EC to file charge against Thanathorn over alleged violation of media shareholding rules

snoop1130

At the moment, in spite of the military, I would think a talented been better run in the clowns in the UK Parliament. May is a bit like Prayuth, with barely 30% of the country supporting her government. She seems to think she can dictate exactly what everyone has to do!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me get this right. You are a day late transferring control of media company shares and you are disqualified from the election after winning too many seats, yet there are no issues if you lead a military coup against the former government because you gave yourself the magic article 44 wand. :cheesy:

EXACTLY- The regime’s true colors of “control” are being exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Personally, I do not think Prayuth staying on as PM is tenable. If he is foolish enough to come back under the guise of a democratic government, it is likely to be short lived and he will be the target of even more ridicule than he is now.  A reincarnation of Suchinda Krapayoon who lasted all of 47 days, perhaps 

If I had a crystal ball and thought that was the case, I would be putting big money on it, but I think you will see him there until the next coup.

Place your bets....... ????

10 hours ago, ocddave said:

This country is doomed, there is absolutely nothing positive on the horizon, its like watching a dreary dark movie play out in real life. Hopefully someone is keeping notes on how not to run a country, this a perfect example of a failed society.

I don't think the country is doomed It is just changing very very slowly.

Thais in general have issues with seeing the big picture and need to learn the hard way, before anything changes to the better. In another 5 years the countries economy, will be so bad that people might have had enough. That is when we will see change to the better, but not before sacrifice is made and blood is spilt. 

It takes a lot for Thai people to leave their Som Tam uneaten and speak up. Once enough Thais are hungry and find it impossible to feed their family, then that is when we will see the real effects of what is going on now.

Thanathorn symbolises the new Thailand to come. But it will take A LONG time.

Sadly, Thailands National Anthem seems to of lost its way ?

“Thai-LAND unites the flesh and blood of all the Thais,

The land of Thailand belongs to all the Thais,

Their sovereign-TY has always long endured,

For the Thais seek l-o-v-e and also un-ity,

Thais love peace you know, but to war they’ll go,

No tyrant can their freedoms take away,

The Thais will give up every drop of blood,

Long last the nation’s pride and victory HOORAY.”

The 6th line, does it ring a bell ????????????????

5 hours ago, ocddave said:

The Western countries should done so years ago, its been 5 years, and no democracy.....enough is enough.....if they want go run to China, so be it.

More like 80... 

This is why the blindness of many farangs who really dont understand what a revolutionary change the 97 peoples charter, and rise of the power of Isaan etc really was..  

9 hours ago, BuckBee said:

the best face in politics and this the ballache you get .

One can only hope the hatred of the ec and junta is growing stronger due to these silly stunts .

HIs family's best pals with Thaksin's gang. He is/was supported by the NED (new cute CIA) to carry on Thaksin's sell out the country. Thankfully he's been stopped. 

Background:

https://journal-neo.org/2018/10/07/washington-vs-beijing-us-proxies-emerge-ahead-of-thai-elections/

5 hours ago, ocddave said:

With any hope, the Western Countries will say they have had enough of this circus and refuse to have any further dealings with the Junta. No more cooperation, no more investment, sanctions on any Junta led initiatives, sanctions/blacklisting of all Junta cohorts, and freezing of all money/assets abroad until a true democratic government is elected

I was thinking the same thing, i just dont understand civilised countries accepting this non elected government. I noticed that whenever PM whats his name visited foreign countries in the last couple of years hes been short shafted with being presented to minor party ministers, not the countries leaders, just shows how respected he is, and note how short his visits are. Not much fun when you have to arrange your own accomodation and meals lol.

6 hours ago, ocddave said:

With any hope, the Western Countries will say they have had enough of this circus and refuse to have any further dealings with the Junta. No more cooperation, no more investment, sanctions on any Junta led initiatives, sanctions/blacklisting of all Junta cohorts, and freezing of all money/assets abroad until a true democratic government is elected.

No chance.

Wake up and realize the Western Countries don't have true democratic governments either!

53 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

HIs family's best pals with Thaksin's gang. He is/was supported by the NED (new cute CIA) to carry on Thaksin's sell out the country. Thankfully he's been stopped. 

Background:

https://journal-neo.org/2018/10/07/washington-vs-beijing-us-proxies-emerge-ahead-of-thai-elections/

The pro Shin fanboy posters have already started to play your attached article down, probably without even bothering to read it!

They prefer to present anyone anti Junta as honest, ethical, a man/woman of the people and out for real democracy. Just like Thaksin and his pretty were!

1 hour ago, grumpy 4680 said:

They say he broke the law under the rules of the Constitution ? WHO'S constitution, the dodgy ones the Junta had made up, by his crooked EC.

Wrong! 

Try reading it slowly. He broke an existing election law that prohibits candidates owning shares in media companies. Or at least that's what the charge is.

He says he transferred them earlier and didn't break the law. EC say he didn't and transferred them after the date he should've.

