Alcoholism (disease form) is contagious

On 4/24/2019 at 1:32 AM, 55Jay said:

image.png.eea3da566432bbd68f5928b22c0f6817.png

Seriously though, agree with you completely.  Hanging around the daily drinking crowd will wear you down.  I did it for about 9 months and had to wave the white flag.  It's unsustainable. 

All of you who have abstained, your livers will be grateful:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, BritManToo said:

Can't agree, I spend almost my entire time in Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam falling down drunk. In Cambodia I was even drinking beer with breakfast. Can't drink at all now back in Thailand as I've come back so ill from the previous two weeks drinking that I'm either confined to my home or in hospital. At least when I'm in Thailand the price tends to curb my drinking.

But I'm not an alcoholic, it's just a hobby.

Perhaps speak with a physician and try medication under supervision??

If a patient is alcohol dependent and they want to reduce or stop drinking, the use of medications as part of an overall treatment strategy enhances the likelihood of success.

1. Assess likelihood of withdrawal and consider appropriate treatment.

Visit the Management of substance withdrawal page for more information. 

2. Three medications are available in Australia for assisting abstinence from alcohol:

On 4/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, Lacessit said:

Alcohol is a Group 1 carcinogen, has been classed as that since 1989. Many alcoholics succumb to liver cirrhosis ( scarring ) which usually ends with them shitting blood.

I still enjoy a drink or two; however, I've found by avoiding alcohol on weekdays I feel much healthier.

On the other hand, I can't see any point to limiting sex. While there is the occasional cardiac arrest, for the vast majority it is healthy exercise.

I would agree peer group pressure is a factor in alcoholism. One just has to resist the pressure.

Or change your social group

On 4/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I was in Pattaya 1 week bangkok 2 weeks and arrived in cambodia earlier this week.

Ive been in and out of thailand for 11 years, I have drank in excess of 2 Million baht in thailand , I have nothing to show for that accept last trip i began losing my mind and experiencing the beggining stages of jaundice.

Bangkok helped first but i started to drink chang beer in the mornings, then the afternoon then i was drinking chang all day every day and started losing touch with reality.

Third day here in the cambodian countryside side with no alcohol, No social life either but drying out is not supposed to be fun is it.

If a patient is alcohol dependent and they want to reduce or stop drinking, the use of medications as part of an overall treatment strategy enhances the likelihood of success.

1. Assess likelihood of withdrawal and consider appropriate treatment.

Visit the Management of substance withdrawal page for more information. 

2. Three medications are available in Australia for assisting abstinence from alcohol:

31 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Ok so five days sober today.

Whilst i am very calm i am also very unmotivated and scared of what lies ahead.

Doing nothing is fueling the fire.

I will be like colonel kurtz soon, completely mad in the cambodian boonies.

INFINITY

Take up walking.

Ok so five days sober today.

Whilst i am very calm i am also very unmotivated and scared of what lies ahead.

Doing nothing is fueling the fire.

I will be like colonel kurtz soon, completely mad in the cambodian boonies.

INFINITY
Do things, get out, walk, cycle, anything

On 4/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Yep the DTs are worse than any drug comedown  its pure insanity , you cant eat , sleep , leave the room and last year i went inti convulsions /Hallucinations from booze.

Alcohol is the hardest one to kick aswell because its socially accepted and available 24/7 all around the globe (apart from the arab world).

when I worked in Saudi and Kuwait a lot of my British co workers had stills going, alcohol is probably the one drug you can find anywhere.. 

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

when I worked in Saudi and Kuwait a lot of my British co workers had stills going, alcohol is probably the one drug you can find anywhere.. 

Yep its a drug alright.

One i have had way to much off, im only 32 now and already have jaundice three or four times.

Alcohol damages people, Makes then sick and kills more than alot of other illicit drugs.

Should be banned world same as gambling and same as tobaco,

13 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Yep its a drug alright.

One i have had way to much off, im only 32 now and already have jaundice three or four times.

Alcohol damages people, Makes then sick and kills more than alot of other illicit drugs.

Should be banned world same as gambling and same as tobaco,

imo It will never be banned, too many people of power enjoy using it and making money from it. Thankfully education/research from non alcohol industry scientists/health practitioners have now removed all doubt in how destructive a substance it is, so people now can at least make an informed decision.

It is so entrenched in our society however, that it'll take generations for any real change to take place and that's not taking in consideration the genetic addictive qualities it possesses. My country's first leader was a drunk so that particular drug use is almost a tradition where I was born (to give credit where it's due though most of the piss tanks that formed our government originally came from the U.K.)

I'm sure you have had it explained to you what that jaundice is indicating, good luck to you in making the right call.

10 hours ago, elliss said:

I should know , the next one is on me .555

6 days sober.

Am back to my normal self again.

Found a nice , cool , 24/7 pitch black fan room for 8$USD a night.

Perfect for a recovering alcoholic

Another thing to note is that is that  just wanna do minimal .

I dont wanna goto far from my room, When i was hungover and drunk i lost the ability to relax, Now i am content with doing sweet nothing.

Whilst my budget is low here i also notice i am happy living off a it (20$) USD per day.

Why do i need more? I think philosophically we as humans are exposed to greed at a young age and are taught that having more than you need is normal.

Im starting to break free from society's  mental chains.

Greedy society that fed me the Poison in the first place.

Archived