Does shareholder require degree?

Does a shareholder require a degree to apply for a work permit? Planning to open a business with my wife. 

Right now I'm already on NON-O visa for less than a year. Which business is the best to open? For example Partnership or Company Limited. However, right now my wife does have Sole Proprietorship Business on her own. Could she apply work permit for me? Which is the best way? 

We probably will be doing tourism related stuff such as Hotel as She owns a hotel in Pattaya and I am thinking to do a revamp upgrade.  

"Does a shareholder require a degree to apply for a work permit? Planning to open a business with my wife. "

Obviously not. The amount of businesses (restaurants) I have come across owned by Farangs that haven't got the slightest idea about how necessary it is to have training for their staff. Some run their businesses like soup kitchens 

The amount of times I have seen customers looking for service while the waitresses play their phones..I have lost count of.

17 hours ago, damen said:

Right now I'm already on NON-O visa for less than a year. Which business is the best to open? For example Partnership or Company Limited.

To my knowledge you can open a partnership with a Thai wife. You should only need two Thai employees for one foreigner's work permit when you are married to a Thai, your partner/wife can be one of them. I'm "quoting" from memory, from other threads about the subject in Thaivisa forums, if you use the search function you might find answers from some with direct knowledge, or expert level of knowledge.

Opening a Thai company limited require three shareholders, and foreigners cannot hold more than 49 percent of the shares. A shareholder capital of 2 million baht is needed for the first work permit for a foreigner, plus four Thai employees. There are however exceptions under BOI.

For being a director – i.e. member of the board – in a company limited, you don't need a work permit, but you are not allowed to do any "physical work" other than attend board-meeting (and like level, including shareholders general assembly), and sign board meeting documents and like, and annual reports. Being a managing director you'll need a work permit.