BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:21
Pattayabeerbacon

Alcoholism (disease form) is contagious

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

image.png.eea3da566432bbd68f5928b22c0f6817.png

Seriously though, agree with you completely.  Hanging around the daily drinking crowd will wear you down.  I did it for about 9 months and had to wave the white flag.  It's unsustainable. 

Its a kind of social suicide , Some guys just have a calling for it especially low budget mongers who just cant stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

budget only ever impacted quality but never quantity

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmen said:

budget only ever impacted quality but never quantity

So true.

Theres always Loa Khao for the hard core alcheys.

So then, how's your initial feeling over/up in Cambo? I've never been there, Laos, or Vietnam for that matter.  Never had the urge.  I used some personal discipline and simply pulled away from the drinking crew and do my own thing.  It was a change, lost a few 'drinking buddies' but that's part of the process.  I'm sure it would be harder in Pattaya if that was the basis for your whole existence day to day. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Rooms are available from $ 150 / month and up.

Thanks for that, an acquaintance wants to live somewhere cheaper and save money to be able to stay in Thailand I showed him Philippine info, Cambodia seems better for that purpose and with multi entry could come Thailand 30 days at a time I guess.

He was asking about Laos and Myanmar comparisons to I told him I have no idea and to join TV. 😄 

53 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Cambodians are warm and friendly like i can imagine thais 30 years ago.

I learned when i was working in the west i just wanted to go to Pattaya because i was desperate for female company, Then on arrival to pattaya I started burning through cash uncontrollably and wake up feeling absolutely horrible / Hungover and with the DTs.

Answer is that Pattaya isnt the holy grail and those people frequenting those bars are all a little bit lost.

You cant of been in Cambodia long, it was only last week you told us that Bangkok was the Holy Grail. You must have only been in Cambodia less than week. I presume there are larger issues at work than the place you are located.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Small correction, ES is for Extended Student...

ES visa extension. The ES visa extension is a student visa. Applicants for the ES visa extension need to provide a letter from a registered Cambodian school, as well as evidence of sufficient funds to support themselves. The ES student visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

The ER is for Extended Retirement... 

ER visa extension. The new retirement visa extension is meant for those of retirement age who can show documentation of retirement in their home country (such as a pension or Social Security) and prove that they have the funds to support themselves. ER visa extensions are usually only granted to those who are 55 and up, but some have reported being able to get one at a younger age. Those 55 and up are not usually asked to show evidence of retirement, but those under 55 will be asked. Often, proof of savings is enough.  The criteria for those under 55 have not been defined and varies depending on which agent you use to apply. The ER visa extension cannot be used if the visa holder is employed, but holders of this visa extension do not need to get a work permit. The ER retirement visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

Useful site for anybody thinking of making the move there https://www.movetocambodia.com 

You're probably right, I glanced at my pals passport, but I'm constantly drunk (as is he) so could easily have misremembered the fine print. He just got his last month, just filled in a form at an agent's office, paid (I think it was $280), and it came back a few days later. Hard not to drink all day every day in Cambodia as draught beer is the cheapest liquid on sale.

• Like 2