Retirement renewal or swap to an "O"?

I've been living in Thailand on a retirement visa for the last 4 or 5 years and am now wondering if I should switch to an "O" visa, issued in The UK, instead.

I'm spending less time in Thailand, touring around other countries much more now, so maybe 7 months per year here, 4 months in Europe and 1 month elsewhere.

The new retirement renewal rules have changed again: 800,000 deposited  2 months before renewal and can't be touched for 3 months after, with the total not dipping under 400,000 for the remainder of the validity. With most of my big bills coming in around that first 3 month period I would probably need to bring in an extra 200,000 to cover expenses. I have the finances to cover all of this, but it pains me to keep money locked away in a Thai bank like this.

An "O" type multi entry visa issued, by post, in The UK when I am there would be valid for 1 year - but with a maximum of 90 days for each entry. I could also get an extra 90 days out of it if I were to re-enter a day before it expires.

The initial downside of this visa is that I need a medical certificate and a police clearance certificate - a minor hassle, I suppose. The money requirement is only 10,000 Pounds in a UK bank.

I have a vehicle and driving licences to keep up.

SO:

I'd be grateful if someone with a wise head could, perhaps, offer some plus / minus points to switching to the "O" multi visa so I can make a sensible, level headed decision I won't live to regret ("you have a retirement, why switch? You never know when the rules are going to change for the worse" type of thing).

Oh, and could the trolls please hold their tongues.

Cheers

LP

If you’re actually retired and in receipt of state pension you should be able to get a ME ‘O’ visa, otherwise you won’t. It’s easy to get without a medical, money in the bank etc. You just need proof of your pension.

The alternative would be a ME ‘O-A’ visa. This is the one that requires “10,000” in the bank, etc.

The ‘O-A’ would be the better choice if you can meet the extra criteria, because you get permission to stay for 1 year every time you enter and that would cover a 7 month stay.

If you go for the ‘O’ visa you can only stay a maximum of 90 days, so you’d need to do visa runs.

I don't have a recognised pension but I do have an income from letting some property - this amount varies momth by month, though, I also keep a decent float of money in the bank, too.

The "O" visa is 10k in the bank. Visa runs wouldn't be a problem, great excuse for a bike trip ????

I could go for the O-A option as I have sufficient funds in a UK bank to cover the requirements - 800k, not 10k as you say. Looks like you need 3 copies of the application for that one though!