BANGKOK 22 May 2019 06:13
marcusarelus

Does negative posting cause expats to leave or not come to Thailand

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I think people have sufficient intelligence in most cases to sift out the good from the bad and draw a conclusion based on facts and not what may amount to "gossip" or hearsay.

It may contribute in one direction or another but I doubt it would be the only or definitive source, dependent on the actual topic or subject concerned.

I wonder why no one in the American Justice department has made that point.  By the way I agree with you.  Same things have happened here with the false rumors/news about Insurance requirements and stopping Farang from getting married and so on. 

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, and you also have to add in to the mix ,where Thailand is concerned, the variation in rules, interpretation and there application etc from province to province and even within the same the office dependent on who you see.

Rarely any consistency in many subjects, Banking, Immigration and local Government as an example. You have to pin it down to your specific office and not as a"standard" practice in many cases.(IMHO)

Ya I agree.  There is little consistency anywhere in the world and in most places justice is dependent on how much money you have.  OJ, "If it doesn't fit you must acquit." 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would distinguish between tourism and expatriation. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

I would distinguish between tourism and expatriation. 

Have you looked at the threads about boat safety and jet skis?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The topic has nothing to do with truth?

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Thanks for that. 

I watch CNN seems normal to me.  News casts are becoming more like social media even using comedy shows as news sources daily.

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I watch CNN seems normal to me.  News casts are becoming more like social media even using comedy shows as news sources daily.

Yes those White House briefings are comedy gold.

As for the original question my initial thought was no, people have more sense, then I had second thoughts.

Edited by Stocky

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Yes those White House briefings are comedy gold.

As for the original question my initial thought was no, people have more sense, then I had second thoughts..

I agree.  Humor is now the only reason I turn on the news.  Sad in one way but comforting in another.  Imagine actually getting angry about anything read or posted here. 

• Like 2