Trump sues to block U.S. Congress subpoena for his financial records

webfact

14 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

would you want to have a large investigation launched into your entire existence based on rumors, assumptions and innuendos?

do you favor the presumption of innocence or prefer the totalitarian approach of this style of prosecution?

do you prefer govt agencies driven by political animus destroying peoples lives?

I prefer a Prez who is proven not to be a criminal. Litigation is the American way. Every fortune 500 company is litigated. It will be nice to know Trump's taxes are above reapproach.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Kasane said:

I am no lib. And also no Trumpster. They are both wicked. Independent is my shade. I want to know the Prez is not a criminal. Do you favor a criminal Prez?

I don't ! America didn't elect a criminal ! So now it's open season to investigate a POTUS criminally through a  political lens with no probable cause! Sounds like the Russian investigation no collution, no obstruction but let all the haters poke him until he's done.

I had a Ozzie ask me a month ago,How can everybody get away with all these injustices(his term) toward a POTUS and not be held accountable 

So if this is the plan, so be it for (all) past and future POTUS!

27 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:
39 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

would you want to have a large investigation launched into your entire existence based on rumors, assumptions and innuendos?

do you favor the presumption of innocence or prefer the totalitarian approach of this style of prosecution?

do you prefer govt agencies driven by political animus destroying peoples lives?

Yes, why waste your time on someone who is so obviously 'squeaky clean'?

Look for real criminals, like Cohen, Manafort, and Stone? Oh wait you got them already and the one thing they have in common is their connection to the orangutan-in-chief? Their every day lives turned out to be quite interesting.

Of course Trump is dirty.

well, the special counsel did not find anything, a 9 month FBI investigation did not find anything, but if you just let them keep looking they will....

there is the lefts insanity on full display

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

I don't ! America didn't elect a criminal ! So now it's open season to investigate a POTUS criminally through a  political lens with no probable cause! Sounds like the Russian investigation no collution, no obstruction but let all the haters poke him until he's done.

I had a Ozzie ask me a month ago,How can everybody get away with all these injustices(his term) toward a POTUS and not be held accountable 

It happens because his taxes and related financial dealings are hidden from public scrutiny. I think there should be a law that requires all presidential candidates show their taxes before elections. Just so that we know that no criminal billionaire has bought the election.

So if this is the plan, so be it for (all) past and future POTUS! Every financial deal public and private .Gather their phone conversations and emails since they where in High school

2 minutes ago, Kasane said:
13 minutes ago, riclag said:

It happens because his taxes and related financial dealings are hidden from public scrutiny. I think there should be a law that requires all presidential candidates show their taxes before elections. Just so that we know that no criminal billionaire has bought the election.

ok then.

then also every politician I mean EVERY politician needs to show all returns and PROVE they have not enriched themselves while in govt using their influence.

you know like Maxine waters and Pelosi who have enriched themselves greatly while in office

10 minutes ago, Kasane said:

I agree with you on the should be a law!  There is no law ! They should pass a law that makes the POTUS  subject to Conflict of Interest also but the office is immune from that also. This is the MO of the left make up or change laws as they go along to fit there agenda

2 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

ok then.

then also every politician I mean EVERY politician needs to show all returns and PROVE they have not enriched themselves while in govt using their influence.

you know like Maxine waters and Pelosi who have enriched themselves greatly while in office

Sure. I am all for it. All public servants should have no criminal background. Its the least we should accept. 

Troll comments removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

5 minutes ago, Kasane said:
9 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

ok then.

Sure. I am all for it. All public servants should have no criminal background. Its the least we should accept. 

getting away with using their position to enrich themselves is ok though?

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is afraid his financial records will show considerably lower net worth than he claims, considerably more debt, and possibly implicate him in bank fraud, with the over inflating of property values, to obtain the Deutsche Bank loans. He has alot of skeletons in his closet. He should be afraid. Very afraid.

Don't most politicians have plenty of skeletons in their closet?

If his personal tax and personal pre-POTUS business dealings are to be examined then so should his competitors. And she's got plenty of things to examine!

