How to cancel work permit and visa non B by yourself?

Hello,

Never ending story about canceling the old visa non B and getting the new one. About 8th May I can apply for the new non B visa. But until this time I must make order with the old one non B single entry. One person told me- go to Cambodia by land border for a few hours. You will cancel your old non b visa in this way, and when you come back you will get 30-days to stay in Thailand. Meanwhile, you can go to Laos for the non B visa. But another guy told me- you can't do like this, they will stop you on the land border when you want to return from Cambodia. Better cancel your work permit and visa first. Ok, great, but how to do that when I can't count that my old employer will be fair with me?

So my question is: How can I cancel my Work Permit and current visa non B? Where, when (I need time until 9th May minimum) and what to do? Step by step- could you write me? 

When I don't know what and how to do something, I ask people who know better than me and who have bigger experience and bigger knowledge than me. That's why I ask.

I will be grateful for your answer/answers,

Best wishes,

Daniel55

If you are on the 90 day entry from a non-b visa there is nothing that needs to be canceled. Leaving the country ends the 90 day entry.

If you are actually on a one year extension of stay based upon working issued by immigration it needs to be canceled to avoid problems applying for another one. To cancel it you need a termination letter from your employer.

You can cancel the work permit yourself by submitting this form at the Department of Employment. work-permit-cancellation.pdf

19 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

I read somewhere, that once the Non-B is canceled, you have 24 hrs to leave the country, unless you apply for a 7 day extension.

Visas are not canceled. A 90 day entry from a non-b visa remains valid even if a person is no longer working.

Only an extension of stay can be canceled at immigration.

It is possible for the cancelation posted dated by going to immigration a few days before the date the job ends to request the cancelation.

It is either that or apply for an extension pay 1900 baht and then be granted 7 days to leave the country after the application is denied.

A quick related question: If he cancels his WP today and goes to the Employment Office this afternoon to cancel extension of stay, forward-dated to Monday, will he be charged for an overstay when leaving the country at a land border on Monday morning?

Tnx

P.S. Extension of stay is based on working.

Edited by MattyBoy
*Extra info

35 minutes ago, MattyBoy said:

A quick related question: If he cancels his WP today and goes to the Employment Office this afternoon to cancel extension of stay, forward-dated to Monday, will he be charged for an overstay when leaving the country at a land border on Monday morning?

The extension is canceled at immigration not the Department of Employment the work permit is canceled there.

If the extension cancelation is dated for Monday there would be no overstay when leaving the country.

Khon Kaen- Cancelled WP myself, cancelled extension same morning at immi, went to Laos, no overstay.

Nan- Left town on Friday asked the office girl to cancel everything on Monday, went to Muk, IO thought it was kinda sneaky but let me cross no overstay.

Ubon- 6 months ago. Tried to cancel by crossing the Nan border into Laos, no go, tried to cancel in Nan city Labour dept, was told to return to Ubon. Full day at labour office, couldn't cancel it myself had to get the school to help. Finish Labour dept at 3;30, went to immi cancelled extension. Next morning Muk, had 500 ready for a one day overstay, they never asked. 

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The extension is canceled at immigration not the Department of Employment the work permit is canceled there.

If the extension cancelation is dated for Monday there would be no overstay when leaving the country.

Yes, meant to say Immigration Office, thank you for that correction and for your insight Ubonjoe.

4 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Khon Kaen- Cancelled WP myself, cancelled extension same morning at immi, went to Laos, no overstay.

Nan- Left town on Friday asked the office girl to cancel everything on Monday, went to Muk, IO thought it was kinda sneaky but let me cross no overstay.

Ubon- 6 months ago. Tried to cancel by crossing the Nan border into Laos, no go, tried to cancel in Nan city Labour dept, was told to return to Ubon. Full day at labour office, couldn't cancel it myself had to get the school to help. Finish Labour dept at 3;30, went to immi cancelled extension. Next morning Muk, had 500 ready for a one day overstay, they never asked. 

Okay, between your input and that of Ubonjoe, I think it best to go to both Labour and Immigration on Monday and leave on Tuesday (the date my contract expires). Tnx a bunch.