100 swept up in post-gang fight raid on Pattaya Beach

webfact

100 swept up in post-gang fight raid on Pattaya Beach

By Boonlua Chatree

n4-A-22-07-Police.jpg  

Police swept up street thugs and prostitutes after gangs brawled on Pattaya Beach.

About 100 Pattaya, Tourist and Immigration police officers, soldiers and volunteers blanketed the Pattaya shoreline April 22 to restore order after four gang-bangers left one dead and three bleeding in the street the day before, causing panic among tourists.

Chonburi’s police chief Pol. Maj. Gen. Nantachart Suppamongkol ordered a major crackdown on the Pattaya promenade, where female and transvestite prostitutes work largely unfettered, often overseen by pimps and street thugs.

The beach also has become a place for youth gangs to congregate and drink alcohol, which was the case when a rival gang started trouble April 21. Knives and clubs flew with two gang members on each side ending up in the hospital. One later died.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/100-swept-up-in-post-gang-fight-raid-on-pattaya-beach-253268

pm.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2019-04-24

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

400 billion baht of taxpayers' money squandered so so yaabaa'd up little thugs can have a bundle on the beach.

I would never bring my family to Pattaya, nor would I recommend anyone else to. 

You just spoiled my holiday thanks

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If you have a police force AND an army, why do you need volunteers?

If Thailand had a functioning Police Force there would be no crime, no road carnage, no prostitution, no lots of things, If ONLY

15 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I would never bring my family to Pattaya, nor would I recommend anyone else to. 

It's actually not bad in the daytime if you avoid the sleezy small sois and bars. Nice restaurants and nice shops to choose from. 

Wow i'm shocked. There was a rumble on the beach or in a parking lot or outside a pub. This happens in somewhere in every city everyday. Amazing how quickly the Thai bashing and Pattaya bashing flares up!

No reports of tourists injured, horrified, stating they will never come back or ex-pats saying they are moving because of this.

17 hours ago, Kim J said:

Look at us. Look at what a good job we are doing making Pattaya a safe family friendly destination.

Unfortunately I dare say they will not have traced and arrested any of the miscreants involved in the previous nights fracas that prompted this latest stunt, because to do that would involve actual real police work.

I wonder if the police have a "Gang Unit", "Gang Suppression Unit", or a "Gang Taskforce". Perhaps they have a gang member database, dedicated officers who work on gang related actvities, gang member dosiers and proactive surveilance on these thugs and thugettes.

If they do, it may be an illusion as is often the case here. I await the next  collective photo op.

My daughter, grand-daughter and daughter's man friend will visit Thailand in June. They will be warned about the thugs, boys, men and near men who pose a danger to them in Walking Street and the sidewalk along beach road. Thanks to our "police" for doing nothing to clean up these scum.

44 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

My daughter, grand-daughter and daughter's man friend will visit Thailand in June. They will be warned about the thugs, boys, men and near men who pose a danger to them in Walking Street and the sidewalk along beach road. Thanks to our "police" for doing nothing to clean up these scum.

So, just how are you going to explain to them your living here?

23 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

That's not a family friendly resort  ????

Pattaya has NEVER been a family friendly resort! 

It was conceived, or grew up as a rest stop for US troops. It has always been  (and has never been anything else) other than one giant bar and brothel!

21 hours ago, Kim J said:

Look at us. Look at what a good job we are doing making Pattaya a safe family friendly destination.

Unfortunately I dare say they will not have traced and arrested any of the miscreants involved in the previous nights fracas that prompted this latest stunt, because to do that would involve actual real police work.

But it was easy rounding up the hookers

Archived