Looking for work

Reemac

Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice in my job hunt or maybe the names of some companies in Thailand that do the type of work I’m looking for. 

I have 10 years experience in Oil and Gas. Half of that was offshore in the UK and the other half has been onshore in Kuwait. 

I’m employed now as an RSO/RPS

I am looking for jobs in this area working with NORM or with a company that does the tank cleaning, jetting and decontamination as this is what I’ve done in the past. 

I have the BOSIET, OGUK Medical and RPS certs active plus a couple of others that I will renew in the UK or get the equivalent if needed. 

Any help or advice is appreciated. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:
On 4/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, impulse said:

SPE meetings (no membership required- around 400-600 baht). 

1500THB now for non members!

Wow.  For years, it was 400- which was too cheap considering the buffet meal.  I thought I remember it going to 600 in late 2018 when I left Thailand (but that may be selective memory because that's where I thought it should be).   Given that a lot of the attendees were retired folks and more interested in the socializing, a rise to 1500 would probably cut the meeting size in half. 

Unless that was for one of the annual special events.  Maybe someone in the know will chime in here...  Ronald???

• 11 months later...

I know that this doesn't answer your question but hopefully give you some ideas of the industry here.

My ex used to work in a land based office in Songkhla in 2000/2001 for a company servicing offshore rigs. At that time the companies were already switching from expat to Thai (and other SE Asian workers) as they were cheaper. The expat vibe in Songkhla was great back then and there was a good community of bars and farang food restaurants. Many of the workers were Canadian, American, British, Aussie and some Europeans. There was a local helicopter base from which the workers were flown offshore. The port in Songkhla sent supply ships offshore. Then the Southern insurgency in Yala, Naratiwat and Pattani started in 2003 so they looked to moved further north. At the time one of our best friends (Canadian) was a manager of one of the helicopter companies. Since then most of the helicopters now go from Nakhon Si Thammarat or from Sattahip to rigs in the gulf.

I have heard that there are possibly better opprtunities in Indonesia or Myanmar.

5 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

I remember the days when the O&G guys were the biggest dick swingers in town . They wouldn’t give the time of day to anyone and looked down there noses at anyone trying to get into a gig . Good to see times are changing .

smaller dicks ?

19 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Maybe the wallet was over compensating ? Let’s all yearn for the good old days 

Until the majors loosen the purse strings and the price of oil rises from where it is now ~$22, there will be no "good old days" in the near future! ????

The good days will be when people are complaining about the high price of gas at the pump - again!

41 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

They wouldn’t give the time of day to anyone and looked down there noses at anyone trying to get into a gig . Good to see times are changing .

maybe they didn't like you? ???? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

Until the majors loosen the purse strings and the price of oil rises from where it is now ~$22, there will be no "good old days" in the near future! ????

The good days will be when people are complaining about the high price of gas at the pump - again!

maybe they didn't like you? ???? 

Read through the past threads on here and you will see what utter cock jockeys they were . Hopefully the price keeps tanking . 

17 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Read through the past threads on here and you will see what utter cock jockeys they were . Hopefully the price keeps tanking . 

That's a horrible thing to say.

FYI, most of the O & G guys i know ( unsure of dick size ) have made they're money and absolutely minted coz they made more money than they could shake a stick at during the good time so go chew on that!

Infact, i'm spending some of my wealth on buying shares that will make me even more money so what do you think about that??

Have a great day with all the other little people.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

I remember the days when the O&G guys were the biggest dick swingers in town . They wouldn’t give the time of day to anyone and looked down there noses at anyone trying to get into a gig . Good to see times are changing .

I could easily give you the time of day on one of my luxury watches that i bought, not sure of the cost, i was making so much that i never bothered to look at the prices of a lot of items i bought.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I could easily give you the time of day on one of my luxury watches that i bought, not sure of the cost, i was making so much that i never bothered to look at the prices of a lot of items i bought.

Reread that and come to your own conclusion why everyone thinks of you as ex big time Charlie’s . Thanks for doing the job for me . Have nothing else to say other then goodby fossil fuels and goodbye fossil oil workers ????

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, chrisandsu said:

Today I paid $1.80 a gallon in a state that has one of the highest fuel taxes in the country and continues to fall ???? would you like a fiver for one of those luxury watches ? 

No, i have enough money thanks, some of my servants use fivers to light my BBQ.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:57 PM, chrisandsu said:

Reread that and come to your own conclusion why everyone thinks of you as ex big time Charlie’s . Thanks for doing the job for me . Have nothing else to say other then goodby fossil fuels and goodbye fossil oil workers ????

Thx, you're welcome.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:03 AM, CGW said:

The price of oil is heading south and could be as low as 10 USD/Barrel soon due to globally reduced consumption and no corresponding reduction in supply (although storage of all the crude is becoming an issue). I remember 1 litre of 91/95/Diesel being 12-13 Baht in the early 2000's and it look like it's not far off that already...

17 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

The price of oil is heading south and could be as low as 10 USD/Barrel soon due to globally reduced consumption and no corresponding reduction in supply (although storage of all the crude is becoming an issue). I remember 1 litre of 91/95/Diesel being 12-13 Baht in the early 2000's and it look like it's not far off that already...

I doubt it will go much lower than it is now ~$18, it hasn't been as low as $10 since about 1974, they would just shut the taps if it started approaching that level, wellhead cost is higher than that for most producers

Low price will be a boom for China getting industry up and running again! we will see where it goes, been so many surprises so far, keeps us guessing!

On 4/19/2020 at 11:53 PM, CGW said:

I doubt it will go much lower than it is now ~$18, it hasn't been as low as $10 since about 1974, they would just shut the taps if it started approaching that level, wellhead cost is higher than that for most producers

Low price will be a boom for China getting industry up and running again! we will see where it goes, been so many surprises so far, keeps us guessing!

It hit -$37 last night due to option coming to an end ????

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, soi3eddie said:

I was wrong, never foresaw the end of the "Petrodollar" historical happening!

8 hours ago, CGW said:

I was wrong, never foresaw the end of the "Petrodollar" historical happening!

Sure but the prices were skewed depending on oil type (WTI at -37USD vs Brent at +18USD) and delivery date (May vs June Vs July). Still very cheap rates though. Long may the low pump prices last although that denotes the precarious state of the global economy.

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Long may the low pump prices last although that denotes the precarious state of the global economy.

AS a (retired) O&G employee the last thing i want to see is low pump prices, too many people I know are unemployed now! ????