denied at bkk, waiting in detention

25 minutes ago, Rama said:

you're just the exact person immigration is targeting, someone who is gaming the system - you're living in bkk - you're not 'traveling' - have a lease agreement, etc., you're not a tourist! get a real visa!

absolutely true

ED or TE are over due, have just been lazy

@OP

I wouldn't be trying to stay in Thailand if I were you, so many other nice places to travel In Asia.

And if you're doing a few months here then a few months there, no VISA problems, everyone is happy to have you stay.

Edited by BritManToo

You should have shown your funds (20,000baht) and money in the bank statement to show you had the funds to travel.

You have made it difficult for yourself now you have signed the form, My advice fly back to Cambodia go to the beaches there and have a holiday and after a few weeks cross into Laos make your way to Savanakhet and get yourself a double entry or even a setv and enter by land.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

man I tried this very hard, i told them there is a flight in 1h to X, I'm gonna take it. I tried it again this morning full bluffing saying I already had a ticket on X flight. They countered with robot policy "you must wait for the airline representative and can only exit with that airline" there is no wriggle room that I can find on this here

if anyone is ever coming into bangkok via airport and suspects they might not be let in, make sure you come early in the day on an airline with frequent flights, so in the unfortunate case you are not let into the country, you have plenty of opportunity to leave quickly and spend little to no time in the detention center

Is that normal that they let people keep their phones and send photos of the cell, for example? 

12 minutes ago, nev said:

You should have shown your funds (20,000baht) and money in the bank statement to show you had the funds to travel.

They don't care if you have the 20K Baht cash required - though will happily tack that on as another reason for rejection, if you do not have it. 

They are not trying to weed out people w/o funds, or enforce an actual valid law.  They cannot get extra-money out of tourist-entries, so they are trying to force people to use other options that involve immigration-kickback schemes (agent-facilitated extensions, etc).

12 minutes ago, nev said:

You have made it difficult for yourself now you have signed the form, My advice fly back to Cambodia go to the beaches there and have a holiday and after a few weeks cross into Laos make your way to Savanakhet and get yourself a double entry or even a setv and enter by land.

There are no more "double entry" tourist-visas anymore.  He can get a METV - but only in his passport-country. 

A single-entry in Savannakhet is possible, but will need to show proof of 20K Baht in a bank (Thai or other), plus proof of a flight-out of Thailand (some say they don't always ask for the flight, but I'd be prepared). 

100% correct on "Enter By Land," next time.

So I arrive in PNM at about 9:30pm, from there I narrowed it down to 3 options:

1) stay at the airport and fly to Vientiane at 6:30am via DMK, arrive at 11am, cross via friendship bridge, take domestic flight to bangkok @ udon thani 

1a) some of you have said Savannakhet is a very good option, is it significantly better than friendship bridge? the lack of flights and land distance from Vientiane means not arriving here until friday morning so it's less attractive

2) hire a driver to take me directly from PNM airport to Cambodia land crossing in koh kong, take domestic flight to bangkok from trat -- open to other cambodian land crossings, everyone just keeps saying avoid poi pet so yeah

3) fly to KL -> Penang and land border cross there (friend with denial stamp got through here recently with a SETV made in georgetown)

leaning towards 1, if it fails i'd get a flight to Savannakhet the next morning, then try and get an SETV and cross there

I would try 2 but driving through the Cambodian country side with a stranger in the middle of the night towards a shady border that I haven't been able to get much information on seems pretty sketchy, does anyone have recent'ish experience crossing Cambodian land borders?

14 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

leaning towards 1, if it fails i'd get a flight to Savannakhet the next morning, then try and get an SETV and cross there

I would try 2 but driving through the Cambodian country side with a stranger in the middle of the night towards a shady border that I haven't been able to get much information on seems pretty sketchy, does anyone have recent'ish experience crossing Cambodian land borders?

Why not just stay in PP for a day/month? Or get on a bus the next day/week?

It's only $5 to the centre of PP then $10-15 for a room for the night.

Why so desperate to return to Bangkok immediately?

PS.

I went from Vietnam (HCMC) to Cambodia (PP) on a bus around 10 days back, cost $10.

