Phuket has enough water, not a drought crisis: Governor

webfact

Phuket has enough water, not a drought crisis: Governor

By The Phuket News

1556003065_1-org.jpg

An aerial image of Bang Wad reservoir posted online yesterday (Apr 22). Photo: Chatchanon Patchara

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana held a press conference this morning (Apr 23) to announce that Phuket has enough water reserves to serve mains water supply – that Phuket is not amid a drought crisis.

However, at the same time Governor Phakaphong also ordered local administration organisations to make sure that residents in their respective areas were provided water by using the local administration’s own budgets.

“All local administrative organisations must use their own plans to solve the drought by yourself,” Phuket Governor Phakaphong said at the press conference, held at the Grand Supicha City Hotel on Narisorn Rd, located barely 200 metres from Phuket Provincial Hall.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-has-enough-water-not-a-drought-crisis-governor-71186.php#b5av1whASvbKAOx4.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-23

Ban Neuw taken the other day. I love the comments in the article. 'There is no drought' but 'solve the drought yourselves', 555. Edit: I was out looking at a walk the other day and when I loaded it in google earth on return the image put me about 30m out in the water. I'm out again on Thu and will take some pictures further round- I'm sure its just a misunderstanding.

bn1.jpg

bn2.jpg

Archived