BANGKOK
sanemax

Relocating to Vietnam ?

19 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

just returned from da nang, never saw one accident, in short, i have to think your post is bs to the max.

There you go , a photo taken of a motorcycle accident last week in Danang

DSCF3658.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There you go , a photo taken of a motorcycle accident last week in Danang

Saigon is a very cosmopolitan city. There you go a photo of a cosmopolitan friend in Saigon.

20180128_075355.thumb.jpg.21dad5ec6e21e5b01184af6f58be2c03.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Saigon is a very cosmopolitan city. There you go a photo of a cosmopolitan friend in Saigon.

20180128_075355.thumb.jpg.21dad5ec6e21e5b01184af6f58be2c03.jpg

Looks like she could give Miss Whiplash a run for her honey  image.png.a311891caa6dfb97657b0567b63a04ce.png

5 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Next time in Hanoi I would look for a hotel near the lake where traffic and noises are lesser and it would be easier to find a large supermarket

Check the area around St Joseph's. It's 5 minutes walk west of the lake and plenty going on around there at night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

road fatalities in Vietnam is about 24 Thailand 36

Is that per hour, per day or per month?

Yeah the motorcycle driving patterns in Vietnam are not very pleasant to deal with, but other than that is is a very attractive country.

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Is that per hour, per day or per month?

Yeah the motorcycle driving patterns in Vietnam are not very pleasant to deal with, but other than that is is a very attractive country.

can you add the girls

Just now, ballpoint said:

I've been travelling to Vietnam for work and pleasure fairly regularly since the late 80's, and did an extended assignment there from 2006 - 2010, where I alternated 4 weeks working in VungTau and 4 weeks home in Thailand for 3 years, followed by the same in HCMC for 2.  Since then I've worked a week or 2 there every 2 - 3 months.  It's a nice place for a holiday, and I enjoyed travelling there for work, but I wouldn't want to live there full time.  The infrastructure is far poorer than Thailand, and these days many Thai provincial cities are better equipped for "western living" than even HCMC is.  Of course, some may find that a benefit, but anyone making a decision on where to relocate to based on a short holiday needs to take a step back and reconsider their decision.  (And that goes for anywhere, not just Vietnam).

This is really true and you can add places like Da Nang, Hoi An etc....really lovely for a couple of days but what are you going to do after that? Most people I know love the break from HCM but realize that the stay in the outer areas is a break and not a great place for many people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

DSCF3634.JPG

The hat and pouty lips remind me of Maria Schneider (gone too soon...) in "Last Tango in Paris."  A second career as fashion photographer or a portraiturist awaits (if it wasn't your first already.) Basically the ability to evoke beauty from just a few essentials (white skin, red lips, hat strategically adorned...) Something a man can hang up in his living room and fantasize - without invoking the wife's wrath...

Re eye contact when crossing the street in VN, I remember several instances I had to do that with (mostly) VNmese (car)drivers when crossing the streets in Little Saigon, California. Their eye contact means something else, an acknowledgement that you, the one on foot, realize the impact of metal upon flesh, therefore that tactic of a second is the time allotted you (in my case as a visitor) to literally jump out of the path of a coming car, no matter I was stepping inside the zebra markings of a pedestrian crosswalk. Then I started noticing something else, the local papers would post one or two pedestrian fatalities every other day. Usually it involved a senior, probably someone who was too slow or too weak to save themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IraqRon said:

just returned from da nang, hoi an, wei, and sai gon. in d a, did not see any grotty rest., plenty of convenience stores, atms, no motor cycles driving wrong way, just walk and they miss you. never saw one accident, but yes they park on sidewalks, as do thais.  wide streets clean, lots of roundabouts where traffic flows , not like thailand.  hotels cleaner, better fitted and serviced than thai ones in same price range.  in hoi an, of course lots of tourist, many of which were viet and chinese.  in short, i have to think your post is bs to the max.

coming from Iraq anything would be a major improvement. You sure you were in Vietnam? Thats the total opposite of my experience

• Like 1