VIDEO: Chaos outside Central World as armed man releases snakes bringing traffic to a standstill

snoop1130

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So the cops just let motorbikes drive right next to and past a guy with a machete and snakes in his hands. 

Not a clue how to adapt to a dangerous situation.  

Snakes everywhere both with helmets and brown uniforms ...

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Depreciation in Thailand ? they still sell 30 year old M-B bangers  for over 400,000 baht. Its a face thing. Similar to stupid.

It's nothing to do with face, how ridiculous.  The used price of a car here is relative to the new price just like it is in every single country in the world.  You do understand how that works right?

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

It's nothing to do with face, how ridiculous.  The used price of a car here is relative to the new price just like it is in every single country in the world.  You do understand how that works right?

Clearly you have no clue whatsoever.  Depreciation in say the UK  is very high compared to that of Thailand. Do you actually live here ?  If not just do some googling and educate yourself. And by the way "Face" is everything in Thailand  ( don't you read other posts in TV ?)  which is exactly why a M-B , BMW hold there value so well so please don't make preposterous statements about something you clearly do not understand.

24 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Clearly you have no clue whatsoever.  Depreciation in say the UK  is very high compared to that of Thailand. Do you actually live here ?  If not just do some googling and educate yourself. And by the way "Face" is everything in Thailand  ( don't you read other posts in TV ?)  which is exactly why a M-B , BMW hold there value so well so please don't make preposterous statements about something you clearly do not understand.

Yes, I live here.  Been here for 24 years and have bought and sold many cars in that time (both new and second hand).  And no, I don't learn about Face (or anything else) by reading other posts on TV that are mostly written by grumpy bitter old men, although I am very aware of what it is and how it works (both "face" and TV), probably to a much greater extent than you are.

You are aware that a new MB or BMW can be up to three times the cost of the same in the UK?  This is due to a thing called "tax".  It doesn't take a great amount of brain power to work out that the second hand values of those same cars will also be proportionally higher than those in the UK.  

And of course, aspirational / luxury vehicles hold their value better than a Kia.  Why wouldn't they?  And with the price of new cars being so exorbitant here it also reasons that demand for used cars will be high, thus prices hold.  Second hand cars are expensive because of Face, really.

Anyway, this is going way off topic.  I just can't leave plainly silly statements hanging there.

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, I live here.  Been here for 24 years and have bought and sold many cars in that time (both new and second hand).  And no, I don't learn about Face (or anything else) by reading other posts on TV that are mostly written by grumpy bitter old men, although I am very aware of what it is and how it works (both "face" and TV), probably to a much greater extent than you are.

You are aware that a new MB or BMW can be up to three times the cost of the same in the UK?  This is due to a thing called "tax".  It doesn't take a great amount of brain power to work out that the second hand values of those same cars will also be proportionally higher than those in the UK.  

And of course, aspirational / luxury vehicles hold their value better than a Kia.  Why wouldn't they?  And with the price of new cars being so exorbitant here it also reasons that demand for used cars will be high, thus prices hold.  Second hand cars are expensive because of Face, really.

Anyway, this is going way off topic.  I just can't leave plainly silly statements hanging there.

Total nonsense post

20 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So the cops just let motorbikes drive right next to and past a guy with a machete and snakes in his hands. 

Not a clue how to adapt to a dangerous situation.  

Cop approaches man and says:-

"Stop doing that!"

"No!"

"Oh, OK"

Cop walks away

1 hour ago, webfact said:

42 year old ‘Kanetpitsanuthep’ or Kanthapong Jakkrapopmahadaecha.

Sounds like a Thai name to me , maybe half Indian ? 

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I missed the part that named the snakes as cobras. Perhaps you could point it out to me. Thanks.

11295722_941233569233544_226595743853006

JS100 Radio
22 hours ago

ชายจอดรถป้ายแดง เทงูลงบนถนนหลายตัว ใช้มีดทำร้ายตัวเอง หน้าศูนย์การค้าเซ็นทรัลเวิลด์ ตร.รวบตัวได้แล้ว ประชาชนแตกตื่น ยังไม่ทราบแรงจูงใจ

(Cr.@annniex_,Kwanjai) ดาวน์โหลดแอปพลิเคชั่น #JS100 ได้ที่ >> goo.gl/hoc9w8

#JS100English

Images of someone releasing cobras from a bag right in the middle of Ratchaprasong Intersection whilst also cutting himself and the reptiles with a long knife. Bystanders have fled from the weapon-wielding snake whisperer, and thus far, it is unclear what the motivations are for such a disruptive act. #ThaiRoads #DrivingInThailand #BangkokTraffic #Snakeman#SnakesOnTheRoad #SnakesOnAPlane #ConcreteJungle #Snakecharmer 
https://seeme.me/ch/js100
Use our SOS feature with the free JS100 Radio app: goo.gl/

See Translation

Glad to be of help !
it is in the original post.
if it were green grass snakes, I guess no-one would be "boffered".
cannot make it out on the snapshots, but take the word of a well known radio station for it. 
:-)

Man who released cobras in central Bangkok being tested for mental problems

By Kanathit Srihiranyadej 
The Nation

5bfa61a20153de59be731f6c026d71c9-sld.jpeg

PHOTO: @annniex_

A man who caused chaos by stopping his Mercedes Benz in the middle of a busy intersection near the Central World shopping complex in Bangkok before releasing several cobras yesterday will be charged with littering.

Colonel Thawatkiat Jindakuansanong, deputy city police commander, identified the man as Kanetpissanuthep Chakkapobmahadecha, also known as K Roilarn or K 100 million.The suspect will also be charged with carrying knives in public and blocking traffic.

The suspect stopped his new vehicle in the middle of the Ratchaprasong intersection on Wednesday at about 6pm amid heavy traffic. He then released the snakes and walked around with a knife in one hand and a snake in the other. 

The 44-year-old was shouting and approached bystanders and traffic police, who ran away. The man’s head and shirt were covered with blood and some news agencies claimed he chopped off the snakes’ heads.

People videoed the incident until police arrested him.

Thawatkiet said Kanetpissanuthep showed signs of stress and rambling, and he could not breathe and had a tight chest.

Police then sent him to Chulalongkorn Hospital, fearing he had been bitten by a snake.

His mental condition was examined at Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry, with the results yet to be released. 

He told police his actions were out of respect for Buddha and religion. Thawatkiat quoted the suspect as saying that he was told by his monk to receive power from the sun to help the world escape from disaster.

The cobras were bought from villagers in Nakhon Sawan province and not intended to harm anyone, Kanetpissanuthep told police.

His wife told police that Kanetpissanuthep had been under stress as his mother died late last year and his sister was diagnosed with cancer.

Early this month, his monk died, adding to Kanetpissanuthep's anxiety.

Police checked into his prior record and found that the man sprayed his car to show support for General Sonthi Bunyaratklin, a coup leader in 2006.

Last week he caused a scene at a shopping mall in Pathumwan district by shouting at people, Thawatkiat said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368361

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-25

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Don't be silly, a 30 yo Benz in Europe costs max. 4000 euro if it's a nice one...

Just reading the latest news on here about this poor man, & I do feel compassionate towards him.

His Mum died, then his sister has cancer, that would I'm sure mess up a lot of people's mind.

When my mum died, I understood profound grief, & was able to cope: Just.

Really hope the charges are dropped, receives proper Psychiatric help, & recovers.

19 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

That video was taken just as the situation was starting to develop, right after he'd stopped his car and started waving things around.  A couple of cops were there and one tried to approach him.  Consider that nobody knew right then what was really going on. 

Look at photos from a couple of minutes later and the entire road was blocked off.

I think the situation was handled very well to be honest.   Road quickly closed, man arrested.   No-one was hurt, no-one was shot.

Of course the moment someone stopped their car in the street you (or the police in your Utopia) would have immediately cordoned off the area, got paramedics on stand by, warned people on Facebook to avoid the area, then disarmed him with a karate kick to the groin and taken the snakes to a zoo.  Well done you.

then disarmed him with a karate kick to the groin

They did :laugh:

Nutter with snakes in BKK.JPG

14 hours ago, faraday said:

'Joseph' seems to be very passionate about all this. ????

I didnt think the Police handled this serious & unpredictable situation very well. They seemed scared & looked as if they didn't know what to do.

The outcome appeared more like luck than judgement.

Should've Tased him. Twice.

As a side note, he most probably was on ya ba; are some of you 'pro druggies' :thumbsup:really sure about blanket legalization?

Enjoy your day, everyone.:smile:

The first person to tackle him was a shopping mall security guard - not the cops - according to one of the videos of the incident.  Initially, the cops just stood around doing nothing.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Exactly correct, as i posted police should have shot him, as can be read in my post i never said shoot to kill.

Yet a few people on here getting their knickers in a twist, without reading my post correctly.

Doesnt matter Homey, you dont shoot to wound, you shoot to kill......

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

From thr article: "He told police his actions were out of respect for Buddha and religion. Thawatkiat quoted the suspect as saying that he was told by his monk to receive power from the sun to help the world escape from disaster."

Told ya thats why the cops hesitated

Charged with littering? I guess the old payoff negotiated settlement with cop on the beat was rejected.... though I suppose they needed some charge to get him off the street. Beats shooting him.

I suppose if he needed a defense his lawyer could say he was releasing cobras to take care of rat problem....

I think that someone who is brandishing a large knife, & cavorting with snakes in a densely populated area, should be subdued immediately.

If that involves shooting him, however extreme that might be, it minimises potential injury to others.

... except of course that gunfire in a densely crowded situation...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, IslandLover said:

The first person to tackle him was a shopping mall security guard - not the cops - according to one of the videos of the incident.  Initially, the cops just stood around doing nothing.

Saw the same clip, second security guard helps the first one before the police join in.

Archived