Is this considered offensive?

Seducedbytheseas

11 hours ago, kenk24 said:

And how would you explain that to young children? Or wouldn't it be more considerate of others less artistic if you didn't have to have your young children see this... ?

young children have serious things to worry about, like their mother renting them for 300 baht sex.   no big deal

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Seducedbytheseas said:

The guy is a decrepit fat old unhealthy western man that can be taken down with one punch but that’s not the type of people we are and if it ever comes to that it would be the end of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

damn, i resent that comment

I'm not sure what would happen if someone put up a sign like that in my home country, written in my native language or any other language, but I have a suspicion his whole abode would be subject to nightly trashing such as toilet paper bombing, paint bombing, turd bombing etc...

Edited by AlQaholic

8 hours ago, Tomahawk21 said:

says a lot about where you are living and the sort of people who live there 

???? Why ????

Because all the people in the area do not like the sign?

Or, were you implying something else, i.e. that the Op must be scum if he is living in the same soi as the dregs of society who hang up signs like this?

.... If you are going to try and be an intelligent smart arse, try and include some smart arsed intelligence !!!... 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Or, were you implying something else, i.e. that the Op must be scum if he is living in the same soi as the dregs of society who hang up signs like this?

More like the OP must be scum for trying to harm others.

No need for it, you don't like a sign/flag/t-shirt, look away.

This forum is full of people trying (or wishing) to harm others, there's just no need for it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

More like the OP must be scum for trying to harm others.

No need for it, you don't like a sign/flag/t-shirt, look away.

Where has the Op tried to harm anyone else? He's handle the issue with patience when many others would have handled it differently and perhaps escalated the issue.

"If you don't like it look away" is as dumb as the "if you don't like it go home" argument used in other threads by people lacking the tools to debate intelligently. In this case 'looking away' doesn't work if you have kids and don't want them to see such offense. 

The sign is offensive and not in a 'snowflake politically incorrect' way, but in a way which directs insults directly at anyone in the neighborhood and crosses a line and goes beyond someones 'rights' to voice their opinion. 

There's no need to harm others, but anyone would be well within their rights to take non-violent measures to ensure removal of the sign. Why anyone wants to deliberately insult everyone around them in this manner is beyond me. 

The T-shirt is different, equally as dumb, but different. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you don't like it look away" is as dumb as the "if you don't like it go home" argument used in other threads by people lacking the tools to debate intelligently. In this case 'looking away' doesn't work if you have kids and don't want them to see such offense

Kids wouldn't even notice the sign.

Just like they don't see hookers or ladyboys in Pattaya.

Being offended on behalf of your children is just a western excuse for people looking to cause trouble.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Kids wouldn't even notice the sign.

Just like they don't see hookers or ladyboys in Pattaya.

Being offended on behalf of your children is just a western excuse for people looking to cause trouble.

All flawed arguments... 

My 5 year old would read it out loud, then go into School and repeat it to his teacher and / or his friends. 

It's not something I want to happen and I can't teach a kid to 'unsee' something. 

The sign is unnecessary regardless of how you draw comparisons with hookers or ladyboys in Pattaya. The Op is not living in Walking Street and ladyboys and hookers are not walking the streets pickup up customers in front of his house. 

You may not be one to make choices for your children and let a 5 year old make up his own mind of what is right and wrong. In the Ops case he's making the balanced and intelligent choice that this imagery and wording is inappropriate - you may consider this a Western Excuse for people to be offended and look for trouble, many others call it responsible parenting. Additionally, the person putting up the sign is the one looking for the trouble - he's obviously looking to offend people and looking for a reaction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You may not be one to make choices for your children and let a 5 year old make up his own mind of what is right and wrong. In the Ops case he's making the balanced and intelligent choice that this imagery and wording is inappropriate - you may consider this a Western Excuse for people to be offended and look for trouble, many others call it responsible parenting. Additionally, the person putting up the sign is the one looking for the trouble - he's obviously looking to offend people and looking for a reaction. 

The more you post, the less I care about what you say.

I'll just add you to ignore.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The more you post, the less I care about what you say.

I'll just add you to ignore.

Fair enough, thats your call if you are not up to debate. 

Before you punch ignore button - I wish you a full recovery (you mentioned you were unwell in another thread). 

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

???? Why ????

Because all the people in the area do not like the sign?

.... If you are going to try and be an intelligent smart arse, try and include some smart arsed intelligence !!!... 

If you are going to try and be an intelligent smart arse, try and include some smart arsed intelligence !!!... 

not trying to be a smart ass as u put it. just stating a fact no one in the village where i live does thing like this but then again price start from 10m up. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

oh man this is see through. i bet he owns the property, right? so in his mind he can do anything he pleases on it. he is just looking for a fight because he is miserable. he will probably get one too and if the thais do a good job he probably aint gonna like it too much. 

• Haha 1

All flawed arguments... 

My 5 year old would read it out loud, then go into School and repeat it to his teacher and / or his friends. 

It's not something I want to happen and I can't teach a kid to 'unsee' something. 

The sign is unnecessary regardless of how you draw comparisons with hookers or ladyboys in Pattaya. The Op is not living in Walking Street and ladyboys and hookers are not walking the streets pickup up customers in front of his house. 

What’s gonna happen when your child starts picking up swear words FROM school, then what?

The guys got a sign up, big deal...it’s better than it being a meth den, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:44 AM, ozmeldo said:

We all have our moments but my question for him is why does he live here?

Absolutely my thoughts as well. If he does not respect the country and its culture that issues his visa (as a guest in LOS) then he should "Foxtrot Oscar"

Speak to the district office not the police. Has he paid the tax on the sign and did he get permission for the sign 

Tax return and filing deadline 

Owners of signboards must file the tax return (PP.1) within 31 March of each year and the tax must be paid within 15 days after notification of the tax assessment. The return is filed at the Local District Office. Documentation required in support of the tax return:

1) Photo of the sign or billboard with details of its size and the date the sign or billboard was erected.

2) Copy of the company’s affidavit (issued no more than 6 months previously) certified as a true copy by the company’s director together with the company’s seal affixed.

3) Copy of the previous signage tax receipt (if any)

Penalties 

In case of failure to file a tax return, there is a 10% surcharge on the signboard tax payable. Failing to pay signboard tax carries a 2% surcharge per month on the signboard tax payable.

Setting up or altering an existing sign 

A company must notify the Local District Office within 15 days of setting up or altering a sign (for example changing from Thai language to a logo, picture or foreign language).

• Like 2

Speak to the district office not the police. Has he paid the tax on the sign and did he get permission for the sign 

Tax return and filing deadline 

Owners of signboards must file the tax return (PP.1) within 31 March of each year and the tax must be paid within 15 days after notification of the tax assessment. The return is filed at the Local District Office. Documentation required in support of the tax return:

1) Photo of the sign or billboard with details of its size and the date the sign or billboard was erected.

2) Copy of the company’s affidavit (issued no more than 6 months previously) certified as a true copy by the company’s director together with the company’s seal affixed.

3) Copy of the previous signage tax receipt (if any)

Penalties 

In case of failure to file a tax return, there is a 10% surcharge on the signboard tax payable. Failing to pay signboard tax carries a 2% surcharge per month on the signboard tax payable.

Setting up or altering an existing sign 

A company must notify the Local District Office within 15 days of setting up or altering a sign (for example changing from Thai language to a logo, picture or foreign language).

It’s on private land.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I simply see it as the sign of someone with limited education and social skills. As it is not aimed at anyone specific I cannot see how anyone can be "offended" and even if it was aimed at me I would simply ignore it.