Extension of Stay - Marriage: Report Buriram Imm Office 23 April 2019

Hi Folks,

Applied for extension using income for previous year (2018) direct deposit to Bangkok Bank from Financial Institution in US.  The income is from an Annuity derived from previous employment in US which I elected to receive when I became eligible at age 55.  The arrangement has been in place for several years now.

1)  Local branch of Bangkok Bank advised that the statement for the year 2018 would take 7 biz days to obtain which was unexpected, but not a problem.

2)  After getting the statement and a letter to confirm I was the account holder, I copied the statement then hilited the Foreign Transfers.  Then made an Excel spreadsheet with the amounts for each month and a calculation of the exchange rate for each transfer.  This was based on the information in the 1042-S Tax Statement received from my FI.

3)  The IO paid little attention to the hilited copy of the statement, but simply included the original statement in the application documents, including my XL spreadsheet.  The IO asked where in the 1042-S was the amount of the Annuity, and included that in the application.

4)  I had downloaded the fillable TM.7 file from the TVF website, and completed that and printed it with the picture and signature.  This was rejected by the IO and I had to do another one.  The reason given was that it was out of date.

5)  We had originals and copies of our marriage documents, but one of these was also rejected.  In the translation the name of this form is Khor.Ror.2.  The reason given was that it was not a current copy.  The IO gave my wife directions to the nearest Office where she could obtain a current copy and I waited while the IO pleasantly asked me a few questions on our relationship.  It's not clear if the questions were official or just small talk.

In conclusion there were a few hiccups which I've noted but no real problems.  The issue with the marriage form is rather weird as the date on the form we presented is same date we got married, but the one which was accepted is 23 April 2019.  But this is Thailand.  The IO said that this is a new directive from the chief of Immigration.  Whether this is the overall chief or the Buriram chief we did not ask.  The IO was very pleasant and spoke very good English.  The total time we were there was about 90 minutes.

I hope this information is helpful for some folks on here.
Cheers, UW.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The updated Kor Ror marriage registry is to prove you are still married. If you had gotten divorced there would not be one for the Amphoe to print out.

Thanks for clarification.  Makes sense now.