Couple accused of violating Thailand’s sovereignty ‘in hiding’

snoop1130

Couple accused of violating Thailand’s sovereignty ‘in hiding’

By The Nation

b5cd9c7e87ecf0b33f9a3b9fa3ccd55b.jpeg

The couple facing legal action related to their seastead floating home off Phuket is believed to have gone into hiding in Thailand.

Their mobile phone signal identified their last known spot as Tarutao Island in Satun province, Phuket’s deputy police chief Pol Colonel Witoon Kongsudjai said on Tuesday. 

“We are going to track them down,” he said.

733bb8a87b353a9ba973bda967bcbca7.jpeg

The suspects have been identified as Chad Andrew Elwartowski, an American bitcoin investor, and his Thai girlfriend, Supranee Thepdet (aka Nadia Summergirl).

Authorities have accused them of several laws violation, including taking action that diminish Thailand's sovereignty. 

90fee652e2a89a0f5a327a61a8a52604.jpeg

Seasteading is the concept of creating permanent dwellings at sea, outside the territory claimed by any government.

The authorities have already removed their floating home from the sea and kept it as evidence. 

Police say they have prepared sufficient evidence ready and arrest warrants for the couple should be issued soon. 

At this point, police are waiting for the Office of the Attorney-General to appoint its officials to join the investigation into this case. 

The office's representatives are necessary because the alleged crime took place outside Thailand's territory.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368230

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-23

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so there was all that talk about Death Penalties, yet they haven;t even created the Arrest Warrants

so, there was all that talk accusing them of being inside thailand's territories, yet they are now awaiting word from the AttGen office, because they're crime was committed outside of Thailand's territories

it's getting a bit like changing the rules during an America's Cup yacht race!

23 minutes ago, tifino said:

so there was all that talk about Death Penalties, yet they haven;t even created the Arrest Warrants

so, there was all that talk accusing them of being inside thailand's territories, yet they are now awaiting word from the AttGen office, because they're crime was committed outside of Thailand's territories

it's getting a bit like changing the rules during an America's Cup yacht race!

Yea but they got him in the bag on the cancelled visa.  He is now in the country illegally and if they cancelled it before he came ashore then he has an illegal entry charge as well.  Things are not looking good for this bloke (one way or the other).

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The office's representatives are necessary because the alleged crime took place outside Thailand's territory.

If that is the case ,what has it got to do with Thailand

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Not that I mean to be nasty, but his girlfriend ?!...I mean...well !....ahem!...whatever....anyhow, one could be rest assured that if he is hiding behind his girlfriend, nobody will get a glimpse of him ! :whistling:

I think it was a typo that should have said he has a "bit of coin" judging by the GF

15 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Am i the only one who's getting really tired of seeing this non-story being recycled ad nauseam? 

There must be at least half a dozen iterations of what's basically the same info. 

Yes. You're the only one.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. You're the only one.

LOL   That's a good one. 

I'm glad you've checked with every forum member, or perhaps it's more likely that you've just appointed yourself the official spokesperson for the everyone on TVF, except me. 

Keep up the good work. I'm sure the other members are grateful to have you thinking and speaking for them. 

So funny...............LMAO

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Authorities have accused them of several laws violation, including taking action that diminish Thailand's sovereignty. 

Total overreaction to some dude and his chick wanting to live in a lighting buoy in waters claimed by Thailand .. Jeez' how pompous and disproportionate are these people sometimes .. 

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

He was in international waters,how does that threaten Thailand until they dragged the home into thai waters

It's Thai logic though, if he hadn't been there, outside Thai waters, then none of this would have happened. I wonder where the sick buffalo will fit in to this story.

Brigante7.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If that is the case ,what has it got to do with Thailand

regards worgeordie

From what little attention I've paid to this story, all these folks did is try and drop a permanent anchor NEAR Thai territory. I can't understand how that's illegal, and if so, the DEATH PENALTY?!?

Thailand is making sad reputation to itself on everything . !  We had the Saud i woman, The footballer from Australia.   now we have that! I stop counting the number of foreign residents leaving.....   everything is folklore here!  It's kindergarten

if I would have money and love the sea, buy a boat and travel the world, of course still have to stamp in n out of countries. Sick idea to imprison himself on a 4x4m or so platform in the middle of an ocean claiming here I am....Sick (me too for reading and following this nonstory). 

So the super sleuths have tracked the mobile phone signal and published it.  Can't wait for the keystone cops to be chasing the train to Bangkok whilst these poor folk are elsewhere having a good belly laugh, along with the rest of the international community, at the Thais expense.

Like I said before the bigger picture would be - the real powers that be, the ones that tell governments what to do, don't want the cattle living freely willy nilly outside of government controls and laws. It's all about control of populations - can't have herds of people out there living freely not under direct control of the inbred powers that be - not acceptable.

Maybe people need to stop drinking the koolaid, its basically a publicity stunt by some bitcoin idiot. And media exploitation to make a story out of nothing. 

Nobody has been charged, arrest warrants have not been issued, nobody is facing the death penalty.

This guy will be selling shares in his bitcoin/seastead venture next week, and guess what, he is getting free publicity.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Will the death penalty be enough punishment for what they did?

No, they need to declare war on his home country and assemble an invasion force not seen since the D Day landing. They must avenge this insult to Thai people and their sovereignty.

Archived