Is this considered offensive?

Seducedbytheseas

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I have seen Thai people wearing T shirts with worse than that on, and they haven't got a clue what it says or means.

The offensive T-Shirts worn in foreign countries (to the language in which the obscenity is written) is generally due to ignorance, innocent naivety or stupidity and in some cases deliberate obscenity...

In this case the intention is clear - Deliberate obscenity. The guy is clearly an antisocial moron.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Seducedbytheseas said:

we told our neighbor who gladly accepted to make a report.

My thoughts are mind your own business.

If you had complained about a Thai, he would have probably murdered you and your entire family by now, and the police would have let him go after an apology and a 500bht fine..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Sorry, but I don't think it is giving any offense whatsoever to the flags, its proximity and height have nothing to do with it. I appears to be in a separate place from the flags and has no meaning toward them. just two different places with two different signs. As to the message being offensive? I wouldn't want it facing me everyday but to be honest it looks just like some typical Thai signage, put up for some reason that only the putter upper knows why. It isn't really pointing out anyone for the finger in particular, just another random statement thar someone probably thought looked cool and trendy. Maybe taller flagpoles?

Let me ask one last thing, would it still offend if the wording was removed?

Edited by Formaleins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many Thais know what the f-bomb means. I'm surprised he hasn't been beaten up, as they find it highly offensive when used by farangs. Perhaps he is getting away with it because Thais are very considerate of the mentally ill.

• Haha 1

in a country where hitler is revered and nazi symbols are worn as fashion

I beleive this is non offensive, its proximity to flags matters not ( unless you are really brainwashed into beleiving in arbitrary lines and sovereignty) 

this sign does not mention the elephant or its evils or the dictators for that matter

what is the problem

one of your neighbours is expressing themselves to you, you seem a bit touchy about it so lucky for you its not said to your face

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The offensive T-Shirts worn in foreign countries (to the language in which the obscenity is written) is generally due to ignorance, innocent naivety or stupidity and in some cases deliberate obscenity...

In this case the intention is clear - Deliberate obscenity. The guy is clearly an antisocial moron.

very judgmental saying a lot more about you and your upbringing - private school educated funded all the way through by parents and a large inheritance per chance? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

@lumply@BritManToo I obviously think it's our business because we live on the same soi. It is offensive to neighbors, children, visitors, and others who come to maintain the pool, etc. If you had small children and lived nearby in eye-shot of this stupid sign, wouldn't you be pissed off? Besides, the old man is a Farang as stated, not a Thai. Read more, troll less!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Seducedbytheseas said:

@lumply@BritManToo I obviously think it's our business because we live on the same soi. It is offensive to neighbors, children, visitors, and others who come to maintain the pool, etc. If you had small children and lived nearby in eye-shot of this stupid sign, wouldn't you be pissed off? Besides, the old man is a Farang as stated, not a Thai. Read more, troll less!

Your children don't care, you are inviting trouble on yourself and your family for nothing.

He knows where you live, and may be mad enough to act on that knowledge.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, manchega said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

very judgmental saying a lot more about you and your upbringing - private school educated funded all the way through by parents and a large inheritance per chance? 

Say what now?....   quite a leap there.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Far too many snowflakes using this forum, offended by the slightest thing.

Its nothing at all to do with being a snowflake , it must be quite unpleasant living in the shadows of that sign 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I totally agree with Richard, and I went to a grammar school, funded by the UK government, and got sweet <deleted> when my parents died. So keep your silly opinions to yourself please.

Can't say Sweet F.A or even Kung F.U these days! But can say BS.

How do I refer to the Football Association please.

Edited by wgdanson

A few paint bombs will do the job. Just to let the guy know people can get offended by his antisocial behavior. Why can’t he just place the sign inside his home as a display ? No need to shout to the world his world view. Bad fungshui as it is. Anyway if you don’t read the sign, it does no harm. Regard it just like you would a string of women underwear hanging outside the balcony.

paint bombs are an awesome idea but there is CCTV and under Thai law if you deface someone’s property you can be held responsible and dealt with by the local police which is not the route we would like to take. we are trying the civil route which may turn to a point where we take an eye for an eye and post the exact same sign in front of his house on our neighbors property.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect