VIDEO: Chaos outside Central World as armed man releases snakes bringing traffic to a standstill

snoop1130

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Wow, you should heading up the Mental Health division of the nation. Imagine how much time and effort would be saved with your compassionate approach to the mentally ill? Simply instruct the police to shoot anyone who show signs of nervous breakdowns, etc. :wink:

But in all seriousness, I agree with statements about a lack of police action. He should have at least made attempts to stop the motorcycle riders for their own safety.    

There is a popular belief that these guys are the only sane ones and that the rest of the world is mentally ill.

Then there is me.  :cheesy:

2 hours ago, faraday said:

I didnt think the Police handled this serious & unpredictable situation very well. They seemed scared & looked as if they didn't know what to do.

Between the car, the adoration and pictures, and with what he was shouting perhaps they were....

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Police just standing there like pussies, why did they not shoot the nutter?

In a public place like that with hundreds of witness's - you reckon?

They were also probably scared, the guy has a pretty expensive motor meaning wealth.......unless is just the driver?

3 hours ago, faraday said:

As a side note, he most probably was on ya ba; are some of you 'pro druggies' :thumbsup:really sure about blanket legalization?

Just as likely it was demon rum.

But I doubt you advocate outlawing booze.

12 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So the cops just let motorbikes drive right next to and past a guy with a machete and snakes in his hands. 

Not a clue how to adapt to a dangerous situation.  

They're  there solely to clear up the mess  afterwards, that and collect money.

13 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So the cops just let motorbikes drive right next to and past a guy with a machete and snakes in his hands. 

Not a clue how to adapt to a dangerous situation.  

Probably less dangerous than driving on a normal Thai road. 

13 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Thailand sure has some entertaining buskers (street performers). :wink:

Busker busted?

Let's be positive about this "incident" - it makes the rest of us feel normal.

16 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

This was a potentially dangerous situation. Snakes, a knife wielding nutter, rush hour with motorbikes weaving around. Without a taser, the police, should in my view, have shot to maim...not to kill...then they could have arrested him easily.

Perhaps, with hindsight, the police will acquire tasers.........Lets have a committee and see how many millions of baht each one will cost!

Exactly correct, as i posted police should have shot him, as can be read in my post i never said shoot to kill.

Yet a few people on here getting their knickers in a twist, without reading my post correctly.

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Because they aren't American and have other ways of ending a situation without killing someone. That takes more skill than pointing a gun and firing at someone, a skill that many country's police forces have. Even the Thai police, it seems. The result was that no-one was injured or killed here, including an obviously mentally disturbed individual who did nothing more than hold up traffic for a while.

And wave a large knife around, and do something ?( unspeakable) with a Snake...

Yea, nothing.

That said, perhaps he's a Snake Handling Pastor...?

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Exactly correct, as i posted police should have shot him, as can be read in my post i never said shoot to kill.

I am not a gun person - where do you shoot someone without having the potential to kill? 

Remember the old movies had stuff like that in - is it true? "just winged him" they never say he bled to death after or died of shock :shock1:

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

And wave a large knife around, and do something ?( unspeakable) with a Snake...

Yea, nothing.

That said, perhaps he's a Snake Handling Pastor...?

Do you think he was really a danger to the public? He wasn't attacking anyone, just ranting.

Tasers. I saw a man 'tasered' last month in NZ, Wellington, about 15-20m from where we were waiting to cross the road.

Three shouted requests from police to 'get down on your knees' had no result on this man, who was at a guess on methamphetamine or similar, dancing and boxing at shadows between vehicles at traffic lights.

Very effective, dropped him very quickly and they were able to handcuff him without further problem. 

Archived