Better choice? Ford wildtrack 2.2 vs Mitsu triton 2017-2018

BestB

23 hours ago, transam said:

Why are Ford doing away with your "smooth" motor....?

Possibly because they managed to get better fuel economy and emissions with similar performance from a smaller cheaper to manufacture 2L, 4 cylinder engine.  Similar to Toyota changing from the old 3L to the 2.8L.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Jitar said:

Possibly because they managed to get better fuel economy and emissions with similar performance from a smaller cheaper to manufacture 2L, 4 cylinder engine.  Similar to Toyota changing from the old 3L to the 2.8L.  

Probably right...

With the Toyota they designed a new similar cc engine that improved on the bullet proof predecessor both having similar power. New 2.8 did away with the timing belt and has self adjusting valve gear.

36 minutes ago, transam said:

Probably right...

With the Toyota they designed a new similar cc engine that improved on the bullet proof predecessor both having similar power. New 2.8 did away with the timing belt and has self adjusting valve gear.

I read that the MG ZS SUV "performance" model has a 1 ltr 3 cylinder turbo engine, yes the times are a changing....

2 hours ago, transam said:

I read that the MG ZS SUV "performance" model has a 1 ltr 3 cylinder turbo engine, yes the times are a changing....

Its apparently less economical than the 4 cylinder has a little more torque but still not enough power to pull you out of bed.

38 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Its apparently less economical than the 4 cylinder has a little more torque but still not enough power to pull you out of bed.

And it is called an MG.....Bet Mr.Morris is....????....up there...

5 hours ago, transam said:

Probably right...

The 1KD engines were good, if not quiet bullet proof.  I doubt the newer engines will be more reliable as the drive for low emissions and fuel economy pushes new diesels to more complex solutions.  The variable displacement oil pumps being a good example.  Some Hilux and Prado models in Australia with the new 2.8L have DPF problems and issues with dust getting around the air-cleaner.  Timing chains are not always an improvement, just look at BMWs N47 problems.  Reliability depends on the implementation of the design. 

2 minutes ago, Jitar said:

The 1KD engines were good, if not quiet bullet proof.  I doubt the newer engines will be more reliable as the drive for low emissions and fuel economy pushes new diesels to more complex solutions.  The variable displacement oil pumps being a good example.  Some Hilux and Prado models in Australia with the new 2.8L have DPF problems and issues with dust getting around the air-cleaner.  Timing chains are not always an improvement, just look at BMWs N47 problems.  Reliability depends on the implementation of the design. 

I don't like BMW's.....????

But, chain fail is pretty rare, where as belt fail is more problematic..

Archived