Can I use US bank statements to satisfy MONTHLY proof of income requirements for Non-O Visa in Vientiane?

I presently have a 90 day tourist visa and I want to jump over to Vientiane to apply for a Non-O visa to eventually extend to a retirement visa. I have the required monthly income but it is in a US bank account. Checking account to be specific. Will Vientiane accept copies of past 6 months of US checking deposits as income verification?  Thank you.

I doubt very much they will accept bank statements from a US bank since they state this on their requirements.

"Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate certifying the monthly income of at least 65,000 Baht "

You also need a police clearance certificate and a medical certificate to apply for a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

If you were able to get the visa how do you plan on proving your income to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. You need to show it going into a Thai bank from abroad.

• Like 1

I thought that one can convert from a Tourist Visa to a 90-Day Single-Entry Non-Imm O (Ret) inside Thailand?

That said, no clue how one certifies income now that the U.S. Embassy affidavit is no longer available. I too doubt Thai Immigration will accept foreign documents alone.

Maybe plop 800,000 THB into a local account for at least two months?

Definitely open a bank account (maybe Bangkok Bank?) ASAP, and start making qualifying transfers greater than 65,000 THB each month, or deposit 800,000 ASAP.

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that one can convert from a Tourist Visa to a 90-Day Single-Entry Non-Imm O (Ret) inside Thailand?

You can but you do have to meet the financial requirements. Which requires at least one transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank.

Perhaps he was trying to get around that.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I doubt very much they will accept bank statements from a US bank since they state this on their requirements.

"Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate certifying the monthly income of at least 65,000 Baht "

You also need a police clearance certificate and a medical certificate to apply for a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

If you were able to get the visa how do you plan on proving your income to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. You need to show it going into a Thai bank from abroad.

we want to see money in a Thai bank please.  not in Farang bank.  use to be ok

Edited by malibukid

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Is this a recent development? I got my Non-O in Vientiane in 2015 and nothing was said about police clearance or medical certificate.

Last fall I entered Thailand on a SETV as was able to switch to a non imm o visa while inside Thailand. I had no problems.  The issue is having money in a Thai bank account.  I had already transferred over 800,000 baht into my account 3 months before entering Thailand.

i did not need a police or medical certificate.

Edited by statman78
Added info

2 hours ago, statman78 said:

i did not need a police or medical certificate.

He was clearly speaking of Vientiane, which, as you may be aware, is not in Thailand.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

And to do the conversion in Thailand, all he mentioned was the financial requirements . nothing about medical or police.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can but you do have to meet the financial requirements. Which requires at least one transfer of 65k baht into a Thai bank.