Teaching 'protective behaviours' to my daughter

charliechoc

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Op

A lot of us that have been here for a while tend to rightly or wrongly look at posts like yours through lenses that can be jaded and assume that you are just someone with nothing to do that wants to cause trouble or waste time.  Hence you are called a troll.  There is o such thing as a troll stick but what is being said is that this is not a real post or problem.  It just seems too weird to be true type of thing.

That being said:

If you are sincere then you have no way of stopping this action.  Barring moving back to wherever you came from and take your daughter. with you.

This is something that your wife is the only one that can resolve.  It is up to her and really her alone.  If you take any action then nothing will get done as you have found ut.  

If your wife lays down the law then the family will take it seriously.

As to teaching your daughter again not your job as much as you want to protect her this is the wife's.  

Talk to her come up with a resolution that you can accept and let her handle it.

I disagree it is up to both parents to teach protective behaviours, they do it as a regular part of parenting

Protective Behaviours develops personal safety skills that can be used by children, young people and adults to keep them safe and work towards reducing violence and abuse in the community. Over recent years there has been an increased awareness of all aspects of children's safety, particularly that of personal safety.

• Like 2

I suggest you start here

Protective Behaviours develops personal safety skills that can be used by children, young people and adults to keep them safe and work towards reducing violence and abuse in the community. Over recent years there has been an increased awareness of all aspects of children's safety, particularly that of personal safety.

Protective Behaviours

Protective behaviours to teach your children

May 20, 2015 - You can start teaching children as young as 2-3 years of age about their bodies and personal boundaries. Naming body parts - When in the ...

Edited by RJRS1301

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My (former) Thai wife once said to me, you and my mother are the only adults I will allow my daughter to be alone with.

I asked what about your brothers, she replied, no they would probably have sex with her.

I asked what about your sisters, she replied, no they would accept money to allow someone to have sex with her.

I've always gone alone with her opinions, she know Thais better than me.

Sound like a classy family. What province?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Sound like a classy family. What province?

Any and every province probably. Why try to turn this around and make the poster and his wife appear to sex tourist material with a bar-girl wife?

The poster is absolutely correct in his assumption. you can't trust anyone. I too would be uneasy. I have one Thai daughter (12), two English daughters - both with daughters and grand daughters of their own. My own two English daughters were accosted many years ago in a lift in Hong Kong.

Asia and the middle East are hotbeds of potential sex offenders - the opposite of our western standards regarding young child, pubescent children and young women.

I've lived here for 14 years. I lived in Hong Kong a few years and the same with Oman. I never left my kids alone with anyone I didn't know very well. I u8nderstood the risks only too well.

And that would have included any father-in-law as well!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lots of suspect new user accounts pop up, they all have new accounts and post lengthy and controversial topics. Usually with detailed personal experiences of Thai women and their families and relationships.

Then disappear never to post again. You fit that profile.

Even if it is a troll, don't you think the subject is worth a discussion?

Trolls do post sometimes interesting questions if you remove the baiting part. 

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Any and every province probably. Why try to turn this around and make the poster and his wife appear to sex tourist material with a bar-girl wife?

I am not turning turning it around at all. Britman is a sexpat with a bar girl wife. Unlike most of the members here with a bar girl wife, Britman doesn’t try to hide it, Britman embraces it.

Having a bargirl wife is only an issue for those who pretend it isn’t so and who are living a lie.

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Asia and the middle East are hotbeds of potential sex offenders - the opposite of our western standards regarding young child, pubescent children and young women.

Yes the opposite of our Catholic Church, Jimmy Seville, Michael Jackson mentality. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

Nice family - so now every Thai male 30,000,000 of them are paedophiles and every Thai female 38,000,000 of them is a child sex trafficker - you don’t half post some utter shit !

I'd  certainly say its more prevalent in ASIA than Europe.

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I do not think you are being paranoid. I think your concerns are justified.

It is not feasible to teach a 5 year old to protect herself against her grandfather. Even with a much older child it would be asking quite a lot and stressful for the child. You can teach protective measures with strangers etc but with a grandparent??? And at age 5 ??? No way.

Do not allow her to be alone with him, full stop. Fortunate that your wife agrees the behavior is worrying. (One wonders if she had some experiences herself with him as a child? Assuming this is her father).

The grandmother is obviously of no use. It is down to your wife and you to be firm and enforce this.  See them only in situations where your daughter is not with you, or in public settings where you can be continually present. Do not have him in your home except for short visits that you can supervise nonstop. Do not stay in their home. 

There will be pushback on this but stand your ground.

I was hoping that you would reply Sheryl.

We have to go back to the home city next month. I think I will insist that we stay in a hotel. I want to sit down with him and my wife to show him his behaviour was unacceptable. The MIL is a simple and very nice lady but has no authority and just brushed it off I think saying 'its normal for thailand' in her broken English.

Its a shocking thing if he is effectively grooming her for later....

On 4/26/2019 at 1:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

Op

A lot of us that have been here for a while tend to rightly or wrongly look at posts like yours through lenses that can be jaded and assume that you are just someone with nothing to do that wants to cause trouble or waste time.  Hence you are called a troll.  There is o such thing as a troll stick but what is being said is that this is not a real post or problem.  It just seems too weird to be true type of thing.

That being said:

If you are sincere then you have no way of stopping this action.  Barring moving back to wherever you came from and take your daughter. with you.

This is something that your wife is the only one that can resolve.  It is up to her and really her alone.  If you take any action then nothing will get done as you have found ut.  

If your wife lays down the law then the family will take it seriously.

As to teaching your daughter again not your job as much as you want to protect her this is the wife's.  

Talk to her come up with a resolution that you can accept and let her handle it.

Thanks for your reply. I can assure you that my story is all true

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

What a load of nonsense, it is his job too. Don't be a wimp who hides behind his wife.

Protect you child and tell him not to do it again and let him know you are serious.