Nine get 10 years for luring students to join unlicensed university

webfact

2 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

This was a worthy, philanthropic venture, designed to assist the disadvantaged in Thai society. Why the pernicious Thai authorities cracked down on 

Not really; a Ponzi scheme is something else entirely.

Me thinks you misunderstood the Ponzi scheme analogy. 

As for the philanthropic venture; start a charity. Don’t call yourselves a university and lie about your credentials and connections. This is what we call ‘fraud’. 

9 hours ago, bangrak said:

'Kieran00001' this post of yours makes me ask you about your personal links with that WPU, are you ashamed to be one of the abused, ...or on the side of the shameless abusers? Your later posts #9 and #14 on this topic make me wish even more to know where you stand concerning this ...scam (IMO, ...and that of the Court). Not even counting the one about Trump's buying himself out of his 'university' scam's legal consequences, you seem to find OK). Where do you stand "Kieran00001'?

My personal viewpoint is that it was wrong of them to offer honorary degrees for a fee under the pretext of honoring those who have contributed greatly to society, it raises question as to whether those who paid were also deserved of merit or whether their money alone was enough, which would be grossly misleading.  However, what I cannot see is what harm they have done to their students, my guess is that they had some high profile clients who prefer the idea of having been criminally "lured" rather than having been the willing accomplice.

Archived