BANGKOK 25 June 2019 20:30
Jonathan Fairfield

Why the Chinese are infinitely more important than Western tourists to Thailand

19 hours ago, Enki said:

Considering that many Thai are actually of Chinese decent (recently, not 1000 years ago) Mandarin is already prominent. Considering that most Thai speak 3 or 4 languages, your post makes no sense anyway.

For the very few who still speak some Chinese language, it will rather be Teochew or another Southern Chinese language, not Mandarin.

19 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Aren't those Hong Kongers? Born when it was still a British colony?

There are popular culture references, sure, but banned in China, I quite like this one:

_96969502_78b75efc-37fe-449f-944e-0fa308

Not banned in China.

Neither is the letter 'n' as was reported in the ludicrous western press where you obviously get all your information.

Hong Kong people are Chinese. I don't think Fatty Pang fathered any of them.

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah because source code should not be documented thoroughly in english right, yeez...and because documentation from. Pretty much every software project is not in English....

Same for engineering, it's english. Thai engineers document in English, Germans do, French do, Indians anyway - it is and will be English and nothing else.

We are just saying most Chinese don't speak English in China and just because your Western Hotel chain does, doesn't mean chinese are proficient in English....

Not sure what you can't understand there.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Source code is usually documented in the language of the programmer ... it does not make any sense to use a foreign language to describe "... die Geschäftslogik der Netzbetreiber bezüglich Reserveenergie und Ausgleichsenergie speziell, wenn es um Bilanzkreise geht, und Ausgleichsenergie ein rein mathematisches Konstrukt ist ...". 

Good luck to get an english translation for that, which a spanish, german, polish or indian programmer understands. I bet a month wage you can not even find an english translation: you can understand.  

> Same for engineering, it's english.

No it isn't. Engineering documents are always first in the language it is aimed for. Why the funk would a german write an engineering document in english when he never intends to work on it internationally? French ... hahaha ...

BTW: pretending you are either an engineer or a programmer when you clearly are not makes no sense ... just saying.

23 hours ago, Sealbash said:

Right. The Brits can take the credit for Singapore’s successes

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Successful defense against Japan?

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

LOL absolute and unadulterated nonsense.

Nonsense? You seem to be not very well educated.

My wife speaks "high Thai", "Isaan Dialect" (which is its own language), Lao and English. My ex GF speaks Chinese, "high Thai", English, Lao and "northern Thai Dialect" (which is considered its own language).

Basically every Thai speaks "high Thai", his local language and the neighbouring countries language, may it be Cambodia, Burma or Laos.

That means: nearly every Thai already speaks 2 or 3 languages ... if they speak english or chinese, or even both it is 1 or 2 more languages ... (and in my wifes family: everyone at least speaks 2 or 3 languages)

How many do you speak? I have to admit my Thai is poor and I only speak german and english fluently, and can not even speak my local german dialect (which is not considered its own language, in case you wonder) However I can read and understand French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese 😛

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It was your post that I replied to. So unless someone else is using your account I don't think so.

Hm, then your post makes no sense to me. What did you actually want to point out?

3 hours ago, Karlsson said:

I do not understand Why People here care so much ? What do i care what other Tourists spend in their Holidays and where they come from.

Then why are you posting so much on the topic?

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Then why are you posting so much on the topic?

i posted 2 posts after eachother and one response to somebody that responded to me. i just felt disgust with the Attitudes of many here, like on most threads here actually

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

Not banned in China.

Neither is the letter 'n' as was reported in the ludicrous western press where you obviously get all your information.

Yeah I should read The Communist Party newsletter instead of BBC. https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

One blue pill, please.

This really doesn't bother me other than the reality that I have to travel around with people who are likely to drop trousers and take a dump anywhere or anytime. Once in Thailand the Thais are willing to treat all visitors on a scale with their likelihood to hand over their Baht. If I don't like the way I'm regarded or treated in Thailand their are a lot of other places I find attractive in the world. No one is forcing me to be here.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, DrTuner said:

Yeah I should read The Communist Party newsletter instead of BBC. https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

One blue pill, please.

Hahahha!! The BBC, the left leaning UK Government mouthpiece equally as guilty of propaganda as the CPCC.

Quote me CNN or Fox and really split my sides.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chama said:

This really doesn't bother me other than the reality that I have to travel around with people who are likely to drop trousers and take a dump anywhere or anytime.

This is restricted to Chinese people is it?

Because I've been married to one for 12 years and lived in China for all that time and the only people I've seen defecating outside a toilet have been under 2 years old. The Chinese tend not to let their children sit in their own filth for hours at a time. It's a matter of health you see? Either let the kid go, and wrap it and dispose of it or clog the sewers and let your kid sit in an ammonia soaked loin cloth until they develop open sores. Cutely called nappy rash.

Do share your experiences instead of your prejudices.

Edited by Traubert
  • Like 1