SUV catches fire sitting in Trang’s hot sun

webfact

SUV catches fire sitting in Trang’s hot sun

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Earn Benjakun

57336235_309930016347686_496371405783721

A SUV has caught fire while it was parked in the hot southern sun in Trang over the weekend.

Fire fighters in Trang were notified of the burning SUV in Yan Ta Khao District in Trang at 2pm on Sunday.

Fire fighters arrived to find the SUV ablaze. It took about 15 minutes to control the fire.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/suv-catches-fire-sitting-in-trangs-hot-sun

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-23

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Caught fire by it self? Never heard about that before...or was it a smartphone battery again?

Thai women never ever leave their smartphones anywhere. They can forget their children in a car, but their smartphones is unheard of.

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Thai women never ever leave their smartphones anywhere. They can forget their children in a car, but their smartphones is unheard of.

But there is absolutely no guarantee that it isn't switched off. Some people seem to have forgotten that a phone is still a phone, and so switch it off when they have finished their long tedious LINE sessions. Perish the thought that they might want to travel with their phone on so that they can be contacted in an emergency; such as their SUV being on fire. ????

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

and a diamond ring in the glove compartment.

Oh! and 3 baht of gold under the back seat.

Nearly forgot! Irreplaceable bonds worth squillions of baht.

..... and the SUV.

No the diamond ring was on top of the pile of money.  It focused the sun rays onto the money causing it to combust.

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Caught fire by it self? Never heard about that before...or was it a smartphone battery again?

last year in Australia Ford Bronco owners were warned to be watchful of where they parked as several had burst into flames when they had been parked over dry grass.

One thing I have learned is that it is better to have a light colored car like white (as opposed to black ) if you live in a hot area and the car is not kept under cover. White conducts heat much better and is also a safer car to drive at night because it is more visible. 

4 hours ago, Peterbkk99 said:

200,000 baht left inside the car?

After spending some time in Thailand I really get tired of all the bulls**t.

It is everywhere, at every turn.

Yeah, despite having been here many years, I can never really normalize myself with the constant lies I encounter and I'm continually on the look out for it.

it was more interesting to hear on today's News, that another Tesla has frizzled; coincidently, also parked

- the first Tesla to turn vulcan.

that wasn't actually being driven at the time...

Archived