Annual Extension Done on Pension Today

On 4/24/2019 at 5:42 PM, chilly07 said:

Can anyone show examples of bank statements and covering letters approved by Immigration  for the income method suitably redacted of course. Many thanks

If you PM me your e-mail address I'll send them to you ... the files are too big at present ...if you wish you can then reduce and post

• Like 1

I find it incredulous that immigration haven't issued a notice to each of the Thai banks regarding visa extension requests from foreigners, including precisely what paperwork/information is required. Rather than leaving it to the foreigner to try and explain to bank staff what it is they think they need.

The foreigner could then enter the bank and request visa extension set number #1, #2, #3, #4 etc., where each number represents a particular set of documents, for example: -

#1.- retirement visa extension -lump sum

#2.- retirement visa extension -monthly

#3.- marriage visa extension -lump sum

#4.- marriage visa extension -monthly

The banks could then prepare themselves with a template and populate it accordingly and the foreigner returns after an agreed time interval to collect it and even pays B100 for the privilege, if necessary.

Ok, ok. I'll give myself a slap and remind myself which country I'm retired in.

Edited by roger buttmore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roger buttmore said:

I find it incredulous that immigration haven't issued a notice to each of the Thai banks regarding visa extension requests from foreigners, including precisely what paperwork/information is required. Rather than leaving it to the foreigner to try and explain to bank staff what it is they think they need.

Communication within the Thai bureaucracy is pretty strictly vertical. So Nonthaburi Immigration will talk [down] to its foreign clients and talk [up] to its regional office. It won't talk to other provincial immigration offices, certainly won't talk to offices in other ministries and absolutely won't talk to banks. This way everybody looks after their own little fiefdom. They don't tell the banks what to do and they certainly won't be told what to do by the banks. This is my experience of working with Thai bureaucracy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Communication within the Thai bureaucracy is pretty strictly vertical. So Nonthaburi Immigration will talk [down] to its foreign clients and talk [up] to its regional office. It won't talk to other provincial immigration offices, certainly won't talk to offices in other ministries and absolutely won't talk to banks. This way everybody looks after their own little fiefdom. They don't tell the banks what to do and they certainly won't be told what to do by the banks. This is my experience of working with Thai bureaucracy.

Well my bank phoned immigration... see my origional post ... but you are correct ... at present extensions can be painful ...