The Democrats look like a bunch of bitter sour losers who can't take being beaten; or any opinion but their own. Instead of working hard for the benefit of Americans and building policies that will get them re-elected they indulge in witch hunts and petty minded slurs. This may well backfire on them.

Can Trump ever afford to leave the White House? If he loses the next election the banks will be waiting the moment he walks out the gate as a common citizen.

That's why he was terrified of the Mueller investigation but Mueller didn't investigate Trumps finances.

Teflon Trump.

He has to stay inside the White House otherwise he's toast.

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If his personal tax and personal pre-POTUS business dealings are to be examined then so should his competitors. And she's got plenty of things to examine!

The Democrats look like a bunch of bitter sour losers who can't take being beaten; or any opinion but their own. Instead of working hard for the benefit of Americans and building policies that will get them re-elected they indulge in witch hunts and petty minded slurs. This may well backfire on them.

Of course, all pols who seek office should have criminal background check, just like every other American applying for a job. And its got nothing to do with dems or repubs. The sanctity of the office demands it. No criminals as public servants. 

30 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

ok then.

Yes.... all should provide transparency to the electorate to prove that they are serving the electorate, and not themselves... they are installed as public servants, not self servants.

2 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:
14 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Can Trump ever afford to leave the White House? If he loses the next election the banks will be waiting the moment he walks out the gate as a common citizen.

That's why he was terrified of the Mueller investigation but Mueller didn't investigate Trumps finances.

Teflon Trump.

He has to stay inside the White House otherwise he's toast.

he can do like ying luck did and seek political asylum in russia 5555

wbr

roobaa01

He can barricade himself in the Russian Embassy in DC like Assange.  We'll even give him a cat and round-the-clock Big Macs.  After a few years, he can stroll out of there wearing a beard and new hairpiece and no one will care.  Of course by then, Trump Org will be extinct.     

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Don't want to live in your country :-)) Russian by any chance?

51 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Did Bernie not just release 10 years info? Are there any you can identify that refuse - even after promising to do so. Or was that just another fake promise in the campaign of lies.

55 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The House Dems look quite pleased with themselves I would say. Weren't the Republicans solidly beaten there?

Donald Trump, working hard for the benefit of the Americans. :cheesy: Please stop, I can't take any more!

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

If his personal tax and personal pre-POTUS business dealings are to be examined then so should his competitors.

Yes! Let's disclose the tax returns of Romney, Cruze, Rubio, Clinton and Sanders! ????

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

well, the special counsel did not find anything, a 9 month FBI investigation did not find anything, but if you just let them keep looking they will....

there is the lefts insanity on full display

Were there not a series of long-term prison sentences handed out to almost all his cronies? Even his lawyer was corrupt!

They covered their tracks well, that is why 'nothing' was found, except if you remove the bias from your comprehension of the fact the report states he cannot be exonerated or pronounced innocent of obstruction of justice - only reason the obstruction did not occur is because everyone he instructed to perform said obstruction disobeyed him!

Trump refused an interview...

The Supreme Court under Justice Marshall has already ruled that it is up to Congress,not the courts, to decide what they need in its investigations. Trump is trying to delay until after the 2020 elections when he will once again become impervious to indictment until out of office.

39 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

The Supreme Court under Justice Marshall has already ruled that it is up to Congress,not the courts, to decide what they need in its investigations. Trump is trying to delay until after the 2020 elections when he will once again become impervious to indictment until out of office.

what's that statue that says Marshall already ruled that Congress mid way through a administration's term, can force a POTUS and not the courts?

Just curious

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is afraid his financial records will show considerably lower net worth than he claims, considerably more debt, and possibly implicate him in bank fraud, with the over inflating of property values, to obtain the Deutsche Bank loans. He has alot of skeletons in his closet. He should be afraid. Very afraid.

Proof please.

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are mistaken, nobody hates you.

Your posting history reveals exactly where the hatred in your life is coming from.

Watch out, Chomper is FBI. He knows your history.

Archived