BANGKOK
sanemax

Relocating to Vietnam ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, drbeach said:

And like in Thailand, these mom and pop stores will eventually be driven out of business by the equivalent of 7-11 in Vietnam. Speaking of 7-11, I understand CP Thailand is interested in expanding into Vietnam. If they're successful it will be game over for many of the mom and pop shops over there.

The closest equivalent of 7-11 is VinMart, although they all close before midnight (as far as I know at least).

All prices clearly marked.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Wake Up said:

Never paid a single bribe to immigration and always do my extension of stay myself and mail my 90 day forms. No problem at all. Not rocket science and not a big deal. If you are leaving Thailand because of immigration “problems” something is wrong with you or you are broke. 

lucky you, but that is not the norm

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 10:02 PM, JimmyJ said:

The closest equivalent of 7-11 is VinMart, although they all close before midnight (as far as I know at least).

All prices clearly marked.

There is also Family Mart in Vietnam. As I said, CP's 7-11 is likely to enter Vietnam soon. They've already entered Myanmar and Laos is on the agenda too.

I wish I had the luxury to think about relocating to Vietnam, Thailand or elsewhere.

I can only hope that Bali does open Sep 11th as they say, so I can finally go somewhere. I have already accepted that Thailand will be closed for me until there is a vaccine. If not, maybe closed for years. Vietnam talked about eVisas for July, seems that did not happen. Would not except them to open at all, same as Thailand.

if push comes to shove find a local and cross the street with them...just stay close and do what they do...rule 1 is slow and steady, do not make any quick moves and the bikes will go around you.