BANGKOK 18 June 2019 04:17
Jonathan Fairfield

Why the Chinese are infinitely more important than Western tourists to Thailand

How about they provide us with a break down of that USD 192 a day spend... is that including hotels??

11 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Will this lead to Manadrin becoming the prefered 2nd language in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm sure the thais will have no problem at all learning the most difficult language in the world.🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

When riding on the skytrain it seems to me I hear more Mandarin being spoken than Thai these days, particularly between Siam and From Phong stations. Very sad.

Also, the Chinese don't go building those pesky "Seasteading" thingies all over the open waters, right?  

13 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

But, seriously, I walk by King Power on Soi Rangam, which is Chinese tourists ground 0, every day and some of their women are majorly bangable.

Are you a ghost writer for Barbara Cartland ?

• Haha 1

From what I saw in cm the tour operators love them and scooter rental people.7/11 love them too.but bar owners do  not get much a slice of their money.not sure if all Thais like them

27 minutes ago, charmonman said:

When riding on the skytrain it seems to me I hear more Mandarin being spoken than Thai these days,

When I was on it last week I particularly noticed the large groups of Chinese jabbering away 15 to the dozen during the entire trip. Very irritating people.

At least Thais dont jabber: they just bury their noses in their phones which is fairly harmless.

14 hours ago, Kasane said:

Well, that's another nail in the coffin for low income, bar stool dwellers, old farangs whose days of faking income through false affidavits is coming to a close as Thailand understands that the Chinese are actually bringing in more wealth than the Western expats who have already been priced out of their countries.

I find it amazing just how easy it has become to insult the pioneers.

This is from whence comes the expression, the tail wagging the dog.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Will this lead to Manadrin becoming the prefered 2nd language in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's probably the other way around... the chinesification is already if full swing for years. After implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) this will become the next Chinese province. Then they will follow the LKY strategy to gain full dominance of over the native population.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 2

Probably time to invest in some ear plugs. I can't stand being around them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kasane said:

Well, that's another nail in the coffin for low income, bar stool dwellers, old farangs whose days of faking income through false affidavits is coming to a close as Thailand understands that the Chinese are actually bringing in more wealth than the Western expats who have already been priced out of their countries.

Shall we all just **** off and leave these racist thais to their own devices. We already know they want our money and not us. Chinese arnt much better than animals. Ive seen at breakfast raising a leg and fart. They stand next to each other and shout. When there is a buffet like at fantasy show its gone in seconds and they leave their table strewn with their rubbish. Eat like pigs. Yeh real quatity tourists NOT. They thais make it easy fir them to be here like they did for the russians. Another breed of quality tourists not. 

• Like 1