Nobody cared about me at the border, they just wanted the $30 tourist VISA fee.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

Was it a girl with braces and an old short lady who spoke no English?  I was recenty denied entry at Suvarnabhumi from these people as well even tho I came with a fresh new Tourist visa from bali (my 5th TR and I have never been to the same counsalate twice so that means I am actually traveling to new countries),  my itinerary to Singapore in 60 days, 20K cash, they didn't care and kept saying to me "I am in thailand more than 180 days and I didn't go back home yet!" "Klab baan laew! Pid laew!" Lol.

I flew from BKK-VTE the next morning and hauled a taxi to Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge for 500 Baht and crossed into Nong Khai with him seeing my denial stamp and asked me "Tourist Visa?" And I said Yes and he stamped me in with no problem. He didnt even ask me to show 20K Baht even though I was ready to show it. I wish I could have asked him what he thinks about why I got denied entry at Suvarnabhumi only to come here the next day and let in easily...

No point in using Airports anymore when I can easily use the train to Laos and get a Tourist visa and fly in domestically with no more problems.

IMG_6336.thumb.JPG.cc859ac23cbe2a606e754b0ea8afe7c9.JPG

Edited by acenase
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SEtonal said:

With the Thailand Elite visa, a single 1-day overstay is most likely problem, but a 14-day overstay is problematic.  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1086957-elite-visa-after-overstay/?tab=comments#comment-13895656

I meant to say that, "a single 1-day overstay is most likely NOT a problem, but a 14-day overstay is problematic."

I'm planning on going to Poipet this weekend to get my 90 day stamp for my Non-O based on marriage. Last time Thai immigration forced me to stay overnight in Cambodia. I hope I don't have any issues. 

These rules seem to change on a weekly basis.

5 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

I'm planning on going to Poipet this weekend to get my 90 day stamp for my Non-O based on marriage. Last time Thai immigration forced me to stay overnight in Cambodia. I hope I don't have any issues. 

These rules seem to change on a weekly basis.

They will probably have you do the same thing again.

Go to a different crossing. Ban Laem south of there is better.

From Bangkok the Ban Phu Crossing in Kanchanaburi to is closer and better. Only 960 baht for the crossing and border pass. No full page visa sticker done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do they have mini vans that go there? My plan was to take a minivan from Ekkamai in Bangkok to Aranyaprathet.

They will probably have you do the same thing again.
Go to a different crossing. Ban Laem south of there is better.
From Bangkok the Ban Phu Crossing in Kanchanaburi to is closer and better. Only 960 baht for the crossing and border pass. No full page visa sticker done.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

33 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

Do they have mini vans that go there? My plan was to take a minivan from Ekkamai in Bangkok to Aranyaprathet.

You would have to take a bus or van to Kanchanaburi and then local transport to the crossing.

If interested this company makes runs to there for 2000 baht all inclusive. https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

I am having a lot of trouble understanding the thought processes here - you have been denied entry, you had a previous 14 day overstay, they believe you are not here travelling, but have some other motive, and when you get your passport back, it is distictly possible that you will have a ban that precludes entry for some time.

AND NOW, you are contemplating attempting to flout the regulations and try to get back in by some other entry point.

If it happens that you have an entry ban, and you try to re-enter, you might just end up multiplying any ban by several years, or perhaps doing time in an immigration detention centre again, or even worse.

You must NOT try to find ways around it, you need to look VERY carefully at the passport, and also ask if there is any ban, and next time, get a proper visa.

Work within the system, and you will be fine, but you apparently have not learned anything as a result of this latest round of problems - sorry if that sounds unpleasant, but honestly, you have brought this on yourself.

Good luck, but please do listen and learn.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

OP

I am going to assume that some time in your childhood your parents dropped you on your head and then beat you.

You just flew into BKK and got into difficulty now you want to fly in again "vientenne via DMK" because you are in too much of a hurry.

It was being in too much of a hurry that caused your issues in the first place.

Are you that thick or dense that you can not understand that doing the same thing will get the same results.

Out of everything people here have said there is only one real option and that is to go to Savankhet and enjoy a few days there.

Or please fly into DMK and spend some time in the detention holding are there JUST DO NOT WHINE TO US.

connecting flights via DMK do not interact with immigration at all, i'll admit it's a bit obnoxious but close to 0 risk

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why not just stay in PP for a day/month? Or get on a bus the next day/week?

It's only $5 to the centre of PP then $10-15 for a room for the night.

Why so desperate to return to Bangkok immediately?

PS.

I went from Vietnam (HCMC) to Cambodia (PP) on a bus around 10 days back, cost $10.

