Fingerprinting on entry?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:56 AM, HampiK said:

They have installed the Fingerprint readers at the Airport. But not use them yet. 

I guess in the future they will change to use them. On the Reader it's written you should put 4 fingers on the reader.

I just used the Airport Today so can tell for sure that they not are used yet.

I just back from Taiwan, and there you use the Fingerprint to exit the country. No passport or anything else needed. Very easy. On entry in the country you show of course Passport and give Fingerprints. But therefore the exit is very easy and fast ????

fingerprint on exiting the country?  hmmm.  I remember my first and only trip to Tijuana Mexico back in 2005.  I was amazed as we just walked out of the USA.  I had always flown out of the USA to several countries and just expected something was done when you walked out, but nope.  Just stroll along and out.

Traveled a lot through Hong Kong they did fingerprints so i

coukd use the automated entry instead of waiting in the most 

times looooong line. Put passport in machine finger on machine and off you go.... made it easy for sure. 

I went to Cambodia this week, there was one notable change since I last went there which was back in 2014.

They appear to have stopped using the fingerprint readers.

On the way into Phnom Penh the fingerprint readers were turned off, there was no visible green light at all, this wasn't just on the booth I went to but I could see the same thing on several other booths as well.

On the way out I went through immigration and the fingerprint reader was turned on and the green light was visible but it still wasn't used.

I got a visa on arrival for $30 when I arrived, they do already have my fingerprints from 2014 and before so I'm not sure if this made any difference.

Immigration was empty both on the way in and out, zero waiting so it was nothing to do with saving time, etc.

Just an observation but I have a feeling that these fingerprint readers are not such a reliable metric as the name / DOB combination which is easily stored by a simple scan of the passport.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:29 PM, potless said:

Ah, yet another first class opportunity to pick up a communicable disease. Will the person in front of you be a nose picker, bum scratcher or nose blower?  Form an orderly queue for the nearest wash basin.

Nobody's died from boogers and dangleberrys yet AFAIK.

29 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Just an observation but I have a feeling that these fingerprint readers are not such a reliable metric as the name / DOB combination which is easily stored by a simple scan of the passport.

I think most airports where they've asked for dabs, they still scan the passport. More like belt and braces maybe. The fully automated eGates are the ones that do face biometrics and passport scan with no fingerprinting.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, HampiK said:

I guess in the future they will change to use them. On the Reader it's written you should put 4 fingers on the reader.

China is helping them. It is not yet operational. Once, it is operational, hiding behind new passports, etc. will be the tale of the past. However, most land borders will still be open to enter the country like poor migrants from the neighboring lands.