Does Lazada refuse to deliver without answering phone first?

MJKT2014

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and I think it is the person doing the actual delivery that makes the call to confirm if I am home. They don't always call though. I suspect it is usually done if the item is large or the delivery address is quite a bit out of their way. If they have other deliveries in the same general area, they often just show up unannounced.

If I don't answer when they call though, they don't deliver as it would be a waste of time for them. I mean, what are they supposed to do, go to the residence and then what, sit and wait for hours hoping the recipient shows up ?

2 days ago I had to make a trip to the Customs Office in Laem Chabang to get a parcel ordered from AliExpress (that the vendor had drastically undervalued on the Customs declaration).

While at Customs, the Lazada delivery guy called me. He knows me as he's made a lot of deliveries to my place. I told him where I was and that I wouldn't be home for another 30-40 minutes. Couldn't understand his reply though.

When I got home, my parcel was sitting in my car port. I'm guessing he left it because he knew I'd be back soon. I think he arrived at my place and saw that I was gone and then tried to call me (this would have been one of the very few times I wasn't home when they tried to deliver something). 

I just checked my account (with Lazada) and it seems that as long as the item hasn't been (successfully) delivered, you should be able to cancel it (online). No need to call anyone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Lazada ALWAYS call to deliver goods

Lazada never called me

The delivery guy from EMS or Kerry might call. If they attempt to deliver when they don't get an answer depends on the person and the circumstances. In my experience, when i didn't answer the phone but was at home in most cases i still got my package at this day, only sometimes it happened that they didn't come then. I think it mainly depends on where their route to deliver packages takes them on this day. If they are near your place anyway they go to your place no matter if you answer your phone or not, if they would have to drive too far just for you they won't do it if you don't answer the phone.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

I live in a condo and my lazada orders are always just left at the office by Kerry. I have noticed about that time I usually get a call from the same mobile number for 2 rings then it stops. Its as if it is just done so they can they tried. Weird. I have occasionally seen kerry waiting downstairs perhaps to deliver direct to customers.

I've ordered a lot from Lazada and I think it is the person doing the actual delivery that makes the call to confirm if I am home. They don't always call though.

Correct, the courier is who calls.

Ours only calls if its an expensive item, to request I have the money ready. Most of the time he just shows up unannounced. 

If you stick to ordering items by COD only, the courier will go to every length to deliver it.

Edited by akirasan
  • Like 1

Perhaps the particular driver does not know the address and is calling to find out where it is. In which case they cannot deliver. It"s not the same driver each time and perhaps large items are delivered by the vendor.

• Like 1

If you live in a condo you can put this message in your delivery address. Make it part of the address. (Please leave package at reception. Do NOT call) This is what Lazada told me to do. Works well. Most packages are delivered without issues now. However, Lazada did tell me that certain delivery companies have policies in place that the purchaser must be home to take possession of the package. Lazada has a good Live Chat system in place where you can tell them to give you a refund.

Where I live the deliveries are mostly handled by Kerry.  They would be the ones to call you, not Lazada.  However Kerry hardly ever calls me first anymore.  A couple of weeks ago they called but only to ask if we could go to their office to pick up the package.  Which we refused.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just call Lazada and tell them you no longer want the item. They will have it returned to the warehouse and process your refund. 

Probably won't be that easy on the grounds OP wasn't contactable when they wanted to make the delivery, and now change of mind. Probably a restocking fee, or store credit only, but you never know, they may just refund the total in cash.

• Confused 1

depends on the Courier. I find Lazada guys and EMS are good. Kerry leave a lot to be desired (and their tracking system is slow to update). They said they delivered a prepaid thing last week but I haven't got it. They tend to dump stuff at the office as well instead of coming up to the apartment. Mr Laz Express does it right, delivers to my door and gets a tip. He will also leave stuff for me if I am out and it is pre-paid.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

They normally call ahead especially if they need directions as is the case up here in the Isan bush.

I have my wife's mobile phone number on my account as the drivers don't speak English.

Edited by Andycoops
Added info.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Probably won't be that easy on the grounds OP wasn't contactable when they wanted to make the delivery, and now change of mind. Probably a restocking fee, or store credit only, but you never know, they may just refund the total in cash.

Lazada will refund for any reason as long as the goods are unused, no restocking fee, no credit note only but you have to pay the return shipping cost.

• Confused 1

It is super annoying, happened here when we first moved and started ordering online regular as well but turns out this got most to do with the local delivery guys.
At a certain point I get so fed up with them calling me that I explained them there is almost always someone at home. Now they almost never call anymore and just show up.

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Lazada will refund for any reason as long as the goods are unused, no restocking fee, no credit note only but you have to pay the return shipping cost.

Rubbish you have to pay the return shipping cost, you print out the return form, drop it off at a 7/11 job done, no payment required.

Please stop posting incorrect information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Rubbish you have to pay the return shipping cost, you print out the return form, drop it off at a 7/11 job done, no payment required.

As far I know that is not true, that only accounts for Lazmall products and products warehoused by Lazada itself.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Or the local Kerry Express shop as I was advised recently.

Print return label "no charge to customer" is printed on it by Lazada.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Or the local Kerry Express shop as I was advised recently.

Print return label "no charge to customer" is printed on it by Lazada.

That is when it was shipped with Kerry as well and it means it comes from a third party seller too. Also you basically pay 20-30B more to Kerry compared to Thai Post (or the shop does but than it is in their product prices) so left or right you still pay it yourself.

Prices of Thai Post are also a bit higher in Lazada to have that covered than when you would pay for manually shipping yourself.

Edited by tabarin
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tabarin said:

As far I know that is not true, that only accounts for Lazmall products and products warehoused by Lazada itself.

Wrong, i have returned 2 items that have been shipped direct from suppliers, no charge for return.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, colinneil said:

And what do you think will be the local 7/11 reaction when the OP lobs on their doorstep with the bloody washing machine he no longer wants/needs!? Please stop posting MISLEADING information.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1