Normally, as share transfers are recorded, it should be easy to prove one way or another. But TiT and nothing is ever so straightforward.

As a billionaire, from a billionaire family, he probably delegated such things to minions. And as we've seen before, it's often things like this being forgotten or not done properly that can be used to bring people down.

If ever there was a country in which to dot every "i" and cross every "t" then this is it.

25 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No chance.

Wake up and realize the Western Countries don't have true democratic governments either!

Yea, but many countries are freer than Thailand. Thailand’s form of governance is very low down on what could be described as ‘free’. 

Who on earth wants to be told how to think, feel, or be told what they can and can’t say? It’s 2019 now. 

47 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Wrong! 

Try reading it slowly. He broke an existing election law that prohibits candidates owning shares in media companies. Or at least that's what the charge is.

Did he break existing election laws as charged? 

"However, Sawang said he could not tell at the moment which Article of the laws Thanathorn had violated." 

It makes defending yourself almost impossible if you do not know what law you have actually broken in your alleged transgression.

You have been arrested for breaking the law good sir. But I am not going to tell you which law you have broken or what your crime is. How do you plead? 

Seems to me that the cart has been placed very firmly in front of the proverbial horse? 

51 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The pro Shin fanboy posters have already started to play your attached article down, probably without even bothering to read it!

They prefer to present anyone anti Junta as honest, ethical, a man/woman of the people and out for real democracy. Just like Thaksin and his pretty were!

Come on BB. You read that stuff from Neo. Funded by Russia and being call the poster child of fake news. What happen to you? 

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I had a crystal ball and thought that was the case, I would be putting big money on it, but I think you will see him there until the next coup.

Place your bets....... ????

short the baht

I can't be stuffed reading the usual garbage posted on here. The first page and a half of its "all a Junta plot" in that space was enough to show the ignorance as usual on this site. 

Rather looking at the information posted.

Thanathorn and his lawyer state that the shares were transfered on January 8th. Yet an independant scource being a news agency Isra with no skin in the game identified prior to the election that the shares were not transfered until March 21 being three days before the election, when Thanathorn was already a nominated candiate which is against election rules.

Rather than this being the usual spin of how the Junta is corrupting and sabotaging the whole process, perhaps the truth here as hard as it is to take for the "the only part of democracy is to win the election vote and then do what you want including murder citizens, commit treason against Thailand and buy out or threaten the statue bearers, mob" is Thanathorn or more so those acting for him screwed up the share transfer time frames to meet the election deadlines. 

2 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Background:

I suppose you get your western news from RT as well, do you?

More like 80... 

This is why the blindness of many farangs who really dont understand what a revolutionary change the 97 peoples charter, and rise of the power of Isaan etc really was..  

I now live in Isaan and the Isaan people ( many uneducated) were taken advantage of during the Thaksin era. Interesting the majority of the Isaan folks that moved out of their villages and had decent jobs in the big cities or the ones with a higher education could see how politicians manipulated / took advantage of the gullible farmers. Though I am not a fan of the Prayut regime, dishonest government officials in many Isaan cities were forced out and investment in the infrastructure resumed. The education system is still backward and corrupt (some) which is hindering the youth to adapt to the 21st Century.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Don't  view things so black and white (red and yellow). That site claims without any evidence that Thanathorn is a lacky of Thaksin,  same with Piyabutr.  And that Thaksin is a slave of Washington.  Rather laughable, the only hard evidence seem some (not immediate) family members who may have had contact with the Shins.. as if uncle supports party X, nephew Y must also be connected.  Ridiculous.  But it fits in with the FFP is secretly planning to destroy the country (religion,  king, nation) blablabla. 

I only see anti junta posts here and pro Thanathorn/FFP comments. Which is definitely not the same as supporting Thaksin. Any person who knows anything about that guy knows he was and is not a pro democratic person. Hence why the new third orange force won't and can't be intimate or a slave of such a person. 

15 hours ago, ocddave said:

The Western countries should done so years ago, its been 5 years, and no democracy.....enough is enough.....if they want go run to China, so be it.

There are other emerging regional countries that would give the US a presence in the region and close to China, which is why relations have been nurtured. It may be time to move on.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, BuckBee said:

the best face in politics and this the ballache you get .

One can only hope the hatred of the ec and junta is growing stronger due to these silly stunts .

But they had to get rid of him somehow as he is looking too strong in the elections. Unles he has a heart attack Chan Ochra  will be there for years to come.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:17 AM, YetAnother said:

doesnt really matter, in their presecution, on blatant display, of him they will just make something up; maybe umbrella it under 'national security'

They said nothing until they found out that he was going to win. Cannot have that says the ex-general and his cronies, get rid of him asap.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Roadman said:

Rather than this being the usual spin of how the Junta is corrupting and sabotaging the whole process,

Which they are and have done. From the coup to the Rajabakdi Park scandal to the rigged constitution to the hounding and jailing of their opponents, to the watch scandal to their phony election. There is no spin at all, really. They are simply scum.

Archived