Annual Extension Done on Pension Today

" I also asked what would happen if people spent part of the money they are not supposed to … I understand (I hope although I am quite often wrong)  that she said they would be on overstay until it was "

You asked this question in the context of those applying for extensions based on lump sum not on the monthly income basis that you were applying for?

An example of leniency anyway, encouraging.

You were apparently using the 65k baht income option. For that you need to to prove 65k baht going into an account for 12 months.

The images you posted only show the 800k baht in the bank option.

Did your bank book show the 65k baht transfers? 

33 minutes ago, Thailand said:

" I also asked what would happen if people spent part of the money they are not supposed to … I understand (I hope although I am quite often wrong)  that she said they would be on overstay until it was "

You asked this question in the context of those applying for extensions based on lump sum not on the monthly income basis that you were applying for?

Yes ... in the context of those applying with lump sum ... previously I have always used lump sum but don't want any problem if I have an emergency demand ... and it is not a problem doing a monthly transfer ....

For next year the IO told me that they would want print out etc including my March 2019 pension amount .... I always do extension in April ... last date is early May ... I couldn't have picked a much worse time of the year for annual extension ... in 2007 I wasn't aware that this period was one to be avoided ....

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You were apparently using the 65k baht income option. For that you need to to prove 65k baht going into an account for 12 months.

The images you posted only show the 800k baht in the bank option.

Did your bank book show the 65k baht transfers? 

Yes ... I decided in March this year to change to income ... set up with TransferWise to pay direct to my Bangkok Bank account thus showing FTT ...I am British.

Did a test transfer ... Then the 65100 transfer in March and April. I also did other transfers of larger amounts ...should not have gone to the Motor Show!!!

Before Songram I visited Nonthaburi Immigration and asked if just two transfers would be ok this year ... I was told YES. 

This pulling out and listing the FTT's needs sorting with Bangkok Bank ...

I see I missed out the word 'replaced' in my 1st post relating to spending the 800k/400k ..sorry

Edited by JAS21

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Agreed. With only two qualifying transfers (March and April), this is indeed an interesting data point.

On the downside, there still seems to be some confusion about acceptable documentation, and potentially getting it in a timely and acceptable format.

The Bangkok Bank letter appears similar to the other two I've seen posted here. Can anyone translate which box is ticked on that letter?

I'm leaning towards getting such a letter, which links to the Credit Advice/Receipts, for six months (Jan-Jun) in June, along with a six-month statement, and a second letter+CARs for Jul-Sep, along with a three-month statement, showing nine (9) monthly qualifying transfers. Then maybe get a Certification Letter day-of at CW.

But will wait to see what others experience between now and mid-Sep.

6 minutes ago, a977 said:

Now if someone would only show those two pieces of Police Orders to the Head Clown at Jomtien Immigration we all may be able to get on with our lives!

Unfortunately each Head at Immigration Office seems to have the power to 'adjust' requirements ... those documents were in a file and she came out to see me ...whilst waiting for my Passport and bank book to be returned... and asked me to sign that I had seen them...guess she realised that earlier she hadn't shown them to me ...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed. With only two qualifying transfers (March and April), this is indeed an interesting data point.

On the downside, there still seems to be some confusion about acceptable documentation, and potentially getting it in a timely and acceptable format.

The Bangkok Bank letter appears similar to the other two I've seen posted here. Can anyone translate which box is ticked on that letter?

I'm leaning towards getting such a letter, which links to the Credit Advice/Receipts, for six months (Jan-Jun) in June, along with a six-month statement, and a second letter+CARs for Jul-Sep, along with a three-month statement, showing nine (9) monthly qualifying transfers. Then maybe get a Certification Letter day-of at CW.

But will wait to see what others experience between now and mid-Sep.

The ticked box says ...received the transfer from another country and sell to the bank  .....an approximate translation ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Am I wrong in believing that if you use the money in the bank method, it doesn't matter where it comes from, and if using the income method, you can spend every last Satang whenever you want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

or time consuming and rife with pitfalls such as needing printouts on the latest day. 

Especially when said print-outs are of apparently non-existent bank docs (as per the OP's #2)!

• Like 1

Just now, wgdanson said:

Am I wrong in believing that if you use the money in the bank method, it doesn't matter where it comes from, and if using the income method, you can spend every last Satang whenever you want to.

Nope. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

The ticked box says ...received the transfer from another country and sell to the bank  .....an approximate translation ..

Thanks.

By some accounts this is the form letter long used to prove the source of funds for a condo purchase.

