Better choice? Ford wildtrack 2.2 vs Mitsu triton 2017-2018

BestB

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Dunno, looks pretty high maintenance to me.

NO way...rice and chang are cheap???? Drive it like you stole it???? fast and hard...

Or skip the wheels all together and go bareback LOL...3 sample models to choose from

tuk.jpg.d3cb0f0194b545c4dd480b9ddafc9328.jpg

.jpg

Fali orapum.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I test drove the new Wildtrac 4x4 bi-turbo and the 4x2 single turbo. 

Not a huge amount of difference but I think the tyres were incorrect pressures on the 4x2, as it was bouncing around horribly.

Both have a nice interior and most of the modern pressing/beeping/flashing things..

Wasn't going to get another truck but having had my previous Ranger trouble free for 8 yrs, I'm tempted ????

We've a standard Ford ranger 4x4, not wildtrack, but 3.2 diesel, not 2.2, and it's way good, heaps better than Mitzi and Nissan.

The 3.2 is a 5 cylinder motor not 4 cylinder like all the others, including Toyota, Nissin, Izuzu and Mitsubishi, and it makes such a good smooth vehicle.

Get a 3.2 you won't regret it.

1 minute ago, millymoopoo said:

We've a standard Ford ranger 4x4, not wildtrack, but 3.2 diesel, not 2.2, and it's way good, heaps better than Mitzi and Nissan.

The 3.2 is a 5 cylinder motor not 4 cylinder like all the others, including Toyota, Nissin, Izuzu and Mitsubishi, and it makes such a good smooth vehicle.

3.2 is an extra 100000, hardly justified for my needs but do understand what you mean

1 minute ago, millymoopoo said:

Why are Ford doing away with your "smooth" motor....?

No sexy pix to back me up, but I have an old 2006 Ford Ranger Wildcat 4-door 4x4 3-litre diesel pickup. Still very happy with it. Can overload with well over a tonne of rice. I did boost the stock shocks though. Really strong chassis and cab. I'd back it in a collision. Problems over the years, few: Had to replace the charger; replace a gear box driveshaft link; a B10,000  computer-gearing replacement, but the 4L light still sometimes displays when it shouldn't, which screws up the speedo etc, but eventually shuts off when I apply power. That's my biggest grumble. Not much else I can think of. A good, tough truck. I like it. Low maintenance.

2 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

My Ford is very good, 3 years now and not a problem 100000 Kms+.

Not all Fords will have a major problem, but reading about problems on this forum Ford does seem to turn up a lot more than others..

I thought Ford didn't necessary have anymore issues than other pick ups. The problem is when they do have issues many places in Thai are incapable of fixing them. The Mrs and I both loved the Wildtrak when we went to test drive it, however, we later discovered (asking around and experience) Ford in our province were useless.

Mrs work car is an older Ford that was going along well. It had a problem and even with the simpler technology the older cars have Ford servicing was enough for the boss to not go Ford again. Ended up being fixed by an outside shop as Ford couldn't figure it out. They have replaced their other pick up with a 4 door low spec Mitsu, On the other hand our best Thai friend has just got herself a Wildtrak and Everest in the space of a few months - but lives in a much bigger city with a better service centre. 

18 hours ago, transam said:

Why are Ford doing away with your "smooth" motor....?

It doesn't matter what Ford do, you will always hate them Trans ????

The new 2.0L turbo and Bi-turbo engines produce much better power and fuel figures than the older units.

10 speed box, which is very responsive adds to the driving experience.

I guess just like the tiny 1.6L F1 engines, bigger is not necessarily better....

1 hour ago, transam said:

Not all Fords will have a major problem, but reading about problems on this forum Ford does seem to turn up a lot more than others..

I haven't read about many Ranger issues !! The Fiesta and Focus had lots but even those have been ironed out I think ??

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

It doesn't matter what Ford do, you will always hate them Trans ????

The new 2.0L turbo and Bi-turbo engines produce much better power and fuel figures than the older units.

10 speed box, which is very responsive adds to the driving experience.

I guess just like the tiny 1.6L F1 engines, bigger is not necessarily better....

I have driven Fords most of my life in a country where it can be fixed easily and quickly..????

Well I was replying to a guy that was quoting the 3.2, and as we know Ford is dumping it...

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I haven't read about many Ranger issues !! The Fiesta and Focus had lots but even those have been ironed out I think ??

But just wait till the 3.2 gets a bit older, takes it the bloke round the back for an oil change, the bloke has his lunch whilst it is draining, on start up it has no oil pressure.....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I was replying to a guy that was quoting the 3.2, and as we know Ford is dumping it...

Dumping it or just moving fwd with development ?? 

The 2.0L is a nice drive.. Although they have neglected to put the 2.0L badge where the old 3.2L used to be in front of the doors, just says Ranger now or Bi-Turbo ????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

But just wait till the 3.2 gets a bit older, takes it the bloke round the back for an oil change, the bloke has his lunch whilst it is draining, on start up it has no oil pressure.....????

???? He has his lunch whilst draining Toyota oil too...

8 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Two points about the 3.2.....A fitter has 10 minutes to drain oil and fill/start the engine because it has some daft oil pump setup that can leave you with no oil pressure....The rear cylinder has a cooling problem where over time it can score or wear quickly......

26 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Rubbish. Have just had a 10th service on my 2.8 Toyo lump. In the service bay 9.05am driving out 9.25am. That's including greasing the prop. Hardly had time to finish the free coffee.

As usual T/A I see that you are confused yet again, your getting like the old ace of pops. Would like to ask do you understand English??? I could if you wish put my post in German or French Sorry cant do in Thai as would have to change my key board.

21 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Rubbish. Have just had a 10th service on my 2.8 Toyo lump. In the service bay 9.05am driving out 9.25am. That's including greasing the prop. Hardly had time to finish the free coffee.

We were talking about Somchai who lives round the corner, not main dealers..

Pay attention McFly ????

18 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

As usual T/A I see that you are confused yet again, your getting like the old ace of pops. Would like to ask do you understand English??? I could if you wish put my post in German or French Sorry cant do in Thai as would have to change my key board.

Gawd, so I am confused.....????.....Loosen up chap....????

1 hour ago, transam said:

Two points about the 3.2.....A fitter has 10 minutes to drain oil and fill/start the engine because it has some daft oil pump setup that can leave you with no oil pressure....The rear cylinder has a cooling problem where over time it can score or wear quickly......

Engine technology moves fast today and you got to keep up to speed with stuff like variable flow oil pumps. 

In among all the scary DIY oil change stories there must be a way to restore prime to these pumps.

1 minute ago, Fruit Trader said:

Engine technology moves fast today and you got to keep up to speed with stuff like variable flow oil pumps. 

In among all the scary DIY oil change stories there must be a way to restore prime to these pumps.

Perhaps, but if folk don't know then the bearings could be wiped out...Which sounds expensive...

5 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Man in 1960's car service video say check oil light go out after changing oil and filter.

But back then there was no ploblem.....????

Must confess my fun ride had no oil pressure after oil change and filter clean....I had to get a weee funnel and pour oil down the hose to the pump....????

6 minutes ago, transam said:

But back then there was no ploblem.....????

Must confess my fun ride had no oil pressure after oil change and filter clean....I had to get a weee funnel and pour oil down the hose to the pump....????

Some very old engines had oil primers. Maybe Ford should fit one next to the handbrake.

Archived