BANGKOK
webfact

US tourist arrested over theft, damage to speedboat in Krabi

Sounds like a smart guy!! I bet he was wearing a red hat when they caught him.

any proof he actually stole the boat?

haven't heard the other side yet.  did the operator rent out a broken down scow that only managed 15km....and tattoo man refused to pay the rental?

Chasing a guy around Thailand for a <deleted> jet ski incident,and cant even get that cowardly little red bull <deleted> back here for murdering a cop...says it all ...TIT.

OMG. Look at the state of it. Now if I was the police detective. 

1: what damage was done, the boat is a complete mess. Wow, could be an easy scam here to get it painted and fixed. 

2: I wonder who the owner is. Is it a Police highish officer or does the owner know someone.

3: it did not say so but the boat is in a possition toad up on the beach sand with the engine tilted up the way it should be. Did the owner take,it back to his berth before it was so called inspected by the police at the scene.

come on guys, get your no gins going, we all know what can be done. 

Looks like a repair been done on the top part of the bow. 

Nice B/S amount of damage done. 

Why was there no comments shown by the accused young guy.

we all know the wink wink possibilities that seem to be quite common down that part of Thailand. I bet Big Joke would have seen right through this. Surprised at some of you guys condemning the US guy. Am not saying he is not responsible or is responsible just that it needs some top Experienced cop from Bangkok to investigate,it, not the locals.

CCTV videos are not being shown. 

My oppinion, a setup. 100%

3 minutes ago, shaurene said:

OMG. Look at the state of it. Now if I was the police detective. 

1: what damage was done, the boat is a complete mess. Wow, could be an easy scam here to get it painted and fixed. 

2: I wonder who the owner is. Is it a Police highish officer or does the owner know someone.

3: it did not say so but the boat is in a possition toad up on the beach sand with the engine tilted up the way it should be. Did the owner take,it back to his berth before it was so called inspected by the police at the scene.

come on guys, get your no gins going, we all know what can be done. 

Looks like a repair been done on the top part of the bow. 

Nice B/S amount of damage done. 

Why was there no comments shown by the accused young guy.

we all know the wink wink possibilities that seem to be quite common down that part of Thailand. I bet Big Joke would have seen right through this. Surprised at some of you guys condemning the US guy. Am not saying he is not responsible or is responsible just that it needs some top Experienced cop from Bangkok to investigate,it, not the locals.

CCTV videos are not being shown. 

My oppinion, a setup. 100%

Well, it says he was caught on CCTV steeling the boat...  There has been no CCTV footage as yet (published by the media etc), but its fairly clear there is some and that it's damning.

On the face of it, it would appear that this guy has pretty much been caught red-handed. 

IF the CCTV footage does show him steeling the boat - unless the CCTV also shows pre-exisiting damage it doesn't matter what damage there was before hand, the US thief is going to get stung - perhaps rightly so. 

Bye bye idiot , or maybe not yet , if you can't pay Bangkok Hilton next. 

52 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I thought Koh Phi Phi Ley was closed down? 

Bad reporting on the part of The Nation.  I'm sure everyone with even a limited knowledge of Koh Phi Phi would know that Loh Dalum Bay is on Phi Phi Don!   

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hockeybik said:

More like a clear moron case.

Whoooooweeee no chit, where did this entitled little twerp come from in the US?

This one gonna cost mommy and daddy

No bail option for him!

Need settle all damages, bogus  claims, fines and jail sentence before going home.

1 hour ago, Andre Leonard said:

95% of these morons come for sex.

I was one of the other 5-percenters. I didn't come over for sex as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer in 1977.  But with the help of excellent Thai teachers and experienced volunteers, I got better.  Learned to lay low and bargain hard.  Worked for me until I married a Thai.  555.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I wonder what reason he had? Hardly likely it was a random thing. 

He couldn't afford the taxi fare to his hotel ?

• Haha 1