BANGKOK 23 May 2019 02:44
webfact

Joint forces raid 18 foreign-owned Koh Samui hotels for operating without licences

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Up to 4 rooms and 20 sleeps you don't need a hotel license. That's clarified in thailands hotel act.

So I would question if even that is real...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

They have actually changed that and you do require hotel license .

problem is not only they do not issue it and if they do it takes 3-4 years to get one but requirements are impossible to meet unless you applying to build a new hotel and plans are for hotel

20 hours ago, kotsak said:

Right, blame the foreigners.. the local nominees are innocent.

They usually are. Most are not aware that they are nominees.

They have actually changed that and you do require hotel license .

problem is not only they do not issue it and if they do it takes 3-4 years to get one but requirements are impossible to meet unless you applying to build a new hotel and plans are for hotel

The local land office just told me that we don't need one. We just have to register it as a small business with the local orbortor?

I don't see anything changed in the hotel act.

You got any link or something? Are they just locally making shit up again maybe?

The nominee shareholder thing is a minefield.

Foreigners cannot own more that 49% of a business. You have to have Thai shareholders. I want my business to be run by my staff. Unfortunately they cannot raise the '4 million baht' that is required therefore, according to many, they are just nominee shareholders working for a fat farang. The only way that I can find to hand the business over to them is to set up a new company. I am not a shareholder nor a director, and yet they could still be classed as nominees as they have very little capital!

TIT

The nominee shareholder thing is a minefield.

Foreigners cannot own more that 49% of a business. You have to have Thai shareholders. I want my business to be run by my staff. Unfortunately they cannot raise the '4 million baht' that is required therefore, according to many, they are just nominee shareholders working for a fat farang. The only way that I can find to hand the business over to them is to set up a new company. I am not a shareholder nor a director, and yet they could still be classed as nominees as they have very little capital!

TIT
It's absolutely normal that investment money isn't equal in a company.

That's the whole reason venture capital/private equity funds exist and has absolutely nothing todo with nominee structures. Company founders are pretty much never the ones who put in all the money...

This is some stuff made up by weirdos in here and not reality.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:47 AM, kotsak said:

Right, blame the foreigners.. the local nominees are innocent.

Yes they are...  they're dupes. Often getting stuck with liabilities running their economic lives. 

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Yes they are...  they're dupes. Often getting stuck with liabilities running their economic lives. 

dupes?

How does that work? Do you mean they've signed forms which they don't understand? If so, why would they do that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The local land office just told me that we don't need one. We just have to register it as a small business with the local orbortor?

I don't see anything changed in the hotel act.

You got any link or something? Are they just locally making shit up again maybe?

Your land office told you incorrect information. Thousands have been already raided and arrested, including myself.

It is also not land office that issues licenses or knows what is required by law, but amphurs

Local amphurs continue to issue room for rent license being well aware it is not legal any longer.

Hotel act was amended, so was the building codes, i donot have link but have a few threads running with detailed information, give me a sec, will try to find some older threads

ThamasthBKK, sorry bud, can not find the topics, but its definitely there

Amphur/Land office is same building at that place, as it's a small island.

Building permit of the guesthouses was for a hotel - so got the whole checks (without brown envelopes).

Business is registered as a hotel at the local Amphur aka Land Office aka whatever the <deleted> else they do there.

They said they  they will check in person after built is complete and then say if its ok, but it won't need a full hotel license.

it does however, comply with every bit of the hotel act/building codes/zoning laws/healthdepartment crap etc.

I don't see any update on the hotel act after 2016 anywhere online tho...

guess  there's only so much you can do here and the rest is lottery 

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Amphur/Land office is same building at that place, as it's a small island.

Building permit of the guesthouses was for a hotel - so got the whole checks (without brown envelopes).

Business is registered as a hotel at the local Amphur aka Land Office aka whatever the <deleted> else they do there.

They said they  they will check in person after built is complete and then say if its ok, but it won't need a full hotel license.

it does however, comply with every bit of the hotel act/building codes/zoning laws/healthdepartment crap etc.

I don't see any update on the hotel act after 2016 anywhere online tho...

guess  there's only so much you can do here and the rest is lottery 

In case you had explained then all is ok, just need to wait. for most others buildings were not built as hotels, so its impossible 

In case you had explained then all is ok, just need to wait. for most others buildings were not built as hotels, so its impossible 
Thanks for ur opinion. Let's see, i am sure some bullshit will come up sooner or later and thats why i don't have a share in that business at all...

Just trying to help thai gf where i can to structure it all ok.

Wouldn't be surprised if they blacklist people and void their visas for bs reasons like not having a hotel license for a single guesthouse... Too much risk for me.

Just now, ThomasThBKK said:

Thanks for ur opinion. Let's see, i am sure some bullshit will come up sooner or later and thats why i don't have a share in that business at all...

Just trying to help thai gf where i can to structure it all ok.

Wouldn't be surprised if they blacklist people and void their visas for bs reasons like not having a hotel license for a single guesthouse... Too much risk for me.

Nah, no blacklist, only a few nights in jail then to court, then bail, and then wait if prosecutors will file a case.

Saying that, because the arrest immigration does get notified and while getting a visa is not a problem, extending one is, as immigration wants a letter from the courts saying you all cleared, but courts can not provide this letter as prosecutors have not filed a case

In the mean time, you stay in limbo and wait for unknown.

Love thai legal system 🙂

Really...i don't understand what we still doing in this country..?!

Been here 20 years got a daughter brought in this land millions and millions bath...and still be treated less then dogs.

Wake up guys...have some pride...

• Like 2