Couple accused of violating Thailand’s sovereignty ‘in hiding’

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

No, they need to declare war on his home country and assemble an invasion force not seen since the D Day landing. They must avenge this insult to Thai people and their sovereignty.

Thais never declare war on any country that is armed and may shoot back. Innocent unarmed civilians in the streets of Bangkok is just about their limit of bravery.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tifino said:

so there was all that talk about Death Penalties, yet they haven;t even created the Arrest Warrants

so, there was all that talk accusing them of being inside thailand's territories, yet they are now awaiting word from the AttGen office, because they're crime was committed outside of Thailand's territories

it's getting a bit like changing the rules during an America's Cup yacht race!

Death penalty for what. Thailand make up the rules as they go along trying to get people on their side !! Which is a joke

Death penalty for a Farang claiming one Wah of Ocean in international waters, while hundreds of thousands of Thais get away with squatting land belonging to national parks. This xenophobic country is  appalling.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The office's representatives are necessary because the alleged crime took place outside Thailand's territory.

My bold in the quote!

So, what's the problem then? Some Thai authorities just trying to big note themselves in the eyes of the world? 

The "world" may just be be thinking - what the hell?

A quick note,

There are no international waters off Phuket, Thai territorial waters meet the territorial waters of the Andaman islands (india), Myanmar and Indonesia. To be in true international water you would be thousands of kilometres out in the indian ocean.

image.png.63d3c7cd114d0044e0bd49e6f98a213c.png

I can somewhat understand why the guy is going into hiding (not cosigning what he did, but for the woman to go into hiding is beyond stupid!!! The moment she shows up in any country, they are going to arrest her and extradite her back to Thailand

10 hours ago, tifino said:

so there was all that talk about Death Penalties, yet they haven;t even created the Arrest Warrants

so, there was all that talk accusing them of being inside thailand's territories, yet they are now awaiting word from the AttGen office, because they're crime was committed outside of Thailand's territories

The department that issues arrest warrants probably havent returned back from Songkran yet lol

1 hour ago, peter14 said:

Thailand is making sad reputation to itself on everything . !  We had the Saud i woman, The footballer from Australia.   now we have that! I stop counting the number of foreign residents leaving.....   everything is folklore here!  It's kindergarten

Are you part of that "nail-in-the-coffin brigade?"  Thailand will keep doing what Thailand does and the tourists/expats will keep coming.  Sorry to disappoint you. 

11 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

His visa has already been revoked.  Thailand is the last place I would be hiding if I was him.  I guess he doesn't read the news much here in Thailand.  Poor fellow.

warning! do not hire a house boat in LOS.

You would think that the government would have better things to worry about than a couple having a laugh on a floating platform.

This is Big Joke, not the man, but is a big joke and a disgrace to the mentality of those who control power.

If you think of having a laugh or a joke beware and warned, that the consequences may result in you being given life in jail for playing tiddly winks in Thailand.

10 hours ago, tifino said:

Let’s call a spade a spade here .. It’s wrong .. Couple of people wanting to live offshore and they are now persecuted for doing absolutely nothing ... There should be an international outcry if these guys are arrested

10 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Yea but they got him in the bag on the cancelled visa.  He is now in the country illegally and if they cancelled it before he came ashore then he has an illegal entry charge as well.  Things are not looking good for this bloke (one way or the other).

Oh well as they say ' Worse things happen at sea '.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned is these people need to replenish their supplies and one would assume that would be done through Phuket so they are relying on entering Thailand on a regular basis.

what are their expectations if they get sick, a tsunami comes or even a cyclone, are they wanting someone to save them in such occurrences.

what about their waste both rubbish and the bodily functions what happens to that???

In the photos shown previously they are using a speed boat that looked about 6 meters in length anyway so I could not imagine they would be popping accross to the Andaman Island for their shopping runs!!

and finally who in their right mind would want to live on a 6 meter structure in the middle of the ocean and what are the advantages really.

i question this mans intentions, I think someone mentioned selling shares in a company that will not be around for long, a bit like the rise and subsequent fall of the bitcoin market

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe people need to stop drinking the koolaid, its basically a publicity stunt by some bitcoin idiot. And media exploitation to make a story out of nothing. 

Nobody has been charged, arrest warrants have not been issued, nobody is facing the death penalty.

This guy will be selling shares in his bitcoin/seastead venture next week, and guess what, he is getting free publicity.

Oh I don't know about that. Everything we've seen so far (including sending the Thai Navy out there, dismantling the seastead and towing it to shore) indicates that the Thai authorities are taking this exceedingly seriously. They seem fully determined to apprehend this couple and throw the proverbial book at them.

1 minute ago, Millcx said:

Let’s call a spade a spade here .. It’s wrong .. Couple of people wanting to live offshore and they are now persecuted for doing absolutely nothing ... There should be an international outcry if these guys are arrested

How’s about they spend time devaluing the Bhat and coax more tourist in ... they are destroying thailand

From what I’ve read, they were only guests on the seastead, staying there for a couple of weeks for the experience. The Thai authorities response to the whole thing is so immature. Embarrassing really.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Oh I don't know about that. Everything we've seen so far (including sending the Thai Navy out there, dismantling the seastead and towing it to shore) indicates that the Thai authorities are taking this exceedingly seriously. They seem fully determined to apprehend this couple and throw the proverbial book at them.

