US tourist arrested over theft, damage to speedboat in Krabi

webfact

US tourist arrested over theft, damage to speedboat in Krabi

By The Nation

screenshot_9114.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An American tourist was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Tuesday night for allegedly stealing and damaging a speedboat belonging to an operator at Koh Phi Phi Lae in Krabi, police said.

Immigration police arrested Parker Wilson Bishop, 25, as he was about to leave the Kingdom. Immigration officers had been alerted to watch for him after the Krabi Court issued an arrest warrant against him on Tuesday.

Bishop was accused of stealing a speedboat from a pier at Loh Dalam Bay off Koh Phi Phi Lae on April 19. The boat was found the following morning about 15 kilometres away in front of Holiday Inn Hotel at Laem Tong Bay off Koh Phi Phi Don.

The boat was found to have engine damage, and the hull was also ruptured. The damages were estimated at about Bt350,000.

After the boat operator filed a complaint with the Koh Phi Phi police station, officers checked security-camera footage on both islands and learned the identity of Bishop.

Police said Bishop visited Koh Phi Phi Lae with five other friends before leaving the island alone on April 20. Police later learned that he checked into a hotel in Bangkok on April 21 and had not left the country, and so sought his arrest warrant and alerted all immigration checkpoints to arrest him.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368276

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-24

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ballsy move that....  

I wonder how much of the damage was pre-exisiting. This is going to cost him. 

So he stole a boat (against the law) costing the operator his living for a while. And you are only concerned with him being scammed out of a few baht.  

Definitely an idiot. Nicking a boat is pretty stupid for starters, but then obviously realising he was in trouble, left the island on Saturday, was in Bangkok Sunday and didn't think that it might be advisable if he really wanted to run away, to get out of the country immediately. Arrest warrant made five days after he nicked it, but he was still here. Not much sympathy for him from me, or from many other posters I suspect. As has been said before, You can't fix stupid.

16 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Definitely an idiot. Nicking a boat is pretty stupid for starters, but then obviously realising he was in trouble, left the island on Saturday, was in Bangkok Sunday and didn't think that it might be advisable if he really wanted to run away, to get out of the country immediately. Arrest warrant made five days after he nicked it, but he was still here. Not much sympathy for him from me, or from many other posters I suspect. As has been said before, You can't fix stupid.

Yup total stupid haha. He may have a higher education but my guess is a total hick ????????????????????????????

probably thought when he bought his air ticket he was going to some funpark in Florida called Thai land.

28 minutes ago, puukao said:

TATTOO....... Big Tattoo.......It's a super obvious sign of a moron.  Yea, whatever, maybe 0.0009% are OK, but I doubt it.

get mad at me all you want.....but do a cross-check in the database of super losers and lots of tattoos........99.9991 percent

I would put the damages at 2 million.  

thailand number 1 for idiot farangs.....number 1

Well the trouble with tattoos is that the ink migrates and accumulates in lymph nodes and perhaps this time has crossed the brain / blood barrier . If you have brightly coloured tattoos - the ink can contain rather delicious elements such as cadmium.

I have a suspicion the guy is in serious trouble. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ballsy move that....  

Hmm,..Pre-existing damage doesn't count, the moment he stole the boat he is responsible for everything happening to it and all damages he causes with it !!!!

45 minutes ago, puukao said:

TATTOO....... Big Tattoo.......It's a super obvious sign of a moron.  Yea, whatever, maybe 0.0009% d 

get mad at me all you want.....but do a cross-check in the database of super losers and lots of tattoos........99.9991 percent

i see tats and it's a big approach with caution

1 hour ago, puukao said:

TATTOO....... Big Tattoo.......It's a super obvious sign of a moron.  Yea, whatever, maybe 0.0009% are OK, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, puukao said:

"I would put the damages at 2 million.  "

Hey!  Let me sell you a speedboat!

2 hours ago, berybert said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ballsy move that....  

So he stole a boat (against the law) costing the operator his living for a while. And you are only concerned with him being scammed out of a few baht.  

If that's your take away after reading my post there are spare places in my Sons Class...  he's 5.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ballsy move that....  

Simple. Photograph everything before renting (or stealing!). No extra damage, no problem.  

1 hour ago, off road pat said:

Hmm,..Pre-existing damage doesn't count, the moment he stole the boat he is responsible for everything happening to it and all damages he causes with it !!!!

I agree...  someone is going to get a new boat. 

He's going to get shafted on this one - no one else to blame but himself, theft is theft. 

Clearly a sandwich short of a toolbox and most certainly not the sharpest tool in the picnic :tongue:

Complete idiot I agree unless (I have seen before he had actually paid for it in some way but didn't belong to him but to a Thai person ????)

Either way the tat bashing seems a little uncalled for! I know many ar$3holes with or without tattoos.

Archived