new account number

Hello, I got a letter from my bank that I had to move my account to another branch,

because the branch I was with will be closed. I asked them for same account number but that was not possible. So when I need to get my next retirement visa , it will not be full 3 months. So my question is what do you think, will they understand that I was forced to change my account and accept my money was all the time in the bank ?

my retirement visa expire 20 juli on Saturday. can I ask for new retirement visa on 22 juli because then my money has been for 90 days at the same account number ?

I have read reports of people transferring their money from one Thai account to another during seasoning period being accepted. It will depend on the office and IO but produce whatever proofs you can, I would expect no problem. 

• Like 1

Your account should remain valid indefinitely. The branch closing does not cause it to be canceled.

Get a new account number after you get your extension.

Also FYI the new rules state the 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months.

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It will depend on the office and IO but produce whatever proofs you can

Be careful and good luck in thailand.  It will depend on the IO, their mood, they like you, the weather, moon, office, and everything else...NO guarantee it will always work, expect resistance and tea money. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your account should remain valid indefinitely. The branch closing does not cause it to be canceled.

Get a new account number after you get your extension.

Also FYI the new rules state the 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months.

It may not be possible as the O/P's current branch is closing. Account numbers are 'branch specific', the first 3 digits identify which branch it is administered by.

55 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It may not be possible as the O/P's current branch is closing. Account numbers are 'branch specific', the first 3 digits identify which branch it is administered by.

I am fully aware of the fact they are branch specific.

What I was trying to state was the bank will not close the account. You can be sure many people would not get the letter from the bank about the branch closing since the may have moved already and did not change their address.

• Like 1

I received a similar letter a few months ago here in Samui. My K-Bank Branch closed, and they moved my account to the local main branch. No account details changed for me. Just a little further to travel. Seamless change, so it must be possible.

I received a similar letter a few months ago here in Samui. My K-Bank Branch closed, and they moved my account to the local main branch. No account details changed for me. Just a little further to travel. Seamless change, so it must be possible.

Perhaps not possible for me , because I did not go to the branch they recomended me to go to. as I am never there on other errands

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thank you all for the good and sound advices , if the new rules say 2 months are enough, then I will be just in time with the new account number.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

but I am a little worried that 2 months apply only to your first application, as some have reported here to be the case. if anyone has the new rules printed from immigration would show it here ?
I would be more confident

A few years ago, my bank did this to me whilst my marriage extension was under consideration!

I'd submitted my application with the old account number about ten days earlier. I'm not ashamed to say that I initially did panic somewhat. 

The manager at my new branch drafted me a letter to immigration explaining why the change was necessary and it stated both the old and the new account numbers. We then took the letter to immigration and they seemed perfectly fine about it and said that the letter and a photocopy would be placed within my application paperwork. Needless to say that there where no problems with my application. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Travill said:

but I am a little worried that 2 months apply only to your first application, as some have reported here to be the case. if anyone has the new rules printed from immigration would show it here ?

2 months first application is old history.

Plenty of threads here about the new rules, being 2 months also for existing extension applications.

18 minutes ago, stevenl said:
2 months first application is old history.

Plenty of threads here about the new rules, being 2 months also for existing extension applications.

but this forum has also stories that immigration wanted 3 months for money in the bank as said in new post Latest Retirement Extension a Warning

Edited by Travill

A few years ago, my bank did this to me whilst my marriage extension was under consideration!
I'd submitted my application with the old account number about ten days earlier. I'm not ashamed to say that I initially did panic somewhat. 

The manager at my new branch drafted me a letter to immigration explaining why the change was necessary and it stated both the old and the new account numbers. We then took the letter to immigration and they seemed perfectly fine about it and said that the letter and a photocopy would be placed within my application paperwork. Needless to say that there where no problems with my application. 

thank you and
Yes I will try this to get an letter to explane to them the reason for new account number

1 hour ago, Travill said:

hello, but I am a little worried that 2 months apply only to your first application, as some have reported here to be the case. if anyone has the new rules printed from immigration would show it here ?

Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22  Changing requirements for an extension based upon retirement.

The 60 days for the first extension does not exist any more in the police order. It is 2 months for every extension. From the above order.

image.png.bedad79eb4e9d3d820e6095fa51b0542.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotYourBusiness said:

The Thai system builds a CODE into your account number which indicates the branch. That's why changing branches ALWAYS requires a new bank number.

Is Thai immigration aware of this?  They should be, it's not the first time this has happened.  Perhaps it's asking too much of them.