Grovehillwanderer .. You don’t know much about politics or how the military works .. Think your school was approved ... or your Sad Sacking

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A quick note,

There are no international waters off Phuket, Thai territorial waters meet the territorial waters of the Andaman islands (india), Myanmar and Indonesia. To be in true international water you would be thousands of kilometres out in the indian ocean.

image.png.63d3c7cd114d0044e0bd49e6f98a213c.png

That's NOT a map of territorial waters (or sea). It's a map of territorial waters and Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ) combined. By all accounts, the seastead was located in Thailand's EEZ, not their territorial sea. Legally, that makes a potentially significant difference.

According to the UN's Law of the Sea:

The difference between the territorial sea and the exclusive economic zone is that the first confers full sovereignty over the waters, whereas the second is merely a "sovereign right" which refers to the coastal state's rights below the surface of the sea. The surface waters [...] are international waters.

3 minutes ago, Millcx said:

"International outcry"....??  Seriously?  Nobody gives a hoot about this guy.  He broke a law in a foreign country, let him sort it out.  But he's not getting the death penalty.  The Thai government is simply doing this as a deterrent.  What they're saying is "Seasteading is good and fine....so long as you do it somewhere else."  If other countries are going to allow it, good for them...although I don't see too many takers.  I wonder what's happening in French Polynesia? 

The nutcase almost deserves the death penalty for being such a wacko.  I mean, what idiot has the this stupid idea to build a ugly shed out at sea and expects to break many laws and do as he pleases (and thinking he can make money out of it to boot).

How could he go to and from the mainland without breaking immigration and visa rules? Even if he lived in the shed most of the time he would have to come ashore to deal in his bitcoins, get food, supplies and freshwater!!!

He wanted to build a lot of other floating sheds too!!!  Would he take the blame when lots of fellow wackos got themselves killed or injured when a big storm hit their huts?  The guy is clearly not living in the real world and might have some kind of mental disease.  

16 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

From what I’ve read, they were only guests on the seastead, staying there for a couple of weeks for the experience. The Thai authorities response to the whole thing is so immature. Embarrassing really.

That was their quick cover story. Nevermind the Youtube videos still up that said they were behind the venture and planned to build 20 more soon. 

12 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

How could he go to and from the mainland without breaking immigration and visa rules? Even if he lived in the shed most of the time he would have to come ashore to deal in his bitcoins, get food, supplies and freshwater!!!

That’s an important point. They obviously were going back and forth to the mainland. You can bet they never officially exited Thailand despite having claimed to be living outside of Thai territory in their videos. 

As for the people in this thread saying they were outside of Thailand, look up what the seasteading community is saying about these two, that they were definitely not outside of the country. 

27 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

What else can one expect from a military power run country...idiots.

I’ve been following closely as I too am super libertarian minded and love the possibilities of the law of the sea. If he was indeed 12+ nautical miles offshore he should just stay out of Thailand and go elsewhere for the time being as it’s certainly not an extraditable offense, and save his money for bringing a case before the ICC under the international laws of the sea for either piracy or invasion of his “country”. It’s not a Thai issue at all as it is in international waters.

In general, the problem with all these “micro nations” is that they’re all well and good in theory but absent a bigger navy than their neighbors, they lose, as it’s still a realist world. And another thing and possibly his failing in my opinion, is he can’t have had his cake and eaten it too. If it truly was another “country” he should have gotten an exit stamp each time he left Thai sovereign waters and given himself an entry stamp in his country, and then an exit stamp when leaving his country and a re-entry stamp when arriving in Thailand again.

He probably should make a go fund me page and get all the libertarian seasteading bitcoin crowd to follow him. If he could get some luminaries in the bitcoin world take up his case, like CZ from Binance or John McAfee or Erik Voorkees or Kim Dotcom to take up his cause he’ll be rolling in bitcoins to use for his legal defense. He’s already got lots of press. It just needs to be seized upon and spun correctly. If Julian Assange can raise hundreds of thousands of USD worth of BTC within moments of his arrest, so can this guy. His case is an easy cause célèbre. And it seems like that has already started....

This is all smoke screen - wondering what the bigger thing behind the cloud is.

You dont want to tell me that a weird American and his bird, sitting on a manmade little island outside the 12 miles zone, is a serious threat to Thailand sovereignty which would call for the mandatory death penalty? Such stuff, if accurate, is not even newsworthy. 

Or is some weed smoking (after all this can be legalized now if you know the right people with the right stamps in their hands) going on? Just wondering ........ 

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

No, they need to declare war on his home country and assemble an invasion force not seen since the D Day landing. They must avenge this insult to Thai people and their sovereignty.

Like the Mouse tha Roared?

pic1.png.229e7f79a8bb9affeb48542baeafc909.png

Archived