Tourists could soon face a smoking ban on beaches across Spain

webfact

STUB IT OUT 

Brits could be banned from smoking on popular tourist beaches in Ibiza and Majorca as police patrol new zones banning cigarettes

The government hope the crackdown on cigarettes will reduce litter and waste on the beaches

By Rita Sobot

screenshot_9094.jpg

Brits could face smoking bans across popular tourist beaches in Spain //ALAMY

TOURISTS could soon face a smoking ban on beaches across Spain.

No smoking zones are being considered on a number of coves and beaches across Majorca and Ibiza in a pilot scheme this summer.

The Balearic Government is asking all town councils across the islands to consider introducing a voluntary ban on lighting up on entire beaches or sections of them to safeguard the environment.

Health officials say holidaymakers would benefit from smoke-free zones and it would help with the massive problem of cigarette butts which currently litter the sand and get washed out into the sea, harming wildlife.

The Government is stressing that they won't be able to order sunbathers not to smoke and those who refuse won't face sanctions or fines because the ban would be on a voluntary basis.

Full story:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/8912735/brits-banned-smoking-beaches-ibiza-majorca/

-- The SUN 2019-04-23

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

And Brits are the only ones smoking?

the original report would of said tourists and will of been changed for brexiteers benefits,are we going to have another blurt about a EU nation bullying brits,you brexiteers are as soft as <deleted>,like kids in a playground.

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Pattaya must sill have a few redundant butt counters for a professional count up wonder what the penalties in Spain will be 100,000 fine and 2 years jail ?????  

the sun is in need of visit to pattaya again,anyone remember the story about the benefit scroungers a few years ago but since its gone anti EU i doubt it will be happening anytime soon,they might run a story saying the lazy scroungers of the UK can no longer afford to go because soros and germany are driving the pound down the drain ????

2 hours ago, bomber said:

the original report would of said tourists and will of been changed for brexiteers benefits,are we going to have another blurt about a EU nation bullying brits,you brexiteers are as soft as <deleted>,like kids in a playground.

Sorry, pal, but I'm not a "Brexer", or even British. American, and Republican. lol

2 hours ago, bomber said:

the sun is in need of visit to pattaya again,anyone remember the story about the benefit scroungers a few years ago but since its gone anti EU i doubt it will be happening anytime soon,they might run a story saying the lazy scroungers of the UK can no longer afford to go because soros and germany are driving the pound down the drain ????

Oh dear....You should only post before consuming two pints, cos after that it looks like you lose your way...????

39 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

the ban would be on a voluntary basis.

Good luck with that.

Sounds like they had to do something for PR reasons and watered it down to nothing, or are pushing for the real ban on the reason "nobody complied" later. Pathetic in any case, do it or don't do it but don't BS around.

36 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh dear....You should only post before consuming two pints, cos after that it looks like you lose your way...????

not really a drinker,i leave that to the bulldogs and benefit scroungers,i also dont really want  a red nose and a beer belly,rotten teeth,quadruple chin,high blood pressure etc,easier just saying i dont want to be you or malagateddy ????

1 hour ago, bomber said:

not really a drinker,i leave that to the bulldogs and benefit scroungers,i also dont really want  a red nose and a beer belly,rotten teeth,quadruple chin,high blood pressure etc,easier just saying i dont want to be you or malagateddy ????

You could never be either of us.....????

Plus, I most certainly have nothing in common with your above description...

1 hour ago, transam said:

You could never be either of us.....????

Plus, I most certainly have nothing in common with your above description...

Your not a true bulldog then...shame on you,infidel 

Archived