BANGKOK 22 July 2019 15:37
Jonathan Fairfield

Why the Chinese are infinitely more important than Western tourists to Thailand

Posted (edited)

I highly question these daily spending numbers.  Are they based on supposed full retail provided by the tour companies? So we are to believe that almost all regions and those including the Africans and Indians are outspending the Westerns tourists. OP please provide the source of data as well as how it is calculated or your numbers are bogus... and who is Dan Cheeseman and what are your credentials?

Edited by tlandtday

I dont give a <deleted> dam, WHY ? cos i just bought my 1 way ticked back to my birth place LIVERPOOL !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Another humbling graphic (only 20 years away):

54c2c4aa-c0fb-4303-8edb-8d6d744ed2b9.jpg

Yes and it is possible when you have a bunch of idiots trying to take down their own President while the Chinese march onward in unison. 

• Like 1

So , looking into my crystal ball I see that Dan will sell TV to some Chinese entrepreneur who will then make Chinese the accepted language for the forum. After that the only English posts will be from the same trolls that now post silly threads in Chinese and Korean.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I highly question these daily spending numbers.  Are they based on supposed full retail provided by the tour companies? So we are to believe that almost all regions and those including the Africans and Indians are outspending the Westerns tourists. OP please provide the source of data as well as how it is calculated or your numbers are bogus... and who is Dan Cheeseman and what are your credentials?

This is what the bar graph looks like when money spent on bar-girls and check-bin tips are taken into account. 😀

dfgdd.png.67d818e5caeac52480fd561b347a2b9b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

I would estimate the chances of your average western expat exchanging bodily fluids with a hiso Chinese are somewhere south of zero !

Me on the other hand …..

Chinese women are very picky, if not for your wallet then by your looks. And they are very sophisticated at their scams. I had to deal with some at work. They are always trying to find a way to go after the insurance companies. 

Chinese women are very picky, if not for your wallet then by your looks. And they are very sophisticated at their scams. I had to deal with some at work. They are always trying to find a way to go after the insurance companies. 
Yeah because they can be. They killed most girls during the 1 child policy.

No country has more men/women imbalance than china...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Just take it from me I knock em bandy !

Seems the Chinese folks disagree with that with u..

Perhaps its a question of poor body hygiene but now i just guessing.  

18 minutes ago, Traubert said:

You're absolutely right. It's all nonsense.

Now back into bed with you. Nurse!! He's out of bed again.

Check the most respected polling company in the world, Nielsen.  But even if they are wrong by 100% how much are 80 million Chinese going to spend in 2030? 

45 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I think they understand 80 million times 6000 baht per day by 2030 and a much higher GDP than any 3 countries in the West.  Multiply 80 million times 60,000 baht and tell me what percent of that total is expat expenditure. 

……….or not

I agree with the report actually. But, Thailand is stupid to shun westerners IMO. You never know what is going to happen and how markets are going to change. This kind of mentality never ends well.

Anyone ever spending much time in Thailand knows it is a horribly polluted country. And a 3rd rate retirement and tourist destination at best.

It is only good for one thing... haha.  And that is it basically.

I agree with others here that say the Chinese, Indians don't know any better. They are first timers. And they will drive the economy in Thailand. But, what westerner in his right mind would want to be in that environment..!

• Like 1

So is Thailand breaking up with me...''I have been waiting for an all Chinese gogo for years''....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Lets face it...the Chinese are on the move...strong economy and growing middle class...strong military and currency...they are poised to dominate the world...and to that end they have been quietly cultivating relationships across Asia, Africa, and South America...promising people jobs to help them remove their country's natural resources...

They have modern infrastructure and technology...they are patiently creating their new Chinese empire...

Would be interesting if it wasn't plain wrong

The Chinese economy has been slowing for some time internationally and internally - Trump holds at least one of their nuts in a vice and the Chinese are in full stimulus mode !

4 minutes ago, mok199 said:

So is Thailand breaking up with me...''I have been waiting for an all Chinese gogo for years''....

Business idea ?