BANGKOK 23 May 2019 01:47
webfact

Joint forces raid 18 foreign-owned Koh Samui hotels for operating without licences

Posted (edited)

They need to check out Had Salad and Had Yao on Koh Phangan as well - it's looking more like the French Riviera every day! These are mostly houses available on AirBnB.

Was there not a report a year or two back that stated AirBnB is illegal in Thailand?

Found it...

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kotsak said:

Right, blame the foreigners.. the local nominees are innocent.

Change "guilty" and "innocent" to "smart" and "dumb - all flavoured with a touch of "greedy"

Only 18 ?? The whole of chaweng noi is basically for rent !!

Hard to find a property nowadays over 30 million that the owner actually lives in I imagine on samui and odd they do this now and again in various areas meanwhile there are loads of businesses and beachfront places that are certainly not there as a money making venture but they cost a fortune to build !!🤔

Did the local Macro run out of brown envelopes?

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure in the past I've seen adverts for foreign Food & Beverage managers, offering a work permit.

I didn't realise it was a 'reserved occupation'?

Read again. They were arrested for running a hotel without a license. Nothing to do with being F&B managers. Having said that, when are they going to even things up and arrest Thais who are running hotels there without a license. I'd guess there are far more of them. And, as someone else posted, the Thai nominees in this case. Hmm?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Danny286 said:

Typical Farangs. Never fails to amaze and then later they go and whine about how Thailand is so unwelcoming and hostile towards their privileged white asses.

This is very common across all the islands and some parts of mainland in Thailand. So many fat white guys are co-owner of every other building and turned it into hotels for other fat white guys or backpacking beggers. Some even marry innocent Thai women just to stay here and do their filthy business. Thai people are just loosing their homes and opportunities to them. It's their country. They should get the money from tourism in their country.

Troll alert

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Can we have pictorial evidence that there are so many 'Fat White Guys' secretly running business's in Thailand please.

Just one other small thing.....I have yet to meet an 'innocent' Thai Woman in the twelve years i have lived here !!

Really!!! Danny286's wife has a Masters and PHD from Chulalonghorn...... of course and he looks like Adonis

• Haha 2

"Army officers, police and district officials"

2 guys could do all that.