BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:46
thelovedone

TM 30 and Immigration Dept visit to residence

All I can say is, wow. Have to have a thai person there? For retirement? 

They're either not thinking, or don't want you here.

Do u you live in a condo? If yes ask the management to vouch for you... 

But this is getting ridiculous 😢

19 minutes ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

They're either not thinking, or don't want you here.

Maybe the comment  "dont want any falang here" is more appropriate

• Like 2

About 2-3 years ago in Surin/Buriram province we were all, registered, subjected to a home visit. Irrespective of what extension one had. We were also to provide two witnesses to provide proof of us living there and being of good character.

The OP isn't being picked on personally. Only fault I find in his story is that he paid the fine for the landlord not providing the TM 30. Not his problem and should have refused. Did the OP get a receipt for the fine?

if it happened to me and i lived in a condo, without knowing anyone , i would let the management office vouch for me living there, even if i hadnt communicated before, same in a moobahn, they have management too, hell security guards, just to get the visa and hell with nationalism.condo be easier, staff are more stagnate

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

About 2-3 years ago in Surin/Buriram province we were all, registered, subjected to a home visit. Irrespective of what extension one had. We were also to provide two witnesses to provide proof of us living there and being of good character.

The OP isn't being picked on personally. Only fault I find in his story is that he paid the fine for the landlord not providing the TM 30. Not his problem and should have refused. Did the OP get a receipt for the fine?

Thats not a typo...yes i was fined.....

This was my second day long visit to apply for a visa. After the previous visits application  not being processed. That was  due to required documentaion NOT being on the checklist ( a TM 30 and a map).

It was just easier to bite my tongue, apologize for the landlords error ,pay the fine and get on with the application there and then.

The alternative was another visa run out of Thailand and then start the process all over again

Edited by thelovedone
yes i did get a reciept for the fine, and no im not going to attempt to have it reimbursed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

This is not the first report of it being done when applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. It is something needed for the approval of the application at the division level not at the immigration office where it was applied for,

Not needed to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thelovedone said:

Division 1 Immigration BKK.

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

OP - Apologies if I missed it, but which Immigration Office was this?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is not the first report of it being done when applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok. It is something needed for the approval of the application at the division level not at the immigration office where it was applied for,

Not needed to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I believe there have been recent reports out of CW Immigration BKK of tenants being fined for failing to have TM30 receipts when going to do regular marriage or retirement extensions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

We were also to provide two witnesses to provide proof of us living there and being of good character.

When was 'being of good character' part of the VISA extension conditions?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When was 'being of good character' part of the VISA extension conditions?

When immigration decided to ask I suppose? And when was an home visit part of the Retirement Extension?

• Like 1