Samsung smart TV

Fred white

Use your cable TV remote...bottom left button is "mute"...button just above mute is language select...

Mine has 3 languages...Thai is on top...2nd from top is English (although I don't think it says English)...3rd another language...

I'm doing this from memory while staying in a hotel away from home tonight...so I hope it helps!

We've a Samsung smart TV hooked up to a PSI dish. You change the language on the remote for the PSI box. The button is marked R/L. Press the R/L button and a text box pops up on screen asking something in Thai script with the number 1. Use the right arrow button on the remote to change to #2. Then press exit.

Although, in the house, different dish, box and remote so it's more like @Puchaiyank above. Depends what box you got, maybe mention it and someone with the same set up can help more.

2 hours ago, grollies said:

We've a Samsung smart TV hooked up to a PSI dish. You change the language on the remote for the PSI box. The button is marked R/L. Press the R/L button and a text box pops up on screen asking something in Thai script with the number 1. Use the right arrow button on the remote to change to #2. Then press exit.

Although, in the house, different dish, box and remote so it's more like @Puchaiyank above. Depends what box you got, maybe mention it and someone with the same set up can help more.

I have the PSI it worked thank you

Good morning

I have no answer but a question. I intended to buy a smart TV but was told that some people are not really happy with those smart TV. They sometimes use a fiber package as a network connection but say that the videos are not continuous, very often jerky. The remote control is slow to respond. So they are not really happy with their purchase. What's your opinion ? Thank you for your advice. 

2 hours ago, phmeunr said:

Good morning

I have no answer but a question. I intended to buy a smart TV but was told that some people are not really happy with those smart TV. They sometimes use a fiber package as a network connection but say that the videos are not continuous, very often jerky. The remote control is slow to respond. So they are not really happy with their purchase. What's your opinion ? Thank you for your advice. 

I'm not sure about the fiber package we have PSI satalite and the video is good we also use a DVD player with no problem. I have a LG that I would watch utube on and it was ok. Hope this helps

Just a word of warning from an IT dummy. I recently purchased a Smart Samsung TV. I assumed a Smart TV would have Bluetooth. I was wrong. Yes, I know. One should never assume.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:30 AM, phmeunr said:

Good morning

I have experience with several smart TV over past few years.  The early models were lacking, seemed slow to respond , and sometimes lagging video. I honestly considered not worth the effort and used android box for streaming.  Most recent, couple purchased within last 6 months, have been impressive compared to earlier models.  I have both 2 month old Samsung and 1 year old Sony currently running.  Both have smooth interface and processor seems to be much better as both are very responsive to remote and play video through youtube or other applications via wifi very well.

I would not hesitate to purchase either again.

YMMV

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, 86Tiger said:

I have both 2 month old Samsung and 1 year old Sony currently running.  Both have smooth interface and processor seems to be much better as both are very responsive to remote and play video through youtube or other applications via wifi very well.

I am completely out of touch on current TV features/prices.

I just happened to notice BIG C Extra offering a 55" Samsung 7 series NU7100 UHD TV for 13,995 or similar - but only on I think until tomorrow. Is that a good price?

Just in case you are interested I have just bought the 40 inch version this one. My opinion is best TV I ever owned frameless , Usb 3, blue tooth, voice controlled etc etc and a superb picture with a three year warranty. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/0-10-coocaa-55-led-4k-uhd-android-wifi-smart-tv-55q5-50-2160pgoogle-assistant-netflix-25g-ram16gromips-screenvoice-search-i273785641-s434243178.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistbrand.list.5.3dbf457eatSu9M&search=1

Archived