Nobody cared about me at the border, they just wanted the $30 tourist VISA fee.

I have my reasons for needing to return and not interested in taking a vacation or chilling on beaches atm.

Objectively speaking, what risks am I even taking by attempting to enter via land? Isn't worst case scenario I get denied and walk it off? Why you guys have your panties in such a knot?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, borderlesss said:

connecting flights via DMK do not interact with immigration at all, i'll admit it's a bit obnoxious but close to 0 risk

I flew PP to DMK to CNX with Air Asia earlier this week.

I was shown to DMK immigration in the 'pass to domestic' lane at DMK and can assure you it was DMK immigration who stamped me in before I boarded my domestic Air Asia flight to Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

Objectively speaking, what risks am I even taking by attempting to enter via land? Isn't worst case scenario I get denied and walk it off? Why you guys have your panties in such a knot?

At the Aranyaprathet/Poipet crossing, if Thai immigration refuse you entry you will need to pay a bribe to Poipet immigration to cancel your Cambodian exit stamp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greer said:

I am having a lot of trouble understanding the thought processes here - you have been denied entry, you had a previous 14 day overstay, they believe you are not here travelling, but have some other motive, and when you get your passport back, it is distictly possible that you will have a ban that precludes entry for some time.

AND NOW, you are contemplating attempting to flout the regulations and try to get back in by some other entry point.

If it happens that you have an entry ban, and you try to re-enter, you might just end up multiplying any ban by several years, or perhaps doing time in an immigration detention centre again, or even worse.

You must NOT try to find ways around it, you need to look VERY carefully at the passport, and also ask if there is any ban, and next time, get a proper visa.

Work within the system, and you will be fine, but you apparently have not learned anything as a result of this latest round of problems - sorry if that sounds unpleasant, but honestly, you have brought this on yourself.

Good luck, but please do listen and learn.

no ban in passport just a denial stamp, the IO told me I am only not allowed in _this time_ so there isnt any kind of ban going on

As I understand it, I'm allowed to enter thailand via land twice per calendar year visa exempt, what rules am I breaking by going directly to laos to cross via land? it might be a bit cheeky and some IO's may take offense and deny entry

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I flew PP to DMK to CNX with Air Asia earlier this week.

I was shown to DMK immigration in the 'pass to domestic' lane at DMK and can assure you it was DMK immigration who stamped me in before I boarded my domestic Air Asia flight to Chiang Mai.

Maybe you misunderstood before when i said "via DMK", i'd be going from phnom penh to DMK to vientiane, do you think that would have me crossing thai immigration at any point? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

no ban in passport just a denial stamp, the IO told me I am only not allowed in _this time_ so there isnt any kind of ban going on

As I understand it, I'm allowed to enter thailand via land twice per calendar year visa exempt, what rules am I breaking by going directly to laos to cross via land? it might be a bit cheeky and some IO's may take offense and deny entry

By land you should be ok with a visa and maybe even without.

Some posters don't know the difference between denied entry and deportation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yuiop said:

So another rejection based on a LIE 12(2)?

Another rejection by some IOs not following the LAW?

When will all this be brought to the attention of the international media?

Go ahead, get the international media involved.

I guarantee that within hours the amount of rejections for long stayers on tourist visas will go through the roof.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

Maybe you misunderstood before when i said "via DMK", i'd be going from phnom penh to DMK to vientiane, do you think that would have me crossing thai immigration at any point? 

Probably not if it's the same airline that issues boarding passes for all flights at 1st flight.

But when passing through KUL you have to pass through immigration on 50% of connecting flights.

And the same with many airports in China even if on the same carrier.

Not going through immigration at airports is very hit and miss.

Someone who runs a forum I belong to was banned from entering the Uk, when he boarded a flight from Iceland to Frankfurt (via a UK airport) they refused to let the plane land and it turned back to Iceland 1 hour into it's flight.

Then there was that Saudi girl who got hauled off a connecting flight Saudi/Bangkok/Australia and held at Bangkok.

So my only answer is, it's not guaranteed.

And at the moment I've got to ask 'Do you feel lucky punk' ............ well do you?

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Go ahead, get the international media involved.

I guarantee that within hours the amount of rejections for long stayers on tourist visas will go through the roof.

According to which Thai Law exactly?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, borderlesss said:

Why?  Becuase TITV - This Is ThaiVisa.   For every one person offering helpful advice, there will be 9 clueless idiots doing the opposite.

• Like 2