BANGKOK 20 May 2019 04:15
MJKT2014

Does Lazada refuse to deliver without answering phone first?

Thanks guys. Could get interesting as its taken so long, now an unwanted gift as the intended users bought another, so maybe I'll let Lazada keep it and get a refund somehow...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just call Lazada and tell them you no longer want the item. They will have it returned to the warehouse and process your refund.

• Like 1

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and I think it is the person doing the actual delivery that makes the call to confirm if I am home. They don't always call though. I suspect it is usually done if the item is large or the delivery address is quite a bit out of their way. If they have other deliveries in the same general area, they often just show up unannounced.

If I don't answer when they call though, they don't deliver as it would be a waste of time for them. I mean, what are they supposed to do, go to the residence and then what, sit and wait for hours hoping the recipient shows up ?

2 days ago I had to make a trip to the Customs Office in Laem Chabang to get a parcel ordered from AliExpress (that the vendor had drastically undervalued on the Customs declaration).

While at Customs, the Lazada delivery guy called me. He knows me as he's made a lot of deliveries to my place. I told him where I was and that I wouldn't be home for another 30-40 minutes. Couldn't understand his reply though.

When I got home, my parcel was sitting in my car port. I'm guessing he left it because he knew I'd be back soon. I think he arrived at my place and saw that I was gone and then tried to call me (this would have been one of the very few times I wasn't home when they tried to deliver something). 

I just checked my account (with Lazada) and it seems that as long as the item hasn't been (successfully) delivered, you should be able to cancel it (online). No need to call anyone. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Lazada ALWAYS call to deliver goods

Lazada never called me

The delivery guy from EMS or Kerry might call. If they attempt to deliver when they don't get an answer depends on the person and the circumstances. In my experience, when i didn't answer the phone but was at home in most cases i still got my package at this day, only sometimes it happened that they didn't come then. I think it mainly depends on where their route to deliver packages takes them on this day. If they are near your place anyway they go to your place no matter if you answer your phone or not, if they would have to drive too far just for you they won't do it if you don't answer the phone.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

I live in a condo and my lazada orders are always just left at the office by Kerry. I have noticed about that time I usually get a call from the same mobile number for 2 rings then it stops. Its as if it is just done so they can they tried. Weird. I have occasionally seen kerry waiting downstairs perhaps to deliver direct to customers.

Posted (edited)

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and I think it is the person doing the actual delivery that makes the call to confirm if I am home. They don't always call though.

Correct, the courier is who calls.

Ours only calls if its an expensive item, to request I have the money ready. Most of the time he just shows up unannounced. 

If you stick to ordering items by COD only, the courier will go to every length to deliver it.

Edited by akirasan
  • Like 1

Perhaps the particular driver does not know the address and is calling to find out where it is. In which case they cannot deliver. It"s not the same driver each time and perhaps large items are delivered by the vendor.

• Like 1

They ALWAYS call me, i guess to check i am there. The guy is not going to go to your home and maybe find he can not deliver duh !!

• Like 2

If you live in a condo you can put this message in your delivery address. Make it part of the address. (Please leave package at reception. Do NOT call) This is what Lazada told me to do. Works well. Most packages are delivered without issues now. However, Lazada did tell me that certain delivery companies have policies in place that the purchaser must be home to take possession of the package. Lazada has a good Live Chat system in place where you can tell them to give you a refund.

Where I live the deliveries are mostly handled by Kerry.  They would be the ones to call you, not Lazada.  However Kerry hardly ever calls me first anymore.  A couple of weeks ago they called but only to ask if we could go to their office to pick up the package.  Which we refused.