Pre-paid SIM advice needed

imp70

HI all,

I'll be visiting Bangkok for a week and would like to purchase a SIM for 4G data and expect to use quite a bit for video uploading/live streaming.  After reading through the detailed info on this forum, I *think* the best approach is to buy an AIS basic sim (49 baht) and then adding a data package like the 7-day 5 or 8GB.  Is that right?  Also, can I stack data by topping-up before the current data package is used up? The 'unlimited' speed-rated plans sounded ideal, but these no longer exist for new SIMs?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, you can stack up with AIS. That is one solution.

Though bear in mind that DTAC still have capped speed unlimited data packages with no slow down, even with new SIMs, under their Go No Limit banner.

For example, 

Go No Limit : Unlimited net 4Mbps max speed + free calls
Baht
Unlimited 4 Mbps
xphone-icon.png.pagespeed.ic.KaZ9VlOSCo.dtac 24Hrs
7 days

or

Go No Limit : Unlimited net 10Mbps max speed+free calls
Baht
Unlimited 10 Mbps
xphone-icon.png.pagespeed.ic.KaZ9VlOSCo.dtac 24Hrs
7 days

Thanks for the info KneeDeep.  I had no idea that DTAC still had true unlimited plans.  Can I add the No Limit plans to the basic DTAC SIM ?  Is there much difference between AIS and DTAC in terms of speed in main areas of Bangkok?

3 hours ago, imp70 said:

Thanks for the info KneeDeep.  I had no idea that DTAC still had true unlimited plans.  Can I add the No Limit plans to the basic DTAC SIM ?  Is there much difference between AIS and DTAC in terms of speed in main areas of Bangkok?

I actually wrote Go No Limit, though the Net No Limit codes may still work for new SIMs too.

What a strange questions.

To what else would you add the plans?

and secondly, if the speed is capped, there will be no difference in speed between networks. 

Archived