ED Visa and multiple entries

You can apply for 90 day extensions at immigration with supporting document from the school.

You cannot get a multiple entry visa at immigration. You could get a multiple re-entry permit that would only be valid for the length of the permit to stay you have when it is issued. You can also apply for single re-entry permit.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for 90 day extensions at immigration with supporting document from the school.

You cannot get a multiple entry visa at immigration. You could get a multiple re-entry permit that would only be valid for the length of the permit to stay you have when it is issued. You can also apply for single re-entry permit.

Ok, thanks.  This makes sense.  So if I wanted to do a 2 week trip to Myanmar in between my studies, I can get a re-entry permit to do this which keeps my ED visa still valid.  I can do this at immigration.  Does this sound about right?

16 minutes ago, rapidwtr said:

Ok, thanks.  This makes sense.  So if I wanted to do a 2 week trip to Myanmar in between my studies, I can get a re-entry permit to do this which keeps my ED visa still valid.  I can do this at immigration.  Does this sound about right?

You can get a reentry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 day extension you will have valid when you enter the country. I am sure your non-ed visa is already invalid since it was a single entry visa.

You can apply for the re-entry permit at immigration. The fee for single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a reentry permit that will keep the remainder of the 90 day extension you will have valid when you enter the country. I am sure your non-ed visa is already invalid since it was a single entry visa.

You can apply for the re-entry permit at immigration. The fee for single re-entry permit is 1000 baht.

Thank you ubonjoe...helpful as always.  I appreciate it!