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Especially when said print-outs are of apparently non-existent bank docs (as per the OP's #2)!

Not sure what you mean here?

#2 is covered by the Bangkok Bank cover letter detailing qualifying foreign transfers, with stamp and signature. Can't get more "existent" than that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAS21 said:

1 … a printout of the last one year’s bank statement and

2 … a document showing a list of Incoming International Transfers and totaled

Both of the above can only be obtained from the HQ of Bangkok Bank, by order, can take 5 days.

No2 is known as a 'Confirmation letter of International fund transfers'.

You should only need one or the other not both.

Your local branch can only issue a 6 month bank statement, same as you can print from online banking.

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

By some accounts this is the form letter long used to prove the source of funds for a condo purchase.

Absolutely correct.

This letter of Confirmation of International funds transfer is required for Condo purchases, but can also be used for Income based extensions.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure what you mean here?

#2 is covered by the Bangkok Bank cover letter detailing qualifying foreign transfers, with stamp and signature. Can't get more "existent" than that.

Based on the following statement in the OP:-

"Back at BB (we were there over one hour) they were puzzled re: #2 and actually phoned Immigration to check as #2 is something they knew nothing about. During the phone call the IO agreed to accept just a six months statement as a years one would take three days to produce. Anyway I only had FTT’s in March and April. TransferWise is set up to pay direct to my Bangkok Bank account.

"The Branch talked to my ‘home’ branch and agreed between themselves that only my ‘home’ branch could produce #2 … so off we went but in the end they were just as puzzled. Eventually they pulled off all the FTT’s (six in total) and produced a document …by hand … similar to the one the IO showed me. Mrs J said that the document the IO had looked like a one-off produced by an agency!

"I have to say Bangkok Bank really ‘came up trumps’ and didn’t charge for #2 as they had no code or whatever for it … seems it was produced as a favor as I’m a long time customer … or just to get rid of me! " 

But @Tanoshi has now clarified what it actually relates to!

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Per an order that took effect less than four months ago? 

Previously you needed to just show income, no Thai bank requirement at all. 

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Based on the following statement in the OP:-

"Back at BB (we were there over one hour) they were puzzled re: #2 and actually phoned Immigration to check as #2 is something they knew nothing about. During the phone call the IO agreed to accept just a six months statement as a years one would take three days to produce. Anyway I only had FTT’s in March and April. TransferWise is set up to pay direct to my Bangkok Bank account.

"The Branch talked to my ‘home’ branch and agreed between themselves that only my ‘home’ branch could produce #2 … so off we went but in the end they were just as puzzled. Eventually they pulled off all the FTT’s (six in total) and produced a document …by hand … similar to the one the IO showed me. Mrs J said that the document the IO had looked like a one-off produced by an agency!

"I have to say Bangkok Bank really ‘came up trumps’ and didn’t charge for #2 as they had no code or whatever for it … seems it was produced as a favor as I’m a long time customer … or just to get rid of me! " 

But @Tanoshi has now clarified what it actually relates to!

He has and he also said that HQ should supply the letter... so I asked crossy to delete it .... 

There have been a few posts where members have posted their Bangkok Bank FTT letters...I've saved them all, all match the OP's letter (also saved, now removed).

Here is one from a thread last month....noting the staples, paperclip I assume that a statement, and/or Credit Advice/Receipts were attached.

BBL_FTT.jpg

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

There have been a few posts where members have posted their Bangkok Bank FTT letters...I've saved them all, all match the OP's letter (also saved, now removed).

Here is one from a thread last month....noting the staples, paperclip I assume that a statement, and/or Credit Advice/Receipts were attached.

BBL_FTT.jpg

Yes I also had Credit Advice slips given ... left them with the IO

46 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes I also had Credit Advice slips given ... left them with the IO

Good to know, thanks for adding this detail.

It seems like these letters are addressed to (roughly speaking) Commander Immigration, so maybe a sign that we are getting closer to working definitions of acceptable documents?

Yes, it can be done and I congratulate you on your patience. For myself, however, I have used an agency since retiring here 7years ago. They are current on all immigration paths as they deal with the regulations and personalities daily. I’m old and do not wish to spend my retirement time figuring these paths out.

• Like 2

Thanks for the information. Good report.

you mentioned that you had a document from your pension company stating that you have a pension.

Is this needed?

I have been transferring at least 65k every month since February in preparation for my next renewal.  I am retired but do not get a pension. I withdraw the money from one of my retirement accounts.