U.S. President Trump to make state visit to UK in June

snoop1130

U.S. President Trump to make state visit to UK in June

fe.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump and Britain's Queen Elizabeth inspect the Coldstream Guards during a visit to Windsor Castle in Windsor, Britain, July 13, 2018. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has accepted Queen Elizabeth’s invitation to make a state visit to Britain in June, Buckingham Palace said on Tuesday.

Trump and his wife Melania will make the trip from June 3-5, the palace said, adding that further details would be announced in due course.

Trump will hold a meeting with British Prime Minister Theresa May in Downing Street and the trip also coincides with events to mark the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings during World War Two.

“The UK and United States have a deep and enduring partnership that is rooted in our common history and shared interests,” May said in a statement.

“The State Visit is an opportunity to strengthen our already close relationship in areas such as trade, investment, security and defence, and to discuss how we can build on these ties in the years ahead.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-23

44 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

the trip also coincides with events to mark the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings during World War Two.

What a coincidence? Seems we are set to see the draft dodger soaking up the spotlight with the press, for things brave men did. Many would turn in their grave to know how their sacrifice turned out. I somehow suspect though that the locals will ensure he is aware of their feelings for him. Price of rotten eggs and tomatoes probably rising already.

2 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

What a coincidence? Seems we are set to see the draft dodger soaking up the spotlight with the press, for things brave men did. Many would turn in their grave to know how their sacrifice turned out. I somehow suspect though that the locals will ensure he is aware of their feelings for him. Price of rotten eggs and tomatoes probably rising already.

Price of rotten eggs and tomatoes? I must admit I'm not from your country ! Is that how the left in the UK treat your leaders  by embarrassing them,  by throwing objects at invited guest's. 

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Price of rotten eggs and tomatoes? I must admit I'm not from your country ! Is that how the left in the UK treat your leaders  by embarrassing them,  by throwing objects at invited guest's. 

I think I am qualified to speak for many Brit's as I doubt much has changed since last July when Trump last visited the UK.

He is not welcome, there are many world leader more worthy of a state visit than him.

4724.jpg.5684d602a928ff4ce567a71d00e9961c.jpg

2 hours ago, riclag said:

They don’t need anyone to embarrass them. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:
3 hours ago, riclag said:

I think I am qualified to speak for many Brit's as I doubt much has changed since last July when Trump last visited the UK.

He is not welcome, there are many world leader more worthy of a state visit than him.

Perhaps you should invite the royals into the house of lords or commons and tell them that you are qualified to speak for many Brits and further embarrass them by telling the Queen,he is not welcome, there are many world leader's more worthy of a state visit than him.

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Perhaps you should invite the royals into the house of lords or commons and tell them that you are qualified to speak for many Brits and further embarrass them by telling the Queen,he is not welcome, there are many world leader's more worthy of a state visit than him.

I am sure it was not the Queens idea to invite him...

And I am sure there will be many MP's and Lords who will make it clear in the coming weeks of their displeasure of him being honoured with a state visit. 

If Melania goes with him, won't ICE prevent her from re-entering the US? Her visa was obtained in a fallacious manner. SHE'S no genius, and neither is her husband. Would they put her and her children in a cage? What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

12 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I am sure it was not the Queens idea to invite him...

And I am sure there will be many MP's and Lords who will make it clear in the coming weeks of their displeasure of him being honoured with a state visit. 

lONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has accepted Queen Elizabeth’s invitation to make a state visit to Britain in June, Buckingham Palace said on Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

What a freak show.  Is this what the world has become?  I guess I've been living a sheltered life for far too long.

4724.jpg.5684d602a928ff4ce567a71d00e9961c.jpg

As someone representing the majority of Americans NOT in the hard core "trump" base I welcome all such protests directed at him, at home and abroad.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

lONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has accepted Queen Elizabeth’s invitation to make a state visit to Britain in June, Buckingham Palace said on Tuesday.

That is just a formality...

It is No10 and FO who really decide, they hide behind the so called "State Visit Committee"

LONDON (AP) — U.S. President Donald Trump will pay a state visit to Britain in June as a guest of Queen Elizabeth II, Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

A state visit  ,doesn't that include pomp and a banquet with the queen!

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/buckingham-palace-says-us-president-donald-trump-will-pay-visit-to-britain-in-june

16b41a82-f6ea-4a52-9ac7-1a518e4a9228-large16x9_AP19113451138091.jpg?1556023187734

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

LONDON (AP) — U.S. President Donald Trump will pay a state visit to Britain in June as a guest of Queen Elizabeth II, Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

A state visit  ,doesn't that include pomp and a banquet with the queen!

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/buckingham-palace-says-us-president-donald-trump-will-pay-visit-to-britain-in-june

16b41a82-f6ea-4a52-9ac7-1a518e4a9228-large16x9_AP19113451138091.jpg?1556023187734

Hey take it easy on the lady she is in her 90s bless her heart

5 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

I have never been a big fan of Trump but I dislike him a lot less than Hillary or Obama and his ladyboy Michael.  I just didn't realize that people actually hit the streets dressed like those clowns.  That is a disgrace to any nations image.  Appalling.

Your lot want to take away 1st Amendment rights, Appalling!

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

That is just a formality...

It is No10 and FO who really decide, they hide behind the so called "State Visit Committee"

True... Teresa May has invited Donald Trump to come to the UK and support his Brexiteer chums, Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson who helped him become President.

Does DT know that the UK flag is known as the Union Jack?

Better hope he doesn't.  With the way he treats the US flag, he might take that name as a suggestion.

image.jpg.8d3ae970a06b090f65b70fa592f4215d.jpg

Better call Ken Starr to have the stains analyzed.

Bloody disgraceful decision by a government unable to make coherent choices in any matter.

Certainly the UK public in general don't wish to see Trump with Her Majesty and many Mps don't want him in parliament. 

A decision made by appeasers and no doubt the right wing of the Tory government. 

A man with his record should be kept away at all costs.

They are inviting the 'office' and not the man.  Disrespect may be shown to the man while still respecting the office.  In fact, anyone who does respect the office will certainly not respect the current incumbent.

17 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I am sure he would have served proudly and with distinction if it wasn't for those bone spurs. :tongue:

16 hours ago, riclag said:

It harks back to the days of putting criminals in stocks and throwing rotten food at them.... so it’s traditional, and no one likes a bit of tradition, like a good old fashioned Brit.

that said, who of you can complain, when y’all insist on clinging to the tenants of a constitutional document authored over 200 years ago, which has arguably lost a lot of relevance in a modern democracy, even if it’s a flawed democracy.

17 hours ago, riclag said:

Nice you are so sensitive about a man that cares about nobody but himself ????

On 4/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, quandow said:

If Melania goes with him, won't ICE prevent her from re-entering the US?

[In Slovakian accent] “From your mouth to God’s ears, darling,” says Melania.

Leaks from Melania’s personal diary reveal that on her recent birthday, she sat across the table from Trump, “I closed my eyes, blew out the candle on my cake, and made a wish. When I opened my eyes, unfortunately, he was still there. Sigh.”

Archived