BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:48
Seven11

Overstay and the Thailand Elite Visa Program

Hi.

I have applied for a 20year membership.

But now have some concerns that, that even if approved, and pay the membership fee,

that I will not get any the visa, due to previous overstays

I learned that this can happen, from this video from "Integrity Legal Thailand"

https://youtu.be/yb0w8MAIjx4

I know that I did previously have 1 day overstay,

but I can not remember if I might actually had another 1 days overstay a few years ago.

I wish to avoid the risk of paying for the membership, but without getting the visa.

Is there any way to look up my over-stay record ?

( I have looked through my current and old passports, and found no overstay stamps )

Or would it be wise to contact the Thailand Elite Program,

and ask them to only approve the application, if the Visa will be granted ?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

there has been a couple of posters recently,who were granted the elite and had short overstays, this was after another thread on elite which basically panicked everyone, that any overstays would be denied, i think after that thread and this lawyers video it would panic even me, in reality no body since has come on here to say they have been denied with an overstay, so right now i am going on that, and maybe just maybe the corner had turned on the annus horrible of the last 12 months, 

Ive missed out somewhere, what exactly is the Elite program? Ive never heard of it.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, xkkpafi said:

Ive missed out somewhere, what exactly is the Elite program? Ive never heard of it.

Info about the various membership options is here. https://www.thailandelite.com/?locate=en

I have Thailand Elite and I had a 1 day overstay the year before I applied for my visa (counted the days wrong when booking my return ticket).

I'm sure ubonjoe is correct in that they only care about proper long overstays, not tiny little mistakes.

I did receive this email from Thai Elite, after submitting the application:

Important Notice* Please read thoroughly;

·         Despite the Approval Letter that has been received in the initial stage of the application procedure, Member who has record of any type of over staying more than once will be rejected at the immigration when affixing the Elite Visa stamp later.

I did get someone who can ready Thai, to help me go through my current and old passports,

and found that my current passport has a Stamp that says "Overstay under 24 hours". (2 years ago)

And also in a older passport another stamp that says "4 days overstay, fine payed" (3 years ago)

So it looks that I would be in the situation that even with the approval, and the membership fee payed,

the "Affixing of the Elite Visa Stamp" would be rejected at the immigration.

Would be great if there was a way to find out, if "Affixing of the Elite Visa Stamp" would be approved,

prior to paying the membership fee.

Best regards.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A one day overstay would not affect the applications approval or issuance of the visa from others doing the application have told.

The are only concerned about long overstays.

In previous old posts it's been mentioned that the Thai Immigration folks recognize that some people may get confused how to calculate the days, therefore 1 day overstay not serious.

ubonjoe, would you please share your understanding on this point. 

STEP ONE :  if you ever overstayed : NO ELITE FOR YOU

small prints, no bullshit

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A one day overstay would not affect the applications approval or issuance of the visa from others doing the application have told.

The are only concerned about long overstays.

sorry JOE, my contact person of THAI ELITE said : NEVER OVERSTAY, not even a day...

we will see who is correct on this one

• Confused 2

I did have a 3 day overstay before I got my Elite visa, had no problems.

7 minutes ago, justin case said:

STEP ONE :  if you ever overstayed : NO ELITE FOR YOU

small prints, no bullshit

5 minutes ago, justin case said:

sorry JOE, my contact person of THAI ELITE said : NEVER OVERSTAY, not even a day...

we will see who is correct on this one

I can assure you people have gotten a PE visa issued at immigration with a one day overstay.

I think Thai Elite are overly precautious because they had a one rejected at immigration because immigration found that a person had a long overstay before so they are warning people it could be a problem.

It could be the person was on an overstay when they went to get the PE visa since we do not have all the info about it.