SCG Staycool Insulation install

longball53098

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So the old inefficient incandescent bulbs not LEDs

If you care to read my post, I did say they were normal bulbs. But as I only use them for low lighting good enough. Also only once a week or so for around 10 min: they are fine for me. I just turn them on as I leave one of my bedrooms just to give me enough light to go to the kitchen to make a late evening cupper. Save tripping over the dog.

27 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You can get dimmable versions of those (or virtually the same) in

HomePro

I have the dimmable colour changing (walm to cool white) versions from china in my bedroom.

image.thumb.jpg.599c104c739e333e72ee09ba753ba4c6.jpg

They are dimmable spots. My ones are LED 24w magnetic fitting ones that replace the round tubes. They are twice as bright as the old tubes. And don't need all the starters and bits. Well worth fitting if you have the old tube ones and they go on the blink.

Enclosed snap of box what to look for if you are going to change your normal set up light from the round bulbs. There are several different makes up to you what you choose.

IMGP0009 (1).JPG

• 1 month later...

I am bumping this topic to ask about a retailer selling online called One Stock Home  https://www.onestockhome.com/en/products/57010696/scg-stay-cool_thermal-insulation

They sell the Staycool for 395/roll for the 150mm. I am waiting for a quote on 28 rolls plus delivery to my home in Ban Chang. Anyone ever use this outfit? Did they respond and deliver as promised? New online retailer so I am having questions

• 5 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, fredob43 said:

If you care to read my post, I did say they were normal bulbs. But as I only use them for low lighting good enough. Also only once a week or so for around 10 min: they are fine for me. I just turn them on as I leave one of my bedrooms just to give me enough light to go to the kitchen to make a late evening cupper. Save tripping over the dog.

So only ONE CUPPA a week?

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

So only ONE CUPPA a week?

If you have time to spend just looking at old post might be time for you to get out a bit more.

Regards my electric I have 3 set ups were I live the one in the front part only runs a few bit's lights fans. The 2 Kitchens one Thai and another western one I have are on a separate circuit. Then there's another one that powers the 5 double bedrooms and 6 wet room showers we have happy now.

11 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you have time to spend just looking at old post might be time for you to get out a bit more.

Regards my electric I have 3 set ups were I live the one in the front part only runs a few bit's lights fans. The 2 Kitchens one Thai and another western one I have are on a separate circuit. Then there's another one that powers the 5 double bedrooms and 6 wet room showers we have happy now.

Sorry, I forgot to put LOL or 555 after my comment.

I looked at the 'old post' regarding insulation as I am about to start putting it in my loft.

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry, I forgot to put LOL or 555 after my comment.

I looked at the 'old post' regarding insulation as I am about to start putting it in my loft.

Not a problem, I'm having a bad day. We have had our roof/loft lagged and it makes a big difference. I live in a bungalow and the last time I checked the temp: gauge went off the scale in the loft what that was Buddha only knows but well over 50c. And my rooms were under 30c didn't even need the A/Con just a fan. So well worth doing.

Archived