BANGKOK
sanemax

Relocating to Vietnam ?

18 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I am thinking too to move away from Thailand after very many years. Has nothing to do with the immigration. I live in Central Pattaya and I am tired of living in the middle of a red light district. More and more often empty but still pretty noisy bars open everywhere. Almost impossible to use my condo because of the noise. I lived some years in Malaysia, some years on the Philippines and some years in Vietnam. All of them have good and bad things of course. Not easy to decide for one. Often I think Malaysia might be the best choice if you want to have a quiet life.

I can appreciate your feelings about the central district of Pattaya.  I just moved to Pattaya from Chiang Mai and agree it is horrible when it comes to all the red-light craziness, BUT Pattaya has a lot of different districts and neighborhoods that vary tremendously in those regards. 

I live in Pratumnak and love it!  It's about as far removed from that dodgy nonsense as you can get, and it's only a few kilometers away.  Jomtien is also pretty laid back.  If dealing with all the nonsense of IMM isn't a concern for you, maybe you should simply explore different neighborhoods in the area.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes in his situation he could simply move to Cha aam..

Cha Am is a very nice place with an endless beach. But I need a good shopping intrastructure. I have been living in Asia for about 30 years now and I traveled a lot. I stayed on Patong Beach more than a year, on Koh Samui about one year, in Bangkok very long, Hua Hin, etc. In the end you almost everywhere where you have tourists you meet the Hello Sexy Man business. I can't stand it anymore 😉

On 4/24/2019 at 3:02 PM, Jingthing said:

For me as the OP, it's the motorcycles.  I just can't deal with that. 

It seems that the OP's only reason to move to Vietnam would be cheaper beer! The motorbikes there are of much lower quality and even when you buy a brand new Honda, you couldn't sell if for the half price not long after the purchase.

18 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

It seems that the OP's only reason to move to Vietnam would be cheaper beer! The motorbikes there are of much lower quality and even when you buy a brand new Honda, you couldn't sell if for the half price not long after the purchase.

No offense to any big-bike riders but I don't understand the reason some of them like riding around intentionally making noise in densely populated urban settings that's loud enough to do damage to pedestrian's eardrums! And that is no exaggeration! To say the least it's incredibly offensive and just plain rude!  It should be a criminal offense IMO since it's the very definition of disturbing the peace.

Edited by WaveHunter

7 hours ago, Cadbury said:

She is about as Vietnamese as I am. Illegal Cambodian hooker jumped the border more like it.

Here are two photos of a Vietnamese woman to help you recognise one when you see one. 

x.JPG

y (2).jpg

The only point of differentiation of Vietnamese women I was able to detect while there is they seem to have stockier bodies than Thais.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The only point of differentiation of Vietnamese women I was able to detect while there is they seem to have stockier bodies than Thais.

Are bums good? Bums and legs are a major selling point for me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Are bums good? Bums and legs are a major selling point for me.

They are not as exposed as in Thailand, so it's difficult to tell. If you are a bum man, I have to say those I saw in Yangon on the Burmese women ( with a fair infusion of Indian genes ) would possibly have you swooning in anticipation. IMHO a fully clothed Burmese bum is much sexier than the somewhat more visible Thai version.

My jaw dropped quite frequently when they were walking away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:32 PM, Kwasaki said:

How about Laos. ?

Sanemax....

75-80% of road fatalities annually in thailand are motorcyclists...

Yes, there are millions of motorbikes but If you walk briskly across the road, do not hesitate once started they are used to it & you will be fine.
Food in Ho Chi very good.
What are the long term resident requirements ?
That theory is scary. Walking directly into the path of danger fully expecting that game of chicken [emoji215] will end in your favor. Since expats there are the same as here wich means zero insurance

No thanks

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

$300-$500 a year depending on your nationality, working and marital status.

Americans married to locals can do it cheaper.

How about foodcourts concept in shopping Malls does that exist in Vietnam?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

How about foodcourts concept in shopping Malls does that exist in Vietnam?

Don't know, I don't go to shopping malls.

Yes, looks like she's been sitting there all day. Wouldn't touch her.