Man 'forced to sleep with rats' after Scottish bank cancels credit card during Thailand trip

webfact

I carry only 1 international Visa card , and 2 Thai debit cards. I avoid cash if possible.
Here in Thailand more Thais seem to pay with cards in shops and supermarkets so I think we are going in the right direction. I welcome a cashless society. Just have a backup plan. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that my Nationwide credit card does not work for some transactions (apparently it is Visa that blocks it not your bank); however my debit card works everywhere in Thailand and it is simpler for the debit to be charged to my account than having to pay a credit card bill

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

So easy to have an up to date stand by card. Some people just do not think.  duhh!

Its so easy to plan for every eventually in hindsight... 

Ok - so this guy could have done a better job of covering his options...  but it is astonishing how much strife one person can get into over simple 'date issue'... 

A lesson for us all perhaps... even those of us who never have issues because we plan for every eventuality... 

On 4/24/2019 at 5:43 AM, faraday said:

Can they? How do you do that then?

Press the Cardless Transaction button, It's not rocket science. Go look at ATM's in Thailand and see how many have this button, you may be surprised. My missus never takes her cards and uses this method all the time.

EDIT To Add Just been to Big C and they have Kasikorn and Krungthai atm's outside,,,,,,BOTH have Cardless Transaction buttons !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived