O Visa From Savannakhet based on being a parent

Savannakhet will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. They will only issue a single entry non-o.

Penang will do one but they require 400k baht in a bank to issue one.

• Thanks 1

I was going to do the same thing. They advised me a birth certificate with your name as the father, and a signed copy of mothers ID and Tabien bahn. Im not sure what type of visa it was but you need to exit and re enter every 3 months but the visa itself good for a year. No momey in the bank needed. Is that right UJ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I was going to do the same thing. They advised me a birth certificate with your name as the father, and a signed copy of mothers ID and Tabien bahn. Im not sure what type of visa it was but you need to exit and re enter every 3 months but the visa itself good for a year. No momey in the bank needed. Is that right UJ?

No. They won’t issue a 1 year ME visa as the parent of Thai.

4 hours ago, ScotThaiOz said:

Does the single entry give him a year or 3 months? If only 3 months can he get a 2 month extension on it?

Thanks again everyone.

It gives 90 days, and that can be extended at immigration by 60 days (1,900 baht).

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ScotThaiOz said:

Perhaps Penang would be simpler to get to.

They want financial proof. It think it is 200k baht for a single entry.

Vientiane will issue a single entry non-o visa without financial proof. An appointment is needed to do the application. There are flights from Phuket to Udon Thani and then he could take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai to go to Vientiane.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They want financial proof. It think it is 200k baht for a single entry.

Vientiane will issue a single entry non-o visa without financial proof. An appointment is needed to do the application. There are flights from Phuket to Udon Thani and then he could take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai to go to Vientiane.

So does Savannakhet require no financial proof for the single entry and no appointment?

Edited by ScotThaiOz
Spelling mistake.